deal with insults

don code

Don Juan
Reaction score
I need a little bit of advice on dealing with insults. I was out one night and this girl who I had kissed on a previously occasion ( i know she is attracted to me ) said to me "You have a bent nose" i wasnt born with this it happened when I was in a fight. I said to her thanks for noticing it happened in a fight(i have had it sorta bent back into place but it didnt sort it totally, i dont want a further operation incase i end up like michael jackson and she said it again 2 or 3 times. I was really drunk at this point and after i walked away from her ( not showing i was too concerned about what she said) my friends started saying cheer up why you looking so down. I never thought i was looking down im really bad at looking happy when im not i think my facial expressions give to much away. I got home that night and i know this sounds really AFC material but it made me really depressed just because she said this one thing infact now if i see the girl again i think im just gonna ignore her or even better sleep with her to boost my ego again. I have 2 questions here
1) how to deal with / ignore insults
2) how to make yourself look happy when your not.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it bothers you that much, have it fixed. Apparently you're extremely insecure about it or you wouldn't have reacted the way that you did. Surgery is fine - Michael Jackson doesn't look that way because the doctor messed up; he specifically wanted that look to "hit the high notes". So, worrying that you might end up like him when you simply want your nose realigned is like worrying that you'll get cancer from eating at Taco Bell.

don code

Don Juan
Reaction score
im worried incase i get it fixed and it looks even worse + around this part of the world ur likly to get in alot of fights so if it gets broke again its gonna break easy is it not? any doctors here?

SpeedRunner

Don Juan
Reaction score
i would ask some doctors about it yes.

BTW you need to -destroy- your insecurity. It is a secret, black dragon that is hellbent on making you feel terrible about yourself whenever possible. You must slay this dragon if you ever want to get anywhere in life.

TillTheEndOfTime

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by don code
I need a little bit of advice on dealing with insults. I was out one night and this girl who I had kissed on a previously occasion ( i know she is attracted to me ) said to me "You have a bent nose" i wasnt born with this it happened when I was in a fight. I said to her thanks for noticing it happened in a fight(i have had it sorta bent back into place but it didnt sort it totally, i dont want a further operation incase i end up like michael jackson and she said it again 2 or 3 times. I was really drunk at this point and after i walked away from her ( not showing i was too concerned about what she said) my friends started saying cheer up why you looking so down. I never thought i was looking down im really bad at looking happy when im not i think my facial expressions give to much away. I got home that night and i know this sounds really AFC material but it made me really depressed just because she said this one thing infact now if i see the girl again i think im just gonna ignore her or even better sleep with her to boost my ego again. I have 2 questions here
1) how to deal with / ignore insults
2) how to make yourself look happy when your not.
Don't stoop down to her level by insulting her in return, but make a witty comment that leaves you looking confident/mature. For example, when this girl gave you that comment about your nose, you could have said something like "wow, nothing gets by you honey! (in a sarcastic tone)" or "How long did it take for you to figure that out ms sherlock holmes?" etc....

VictorK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Get the surgery then move so you won't be in 'that part of the world'.

Michael Jackson had several nose operations. Back in the early 80s after his 1st one or so, the doctor seemed to have done a good job.

xiola

Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ what he said. if you want, make her feel bad for saying it. if it was me, i would just ignore it and not mess around with her anymore. When people arent nice to me, i tend to stay away from them
* edit, i meant what tilltheendoftime said

b