Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dating someone with herpes?

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I was seeing a girl in 2019 that told me she had herpes (HSV1 - basically mouth herpes on her genitals) after we had been barebacking from the first date, she'd just got the results (so must have suspected something before telling me) I was really sad, she was gorgeous, intelligent, funny, tall (5'10). Sadly I had to next her. It just wasn't worth the stress. I could see myself having kids with her. Since then no girl I've met has come close to captivating me the way she did.
Birthing kids with da Herp is not fun. The kid can, in theory, catch da Herp and then die since they have little to no immune system when first born. They now ask if the mother has da Herp so they can put her on Valtrex so the virus isn't transmitted to the newborn. It's a horrid little virus. You're lucky you escaped without da Herp. You should get your tested, both HSV-1 and HSV-2 just to be safe. I would consider HSV-1 or HSV-2 worse than HIV. At least one can prevent HIV from becoming AIDS and you can live a normalish life. With da Herp, little chance.

Not a fun read, but here - https://forums.herpesopportunity.com/

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Herpes Simplex Virus, or HSV, comes in two main types: HSV-1, which usually gives you cold sores, and HSV-2, the main cause of genital herpes. Both types can show up as sores either around the mouth or the genital area, though.

In the U.S., nearly half of people between 14 and 49 years old (about 48%) have HSV-1, the kind that usually leads to cold sores. When it comes to HSV-2, the kind that mostly causes genital herpes, around 12% of people in the same age group have it.

Let that sink in.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting seeing this chick for a few weeks now, really like her and see her as an LTR prospect. She’s 45 never married, no kids but I suspect she was a bit wreckless in her younger years.
We’re just about to get down to business, when she tells me she caught herpes 10 years ago, and still has the occasional flare up.
Anyone dated someone with herps? Should I walk away? Anything I can do to mitigate my risk?
We’ve both sent away for STI tests before we get in to it.
Had I known at the start I would’ve probably walked away, but I’ve really caught feelings for this one.
Any thoughts welcomed….
They say pictures tells the story often better than words, so....

Pierce Manhammer

Reaction score
Newsflash!
Getting a beejay exposes you to HSV, scardy cats…cause I’m not seeing a lot of you getting them with condoms…

Enjoy valentines…

Dash Riprock

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you f*cked 10 girls, statistically one already had herpes.

Most (80%) people don't show symptoms. No reason to dump the woman, at least she told you. Take L-lysine which helps block the virus and wear a condom. If you do get it, don't listen to the horror stories from paranoids. It's a skin rash that pops up every few months and is easily controlled with medication. It's not a death sentence.

It's no big deal. Stigma is 100x worse than the actual skin disorder. The longer you have it, the less viral shedding and fewer outbreaks. Severity decreases too. If she's had it for 10 years, her viral load is likely very low and she may not even notice an outbreak so play it safe. It can be done.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that there was, or possibly still is, an online dating website that was specifically for people that hard genital herpes lol.

Most (80%) people don't show symptoms. No reason to dump the woman, at least she told you. Take L-lysine which helps block the virus and wear a condom. If you do get it, don't listen to the horror stories from paranoids. It's a skin rash that pops up every few months and is easily controlled with medication. It's not a death sentence.

It's no big deal. Stigma is 100x worse than the actual skin disorder. The longer you have it, the less viral shedding and fewer outbreaks. Severity decreases too. If she's had it for 10 years, her viral load is likely very low and she may not even notice an outbreak so play it safe. It can be done.
While I don't have genital herpes, nor would I want it, what you are mentioning here definitely has some truth to it. The reality is that most STDs are fairly treatable or even minor. I think a lot of the horror stories you see pushed around about STDs are a way to scare teens from having sex.

I also think the whole AIDs/HIV scare is more along these similar lines. IF you aren't a homosexual man OR using injectable drugs with dirty or shared needles you have an incredibly low chance of even being exposed to that disease, let alone contract it. I'd have to find the exact stats, but it's something like 1 of 5 gay men will be HIV/AIDs positive in their lifetime. Those are numbers on par or even higher than the African nations where this is seen as an epidemic/public health crisis, absolutely insane to think about. Meanwhile, for heterosexual men that don't use needles it's like 1% or somewhere around that level.

