Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

David D is anti smile?

Q-Pid

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
According to DD:

Nice guy:

1) Smile all the time.

2) Be very nice, cordial, and friendly. Use no sarcasm, and don't tease.

3) Act as if you really "like" the woman you're talking to... and as if you're "interested" in her.

4) Give her lots of compliments.

5) Optional: Politely say "You probably have a boyfriend, right? Can I take you out sometime?"
Bad Boy:

1) Don't smile very often.

2) Pretend that you've known her for 20 years, and that you're TOO comfortable around her. Tease her for something that no one teases her about... like the way she dresses, etc.

3) Pretend that she's interested in YOU, and has been pursuing YOU, and that you're resisting her. Make jokes about it and say things like "I just don't think things are going to work out between us".

4) Give her NO compliments of any kind. If she gives you any, say "That's a cheesy pick up line. Can't you think of something more original?"

5) Optional: Say "Hey, do you have email? Good. Write it down here..."
Doesn't that go against the whole smile = confidence, Nervous guys = don't smiles, theories that are all over this site?

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think he overly exaggerated the extremes just to make his article look more dramatic (sells more ebooks). The best way forward is a carefully selected combination of both those extremes!

BigFoot

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, another Dave D. fumble !
Basically, don't smile (and act like a conceited dork) and somehow the females are going to like you more. Very laughable.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
His whole premise is to think how women react to things. Like if they think they are better than some bloke, she won't smile at him, make him prove, through his attitude, he's better.

When you smile you are saying I like you, normally this is good news, however in this context you want, I'm not sure I like you, prove you are worthy.

That's why his other tricks are things like folded arms, slightly turned body away, squinting etc.

The hardest thing is knowing when to switch over and that needs practice, and you need to keep dong the on and off on and off.

Once you get the hang of it it's easy though, you toy with them and it fvcks their synapses.

Pilinski has the same idea applied in a different way in terms of esculation and acting on female cues to esculate. Your actions are important but timing is just as key. This is where many guys follow a system and don't know why it's not working.

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
the reason that Dave D. tells you not to smile because it creates a mystery about you. when you are smiling a woman knows somewhat about what is going on with you. however, if you keep a straight face and only give a slight smirk when you make eye contact with a woman it says something completely different.

his whole method works to create mystery in an attractive way that makes a woman want to know more. this leads to more interaction with women and helps you develop your own style. IMO his material is a great place to start because it points out many small details that most guys would never even think about. he outlines some typical situations with women which make great crutches for getting into dating and developing your game.

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score
the reason that Dave D. tells you not to smile because it creates a mystery about you. when you are smiling a woman knows somewhat about what is going on with you. however, if you keep a straight face and only give a slight smirk when you make eye contact with a woman it says something completely different.

his whole method works to create mystery in an attractive way that makes a woman want to know more. this leads to more interaction with women and helps you develop your own style. IMO his material is a great place to start because it points out many small details that most guys would never even think about. he outlines some typical situations with women which make great crutches for getting into dating and developing your game.

Recluce

Don Juan
Reaction score

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
I smile when I approach for a couple of different reasons:

1) Most guys are scared when they approach and it shows on their face.
Plus, changing your physiology changes your mental state, meaning when you smile, it causes you to be more positive.

2) Cause I'm about to git some.

Mortukai

Don Juan
Reaction score
I smile when I approach for a couple of different reasons:

1) Most guys are scared when they approach and it shows on their face.
Plus, changing your physiology changes your mental state, meaning when you smile, it causes you to be more positive.
Smiling is also a nervous response. Humans smile both to make others more comfortable, and to make relieve tension that they are feeling. I don't smile when I approach because I'm not trying to win her, I'm just going to see if she's worth my time.

In fact, by NOT smiling, and glancing slowly sideways at a girl, followed by a slight smirk when turning away, I've had more success with making the bolder ones approach me. It creates mystery and establishes my power. Like saying "Yeah I was looking at you, I'm not all that impressed, but I might be..."

Not smiling probably only really works best on guys who are more attractive and socially comfortable, and it definitely works best on the HB9s and 10s. Sometimes with the really hot ones, it's like there's this little game, where the first one to smile or laugh loses, because it reveals their tension and establsihes subconsciously that they are trying to win you over. Just picture in your head the dynamic of a man standing there smiling at a woman who is not smiling back, or a man not smiling with a woman who is smiling back. You know intrinsically who has the power.

And if you think that it might be intimidating, you're right. Especially for the sub 8s. But the REALLY hot chicks NEED to feel intimidated, because they are so used to having guys who are intimidated by them, it's a real turn on to find one who can intimidate them instead (in the right way of course, acting like a serial killer might work for some, but it's generally a bad idea).

