Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating w/ career

TheManMasenko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How’s dating/plating changed for you after you acquired a career (stable income)?

I’m curious to here your experiences.

CornbreadFed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My approach to dating has evolved over time, influenced by my career and age. When I was fresh out of college and in the early stages of my career, I was open to dating a wide range of people, with the exception of single mothers or degenerates.

As I approached my 30s, my priorities shifted. I began to focus more on my career and health, and dating started to feel more like a burden than an enjoyable hobby. My patience for the challenges and complexities of dating dwindled. I stopped going to clubs and bars regularly and found it difficult to connect with younger individuals on a mature level. The only approaching I do is the first one to get the number. Afterwards, girls usually do most of the pursuing and either party isn't interested, I next her. I don't have time for this "Raise her interest" or "game her" bullcrap. Furthermore, I do not care much about sex as I used to as I was younger. I more so care about the experiences with women and just the thrill of getting a girl naked in front of you and sampling her body.

Having a stable income is certainly a positive aspect, but I've realized that dating can still become burdensome unless I approach it as a hobby, as some guys do. Dating apps have proven effective for me as they allow me to meet women with minimal effort and investment.

It's important to note that my experiences and thoughts may not apply to every man, as everyone's dating journey and preferences are unique. I find this video relatable, and you might too since you are black too.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How’s dating/plating changed for you after you acquired a career (stable income)?
Depends on your career. Even something like whether you have a 9-to-5 job or work shifts has a great impact on your time to date.
Over here, pretty much everyone has a 'stable income', most people are middle class, with a few affluent people and some poor people, but even the people on a minimal income can have a steady life.
Of course, there are homeless people here, but they are mostly mental cases whose disorders are unlikely to be unsafe, so they are thrown out of mental clinics to fend for themselves.

Part of my career was a 'double life' where I had to go 'dark' at times, so I didn't look for a 'girlfriend' but I had different women who knew not to call or depend on me. I gave up my double life when I got married and had children, since I didn't want my wife and children to have a target on their back. My income was stable, but my life wasn't suitable for LTR.

So, a lot depends on the type of career.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My dating improved when I started to hit gym and gain muscles. Forget about the money $hit, men who lead with money have no self respect and they try to buy woman.

Just have a nice physique, don't be a bored guy, do fun activities with the girl and don't be a autistic & awkward socially. That's all you need.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This typically happens for white collar men 30+ when it happens.

Some 30+ men might be able to pull off a beta bucks type situation. The 'beta bucks' niche for men is diminishing and has been diminishing for the past ~20 years for 2 reasons.

1. Women have continued to make progress in their careers. A 30+ childless woman with a bachelor's degree and a job is usually able to support herself reasonably well. She doesn't need Mr. Beta Bucks as much as her 30+ childless equivalent needed a Beta Bucks in 1990.

2. Most men don't make enough money to be attractive. In the thread below, @jaymbrs gave the example of a man making $75k-125k per year. Those are solid earning men. A guy in his 30s/40s making in that range is doing better than the average income earner, but he's not doing spectacular. A 37 year old man making $110,000/year isn't very attractive to educated, white collar 30-34 year old childless women, who are probably also making at least $75k a year. The lower than $75k/year women in their 30s are already married or are single moms.

Most guys making under $150,000/year in a big USA city are only beta bucks bait for subpar looking women and/or single moms. Similarly aged childless women aren't very interested in them based on money alone (they might generate interest with the combination of looks + money though).

https://www.sosuave.net/forum/threads/women-dont-want-a-semi-successful-man.277824/

In short, money doesn't make that much of a difference unless it's elite level salary or net worth.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
in 2023 everyone has a stable income its not exactly a rarity anymore

What that "stable income" can buy you has changed drastically over the last 10 -20 years but most people are completely oblivious to this they just keep grinding on until death

As far as career goes its no secret that companies want as much out of you as they can possibly get whilst paying you as little as they can

whilst this sort of suits the family man , giving him an excuse to escape from the monotony of family life , the single guy just finds himself becoming more and more isolated and more and more consumed by corporate bullsh1t

Women like fun , its why you meet the most in your 20's at clubs / parties / festivals

The corporate career lifestyle is not fun , in fact its the exact opposite

Once a man gets older and stops the clubbing and drinking the only real option is too live a jet set holiday type lifestyle where you will be able to pick up women without stigma of being "old"

As ive reached 30 ive found it VERY difficult to maintain access to a constant flow of women and I don't even work a traditional job

There is little in society set up for the single guy in his 30's to meet and date more than a handful of women a year

The apps are riddled with trash , its pretty much high churn cold approach & IG game or go celibate

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sucks with a full-time job for people that need 8 hours of sleep. So if I had a full-time job, as well as the time it takes for me to get to and come back from work, I essentially eat dinner and have a little time on the Internet. No time to find women. So, it sucks. Unemployment is a great time to find women.

