Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Dating gets much better for men as you age. Read on...

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 25, 2018
Messages
2,630
Reaction score
2,730
Awesome that you take group fitness classes. I belong to two gyms at the moment, one is La Fitness where they used to offer a bootcamp class (did it for 7 years, then got cancelled) and the other gym is owned by two women who offer just group fitness classes.

I've noticed (atleast in NJ) most men for whatever reason are not into group fitness (only maybe Crossfit) and there are plenty of women in these classes. I met and hung out with a 21 year old (I was 41) and also went out with a Bulgarian (10 years my junior) thanks to these group fitness classes.

You are right, most of these classes you have to do the talking 5 mins before or after.
I think yoga is a really good one to look into, in my current city they had a yoga for singles night but it never worked out with my schedule, it was literally $5 for the class and you just bring your own mat.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
Awesome that you take group fitness classes. I belong to two gyms at the moment, one is La Fitness where they used to offer a bootcamp class (did it for 7 years, then got cancelled) and the other gym is owned by two women who offer just group fitness classes.

I've noticed (atleast in NJ) most men for whatever reason are not into group fitness (only maybe Crossfit) and there are plenty of women in these classes. I met and hung out with a 21 year old (I was 41) and also went out with a Bulgarian (10 years my junior) thanks to these group fitness classes.

You are right, most of these classes you have to do the talking 5 mins before or after.
Same stuff happens in Dallas. All group classes are more women than men. The few men I've seen in group fitness classes don't seem to be huge approachers like I have been. I've never gotten anything meaningful out of app swiping, but I have gotten extended relationships out of day approaching, including group fitness. It is a huge time suck to do fitness class approaching, but it is a good venue for approaching.

I'm not sure how this comes back post pandemic.
 
Top