Luveno

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tend to go on what's natural for this one.

Most AFC guys, and other people in general, use smiling as a defense mechanism. They aren't smiling because they are happy. They're smiling because they want to relieve the tension, and lie about how intimidated they're feeling.

My suggestion is to smile when you're happy, or when you find something funny.
That's about all you can do.

If nothing is funny, and you're indifferent, don't smile.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
quick someone ask david d what to do

a hot chick tells you a joke, do you smile and laugh like its funny to be interesting

or

do you stand there and not smile to remain a mystery

rofl

sk24iam

Don Juan
Reaction score
According to DD, I act somewhat of both of the nice guy and the bad guy. I always smile, I use lots of sarcasim, and I give occasional compliments. I have found that to be the best approach.

tmpgstx

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Smiling is good! It projects confidence and is all about image and being comfortable in your own skin which drive women nuts.

Fatality

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by penkitten
quick someone ask david d what to do

a hot chick tells you a joke, do you smile and laugh like its funny to be interesting

or

do you stand there and not smile to remain a mystery

rofl
I don't think that applies to what David D was saying.

He said "don't smile very often"

not "don't smile at all"

Some guys always seem to have on some goofy somewhat nervous looking smile for no apparent reason. It's annoying. I never see these guys with girls. They look like dorks.

Only smile when you have to is what he's saying.

Derek Flint

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Marin County, CA - just North of San Francisco
But Mystery says to smile when you approach, while David D says not to.

This is the problem with listening to these PU guru's, is that you get conflicting info.

Think about this: If you were a woman and a guy was approaching you, would you respond more favorably to him if he was smiling than not?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys really have to stop reading those snakeoil salesmen. RJ, DD are full of sh!t. The game they teach you is FAKE and very rigid. They oversimplify human behaviour into these silly rules and tell you what to do and what not to do like you're a child.

Yes C&F and teasing is GOOD. The problem is that DD markets this as the end-all-solution to attracting women, which is bullsh!t. It's not that compliments and being a good guy is bad, it's that most people overdo it. Think about it, if you dated a girl and she complimented you everyday in order to get your affection, you'd start getting bored of these compliments because they're dime-a-dozen.

If you constantly run C&F or tease her, guess what? You'll become just as boring and predictable as that nice guy that always kisses her ass.

Also, if you treat her like an immature brat, the most you'll ever get from her is a schoolgirl-like crush that fades away in a few weeks. If you make her feel like a woman whenever she's around you, she's yours for as long as you want her.

Instead of trying to build a library of techniques and gimmicks in your head that DD tries to push down your throat, JUST BE THE BEST POSSIBLE VERSION OF YOURSELF. What that means is:

- take good care of yourself. don't be a slob, dress well.

- work out until you have the body that makes women wet

- be confident, have the balls to approach, don't be scared of girls. in other words, be masculine.

- be a good guy that is fun to be around (and yes, that includes smiling). at the same time, have the balls to put her in her place if she is out of line.

-always be prepared to walk if you're not happy. and while many girls you date will want to go into a relationship with you, not every girl you date will be girlfriend material, so be picky of who you go exclusive with.

Become the prize, be the best possible person you can be, and you wont need these gimmicks and mind tricks. Once you hit this level, being yourself is all the game you need, and much more effective then any artificial game DD or RJ teaches.

Maverick_DJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smiling is good! It projects confidence and is all about image and being comfortable in your own skin which drive women nuts.
If its a true smile, then thats ok. If you are just smiling to relieve the tension your feeling then it will show and you'll just look more nervous.

If you can actually smile properly then cool, you will look more confident etc.

A true sile shows in your eyes, so if you can't project a true smile then don't or you'll look uncomfortable, if you can, then do it.

It's not that compliments and being a good guy is bad, it's that most people overdo it
I agree with this, but I think its the same with DD's methods, people overuse them and think that they are the be-all-and-end-all. I dont think he markets them that way.

His methods work, but if you are uncomfortable with them then they come off as fake and scripted. You need to adapt the techniques to your personality, not just repeat the gumpf that he says. Its all about the attitude, not the lines.

Last edited:

PatZull

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, shut up! You are so confused right now.

Read MindOverMatter's reply.

I remember what my brother told me a year ago: "Don't get too deep into these self-help bullsh1t, because although they might be helpful, if you misuse them, they can backfire and ruin your mind." Not his exact words, but you get the point. Accept everything you read with a grain of salt.