"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dating karma

BJP1991

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 11, 2018
Messages
471
Reaction score
209
Age
35
Do you believe in it?

For example, hb8 flakes on you twice in a row, then next thing you know, hb9 is showing high interest.

Or, conversely, you flake on hb7 knowing you aren’t into it, the following week hb9 flakes on you.

Thoughts?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

Serenity

Moderator
Joined
Aug 19, 2013
Messages
5,150
Reaction score
5,056
Age
35
Location
Eye of the storm
It doesn't work like that, no matter how much it seems like it. So no, I do not believe in it. That type of belief in karma is always sustained with confirmation bias. You don't pay as much attention to when it doesn't go the way you believe as you do when it happens.

The actual concept of karma seems to be too complex for most people to actually understand. It is a thing, but it has to follow causality like everything else. There's literally no possible link between the supposed cause and effect in your example, so it must be mere coincidence. You can experience coincidences that may strengthen your (incorrect) beliefs and it may not even be rare, but if you can't see a physically possible and logical link between cause and effect then it's best to leave it at that without any assumptions.

Better to say "I don't know" than to let false beliefs guide your life, stay real.
 
Top