"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Dating a separated but not divorced woman

Trump

Banned
Joined
Mar 12, 2011
Messages
3,000
Reaction score
1,669
Been out with this girl quite a few times, been in a position to make a move several times but can’t. Why? She is fully separated for 5 years but not divorced. No kids. If I try something:

a) she can play around with another guy as soon as it’s gets serious because that’s how we started
b) she will tell her husband and his friends to come kick my a$$
c) it’s immoral

More concerned about (a) than anything else. She is not bad looking and personality is decent.

Move on?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 23, 2014
Messages
4,762
Reaction score
7,975
Location
USA, Louisiana
I've dated women that are separated. I don't do this anymore because there is too much drama. But 5 years separated without a divorce is a long time. She should be emotionally ready to move on, I don't think I would have a problem with this... but it does beg the question, why is she waiting? There has to be a reason, and that reason could be a big red flag.
 

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 1, 2013
Messages
6,239
Reaction score
4,962
I've dated women that are separated. I don't do this anymore because there is too much drama. But 5 years separated without a divorce is a long time. She should be emotionally ready to move on, I don't think I would have a problem with this... but it does beg the question, why is she waiting? There has to be a reason, and that reason could be a big red flag.

Yeh 5 years? Whats taking her this long.. Maybe some emotional connection still remains.. Maybe not.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
Separated women that still live with their husbands rank lower than single moms that have never been married.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Move on
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
A couple good questions have been raised that we need to know the true answers to before we can give solid advice. When I say true answers, I mean her intent, not some BS she will feed you.

1.) Does she still live with him? If so, they arent separated.
2.) Why has she been separated for 5 years? If she still lives with him, this question is dead because she isnt really separated.

Let me tell you about a chick that I was seeing for 6 months from the beginning of 2018 to June 2018:

She has a doctorate degree (medical field) and her husband (now ex husband) is an attorney. They were separated for 5 months (as in not living together) before Glassguy slipped in. The now ex husband told her that he would do the dissolution paperwork and get it done. This little game went on for 3 months and he never did a thing. Meanwhile, he strategically balanced his income down so that when she would hire an attorney to file (and she eventually did---with my attorney) he wanted her to pay him alimony. To the tune of $3k a month. They had 2 dogs and no kids. Married 14 years.

So the first few months she would just come over and fvck. No problem.

As she started developing feelings, she wanted to see more of me. The problem is that I like to go out and do fun stuff. I am not the sit at home type on the weekends. So she didnt really want to go out because she didnt want people to see her with someone who didnt know that she was separated. That was an issue, so I tried turning her into plate status and fwb only and no dates. Then she got mad because I started seeing other people.

The soon to be ex had emotional and financial leverage on her. Glassguy doesnt make a good emotional tampon so this became a problem really quick.
So I was dealing with an emotional up and down mess, she wanted me to sit around my house with her all weekend and didnt understand why we couldnt have a "real relationship". Like wtf?

I saw her this past New Year's Eve. She was with a female friend of hers at a big DJ Dance party. She drank with my group and danced on me all night. She kept telling me that she had plans to "marry me". She didnt take kindly to me inviting both her friend (who is cute and was all over me anytime the chick I dated previously went to fetch drinks for us) over to my house for a night cap threesome lol.

Dating a married woman, separated or not, is never worth it. Granted its fun in the beginning because of the taboo, but shyte can go south really quick and you will find yourself dealing with an emotional tornado.

One cannot be in a relationship while still in another.
 

marmel75

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
7,175
Reaction score
5,571
You havent made a move because you are scared to make a move. Lets not make up an excuse as to its because she is separated or not. I've been on dates with separated women who were sucking my d!ck in the car an hour after we met
 

Gangster Of Love

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2002
Messages
2,574
Reaction score
66
Age
52
Location
Los Angeles
Separated women that still live with their husbands rank lower than single moms that have never been married.
REAL TALK right there, so listen up, kids!

ROBERT28, thank you for articulating it this way. Has finally helped clear things that I've carried inside for years.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top