Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Deads on legs or on back day?

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always used to do Straight-back Straight-leg Deadlifts on my back day.
A few days ago I talked to a guy at my gym and he told me it's better to do them on leg day because they are mainly for hamstrings.
I do them on back day because squats stress the legs a lot and another big compound excercise seems like too much for me.
But I'm leening more into his side now.
Another question, which in is better Straight-back Straight-leg Deadlift or Straight-leg Deadlift ?

I'm gonna be doing a pecs-triceps, back-biceps-forearms and legs-abs-shoulders split btw.
Thanks.

Reaction score
stiff-leg deads on leg day.

just crucify your legs all in one day and be done with it..it gives you more recovery time before your next leg workout.

regular deads on back day.

ideally, you are doing both.

FitnessGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I do Stiff Leg Deadlifts(SLDL) on leg day and conventional deadlifts on back day.

In the past, I have also tried doing deadlifts on leg day.

I have also seen trainees who's progress was halted because they were doing both SLDL and conventional deadlift the same week. This has never been the case for me, but something to seriously consider because it can happen.

In the end it's up to you, but as the previous poster said it seems more normal to do SLDL on leg day.

Reaction score
Originally posted by FitnessGuy

I have also seen trainees who's progress was halted because they were doing both SLDL and conventional deadlift the same week. This has never been the case for me, but something to seriously consider because it can happen.
I think when that happens, it's not doing both in the same week per se... I think there are nutritional/rest/recovery issues that probably are the real culprits.

The hamstrings are a tremendously resilient muscle group, and like the traps, forearms, and calves, they can take a beating. I don't think the secondary stimulation the hams get from conventional deads would be such a huge factor.

Like I said, the likely culprit is probably lack of calories to counteract the metabolic supercharging effect that doing heavy deads will have on your body.

FitnessGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by victor von doom
I think when that happens, it's not doing both in the same week per se... I think there are nutritional/rest/recovery issues that probably are the real culprits.

The hamstrings are a tremendously resilient muscle group, and like the traps, forearms, and calves, they can take a beating. I don't think the secondary stimulation the hams get from conventional deads would be such a huge factor.

Like I said, the likely culprit is probably lack of calories to counteract the metabolic supercharging effect that doing heavy deads will have on your body.
Very good point, you are probably right. The guy this happened to said it was due to "lower back" overtraining but I think you are right.

Aiken_Drum

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I'm confused now. Can someone link to a page showing the differences with both deads?
Also, isn't it overtraining to do one type of deads on legs day (with squats) AND the other one on back day?

FitnessGuy

Don Juan
Reaction score