Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Deadlifted 315lbs x 6 - New Personal Best!

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Today was back day and I did 4 sets on the deadlift.

Set #1 135lbs x 12.
Set #2 135lbs x 10
Set #3 225lbs x 10 (felt easy, could have gone for more reps)
Set #4 315 x 6

On the last set, I struggled at first just picking the weight up to even begin with. The first time I tried it slipped out of my left hand. I had to really grip it insanely tightly and then go 100% focus lion mode. I do stiff-legged deadlifts so I take the weight all the way down my shins and drag it back up again. I did completely clean reps with a full extension at the top. I was completely wasted after the last set and literally rushed to get the weight out of my hands after the final rep was up. I felt great after!

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Congrats! high reps with a heavy deadlift like that is TOUGH!

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice! You could probably do more if you used a different warm up scheme.

Charm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Nice! You could probably do more if you used a different warm up scheme.
What sort of warm-up routine? Also, I don't do my DL's first in my workout so that is possibly a factor also.

Fuglydude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Charm, I bet you that you could probably get a single with 350-365 if you did a 1RM at the start of your workout.

I get the best results from deads when I do them at the start of the routine...think about it. Deadlifts use LOTS of different muscles, and you're obviously throwing around a substantial amount of weight for a significant amount of reps. When you do other movements before deads your metabolic reserve is somewhat drained, and depending on the intensity at which you're training coupled with the recovery you're allowing yourself, your nervous system will be taxed as well, hence your max strength/power output is gonna be compromised. For me grip becomes a big thing when I do deads after other stuff. I think you said you use straps, so I guess this isn't a huge issue.

Why not try doing them at the start of a routine, after a warm-up and report back as to the changes you see...I think you can do a lot more than you think you can. What are your stats?

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do DLs first. Its your most important lift of that day and you need all the energy you can for it.