Newsflash!
Getting a beejay exposes you to HSV, scardy cats…cause I’m not seeing a lot of you getting them with condoms…

Enjoy valentines…
Something like 90% of the population has HSV if I recall correctly.

manfrombelow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Around 12 years ago, I were making out with this chick who at the time was into me a lot, she was 100% DTF, however, thanks to prior knowledge that she's having herpes not long before that (but claimed she's got it treated at the hospital), even though I was 12-year younger, more horny, and even much more stupid than I am now, I only ended up fingering her (damn the chick was wetter and gushing out more juice than Niagra fall), before I told her I'm sorry I can't do it without a condom (I had condoms in my back pocket to be honest) and proceeded to go into the bathroom to wash my hands profusely to make sure any herpes virus is washed off my fingers. And after I'm done, I got up and left. Never seen or heard from her ever again.

To this day, even though I didn't penetrate her like I wanted to, I still believe I made a wise choice.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Starting seeing this chick for a few weeks now, really like her and see her as an LTR prospect. She’s 45 never married, no kids but I suspect she was a bit wreckless in her younger years.
We’re just about to get down to business, when she tells me she caught herpes 10 years ago, and still has the occasional flare up.
Anyone dated someone with herps? Should I walk away? Anything I can do to mitigate my risk?
We’ve both sent away for STI tests before we get in to it.
Had I known at the start I would’ve probably walked away, but I’ve really caught feelings for this one.
Any thoughts welcomed….
I have herpes and have boned chicks after I told them. As long as she's not having an outbreak, you should be fine. It also depends on where her outbreak usually occurs. If she gets it on her ass, all the condoms in the world won't stop that from spreading.

It's your call. Personally I'd rather fvck someone 20 years younger.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have herpes and have boned chicks after I told them. As long as she's not having an outbreak, you should be fine. It also depends on where her outbreak usually occurs. If she gets it on her ass, all the condoms in the world won't stop that from spreading.

It's your call. Personally I'd rather fvck someone 20 years younger.
Just curious, but how often do you get a break out with that and what is it like when it happens, painful, etc.? When you get herpes, is it always on a specific spot or can it show up in various places in the genital area?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just curious, but how often do you get a break out with that and what is it like when it happens, painful, etc.? When you get herpes, is it always on a specific spot or can it show up in various places in the genital area?
It depends on how long you've had it. When I first got it, I had an outbreak every 2-3 months. Avoiding certain foods can help reduce that. These days I get about 2 every year. It gets better with age. I have about 3 different spots it likes to show up in; two on my ass and one on my ba11s. It's usually the exact same spots.

As for what it feels like, it's just somewhat irritating. It usually starts as an itch one day and then it turns sore over the next couple of days. Then it turns to a scab and heals.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It depends on how long you've had it. When I first got it, I had an outbreak every 2-3 months. Avoiding certain foods can help reduce that. These days I get about 2 every year. It gets better with age. I have about 3 different spots it likes to show up in; two on my ass and one on my ba11s. It's usually the exact same spots.

As for what it feels like, it's just somewhat irritating. It usually starts as an itch one day and then it turns sore over the next couple of days. Then it turns to a scab and heals.
So you can basically get it anywhere in the anal or genital area, I was thinking it might have been at a particular site or something.

Would you compare it to hsv 1, aka cold sores, or no?

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So you can basically get it anywhere in the anal or genital area, I was thinking it might have been at a particular site or something.

Would you compare it to hsv 1, aka cold sores, or no?
Yeah, it's not specific to your d1ck or anything. It should theoretically be similar to HSV-1, except that usually shows up on your face. My GF tested positive for HSV-1 but she's never had a sore show up. I dated a chick who always had one show up right between her eyes.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I may well have HSV 1 on my ****, I potentially had a breakout in 2022 - went to the doctor he said it was just a cut inflamed from when I split my banjo string in 2018 (made a thread on that, painful as f*ck), he said he didn't think it was anything serious and it went days later. I've had nothing since. I should probably be tested after barebacking 50 girls without protection.

RickTheToad

Reaction score

Tell it to the people who have it. Or, worse off, the ones who have it and are immunocompromised. They're really fvcked.