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sucks with a full-time job for people that need 8 hours of sleep. So if I had a full-time job, as well as the time it takes for me to get to and come back from work, I essentially eat dinner and have a little time on the Internet. No time to find women. So, it sucks. Unemployment is a great time to find women.
Bro wtf, I have a full time job, have hobbies, go to the gym at 5 am everyday, even work on the weekends, have a 4bd house, do all the chores, go to dance events and still get to go out to clubs to dance a look for women.

If you make women your priority, you're doom to fail.

There is Hispanic saying that goes "El que juega por necesidad, pierde por obligacion" Translation "If you gamble out of necessity, you're destined to fail" or some $hit like that.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bro wtf, I have a full time job, have hobbies, go to the gym at 5 am everyday, even work on the weekends, have a 4bd house, do all the chores, go to dance events and still get to go out to clubs to dance a look for women.

There is Hispanic saying that goes "El que juega por necesidad, pierde por obligacion" Translation "If you gamble out of necessity, you're destined to fail" or some $hit like that.
So you only need 4 or 5 hours of sleep?

Manure Spherian

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Good post. A man should be able to live his life and meet women while doing so, not by altering his life to meet women.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good post. A man should be able to live his life and meet women while doing so, not by altering his life to meet women.
Do the math before making a baseless post. 8 hours work, 8 hours of sleep, that's 16 hours, so 8 hours left. Let's say 45-minute commute to and from, so total 1.5 hours, 6.5 hours left. Some jobs are actually 8.5 hour shifts, meaning half an hour of unpaid lunch. That makes 6 hours left. Subtract 30 minutes for washing and 30 minutes for laying in bed, that's 5 hours left. Of course you adjust some days is spent doing essential needs that you swap per day, for example, 1 day is grocery shopping, another day going to the bank, etc.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Unemployment is a great time to find women.
If you're unemployed and not at risk of homelessness, it's possible to increase your activity in approaching women. Depending on the time of year, I could 1-3 hours a day on a walking path with decent foot traffic making approaches. How many employed guys are going to be able to do that?

For the app swipers and Instagram DM'ers, they have more free time to swipe and message during unemployment.

The problem with unemployment is getting laid on dates. Women aren't impressed when they find out a man is unemployed on a date, unless that man looks like a criminal dirtbag with multiple tattoos. If a man looks like a basic, white collar guy, it isn't impressive.

In 2011, Roosh wrote a great piece about how to get laid while unemployed and living with a parent. This is a great read for any unemployed man.

NealIRC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the most successful times with women in my life was when I was working a full time physical job, lifting weights and drinking. I was on point. For some reason doing all of those three things at once was a goldmine for me for getting women.
So you've never impressed women with C++ or Java programs?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those who want it bad enough find a way to make it happen. The rest make excuses.

itouchyou

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Do the math before making a baseless post. 8 hours work, 8 hours of sleep, that's 16 hours, so 8 hours left. Let's say 45-minute commute to and from, so total 1.5 hours, 6.5 hours left. Some jobs are actually 8.5 hour shifts, meaning half an hour of unpaid lunch. That makes 6 hours left. Subtract 30 minutes for washing and 30 minutes for laying in bed, that's 5 hours left. Of course you adjust some days is spent doing essential needs that you swap per day, for example, 1 day is grocery shopping, another day going to the bank, etc.
Ehh.. try to get a remote job, and live in a city.

Eat lunch at desk, work from 8-4, done

All_Kindz_Of_Gainz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you only need 4 or 5 hours of sleep?
4:30am - 5:30am gym, 7am -4pm work, 6pm -7:30pm dance/softball/rest, 8:30pm - 3:30am 7-8hr sleep.

Weekends do my house chores and cook for the rest of the week and go out. Its all about discipline, there are days that I just wanna rest for 3 hrs in the house after work. You as a man should be busy all the time with hobbies, work and gym, women are the last of your priorities.