Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dealing with 'forced' downtime

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently on a family trip at a beautiful rented house on lake Michigan.

We've got booze, food, games, a hot tub and all the creature comforts of home for the most part. The issue i'm facing is i'm going stir crazy from not being able to be productive. I can't workout or even find a bar to do pull ups on. Its ****ing nasty outside and dangerous so going for a run is a no go. I can't do anything for work aside from a handful of emails and housekeeping which I've already done. There are no girls or places to venture to, we are in the boonies. I'm surrounded by family and their SO's and I can't even escape to go read a book. I've been cutting out booze and i'm surrounded by it. I brought some material to work on and practice, but I haven't had the quiet environment needed to get things done. If I had a girl with me things would be different, but I came solo.

I don't want to be a straight up party pooper, but I get seriously irritable when I can't get things done, like I can be a straight up a**hole. It is almost like an anxiety as I 'waste' time being idle. I hate down time. Anyone else relate? How ya deal with it?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Try meditating OP. You're stuck there for the time being.

Billtx49

Reaction score
I thought the time to go Lake Michigan was late Spring or Summer. You’ve got cabin fever plus the family in there. Not the ideal vacation unless that’s what you wanted and signed up for.
Another life lesson to live and learn.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

We've got booze, food, games, a hot tub and all the creature comforts of home for the most part. The issue i'm facing is i'm going stir crazy from not being able to be productive. I can't workout or even find a bar to do pull ups on. Its ****ing nasty outside and dangerous so going for a run is a no go. I can't do anything for work aside from a handful of emails and housekeeping which I've already done. There are no girls or places to venture to, we are in the boonies. I'm surrounded by family and their SO's and I can't even escape to go read a book. I've been cutting out booze and i'm surrounded by it. I brought some material to work on and practice, but I haven't had the quiet environment needed to get things done. If I had a girl with me things would be different, but I came solo.

I don't want to be a straight up party pooper, but I get seriously irritable when I can't get things done, like I can be a straight up a**hole. It is almost like an anxiety as I 'waste' time being idle. I hate down time. Anyone else relate? How ya deal with it?
Now you know why backwoods people f*ck their sisters/ cousins.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought the time to go Lake Michigan was late Spring or Summer. You’ve got cabin fever plus the family in there. Not the ideal vacation unless that’s what you wanted and signed up for.
Another life lesson to live and learn.
I was guilted into going. I tried to bail out and it wasn't worth the pushback lol. And yeah it is more of a summer thing, but the lake is always cold man

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Enjoy time with the family and get to know them better, you will only have a finite amount of time with them. If you need some time alone take a walk and enjoy the scenery.
My family and I are tight, but you're right. Can't go outside, it's been hail and ice everywhere. The backyard is 100 foot drop to a watery grave. I am stuck, time to go do a bunch of pushups like a weirdo lol

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I lose my mind... years ago I went with my buddy to his cabin for a coyote hunt. It was in the middle of nowhere, no cell service, job Johnny, no shower... it was so cold and snowy no one was able to hunt. It was a long weekend of eating garbage food, playing cards, sitting around and drinking. Saturday morning I think tried to off myself.. I woke up and went out to hunt coyotes...got lost in the white out and for a brief moment thought I might die... and I was that bored I accepted that outcome.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Anyone else relate? How ya deal with it?
Many single men have forced family time. It's annoying. I see you're only 25. If you're single at 35, it will be siblings/cousins, their SOs, and their kids. It's even worse if your parents are divorced and you're dealing with their remarriage, late in life spouses and the late in life spouse's adult children and grandchildren.

Stanley

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Many single men have forced family time. It's annoying. I see you're only 25. If you're single at 35, it will be siblings/cousins, their SOs, and their kids. It's even worse if your parents are divorced and you're dealing with their remarriage, late in life spouses and the late in life spouse's adult children and grandchildren.
We're already there, i'm the youngest of my entire familial generation. Ended up just riding it out, don't want to touch booze or weed for a while after this trip.