Date Ideas

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
attn *MODS*: leave this post on this forum!!!
Most hs kids look here for tips on places to go for dating. Where older dj's go and young dj's go varies dramatically.

Since everyone wants to know about places to go for dates, then lets pool our opinions here.

I'm ranking these places from 1-10 with 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.

*I've taken the liberties to edit some of the people's posts slightly so it's easier for people to read. No ideas were changed*

Movies: Average at best. If you end up seeing a crappy movie, then her opinion about the date's not going to be very high. Scary ones give some chances for good kino but as a first date, it probably won't happen unless you put in some effort. Seeing the amount of AFC's here that doesn't even know what kino is, it's probably hard. 3-5

Mini Golf: Not a bad idea as long as you and your date have fun while playing mini golf. It's a physical activity and will leave a lasting memory; esp if she's only been mini golfing a few times in her life and really enjoyed it. I find that many girls prefer this as to movies simply because it's more unique. You can also get some good kino in on here. If you live in the city and complain that there's no mini golf, then do some searching in a phone book, most cities have either indoor or outdoor mini golf parks. 5

Parks: Most women like nature, just going to a nice city park where they have fun activities works really well. I went to the park with my g/f as a date once. We went on a paddle boat and rode it on the lake for 45 min and she thought it was a blast. It's a good time to be alone and do the kissing test if you feel it's the right time. This probably ranks as one of the better ideas because you can make it as light and as heavy as you need to. 6-8

Pool Hall: Good place to go to for kino and some group fun. If you're into double dating or hanging around with a horde of your friends while going out with your girl, then this place is for you. You can get very good kino here by *showing* her how to play pool like in the movies but make sure you do it as a joke or it'll come off as cheesy. Pool halls sometimes are very rowdy and a little more peace and quiet might be better for most dates. 4

Beach: The beach is a place to go if you've been consistently seeing your date for more than a few weeks. It gives both of you a chance to be more comfortable with your bodies infront of each other if you haven't done some hanky panky. It's also very relaxing and both of you can have some great fun. Just make sure you don't stay too long or let the date get boring. Get some grub during the middle at a pizza joint near the beach is also a good idea. This is more of an all day date. 8

Moon Lit Walks on the Beach: Cheesy, yes, but the ladies will most likely enjoy it. Since most of you guys are still in hs, your parents might not permit you to take a girl out during mid night to have a walk along the beach. It's a good time to be alone and make some serious moves. I find that darkness also puts women more at ease and the lack of people might make her less prude than usual. However, don't over use this one, like I said, it is cheesy and gets old pretty fast. 7-8

Renting a movie and inviting your date over: Atleast you get a chance to review if you think the movie's proper for the date or not. Most women prefer a comedy/romance type of movie. Go somewhere along the line of that, but maybe replace romance with action if you think that's too cheesy. If you're alone in the house with her, you can cuddle on the couch and kino all you want (as far as she accepts it anyways). If your parents/siblings are home, then you really shouldn't try to pull this unless you can do this in your room with doors locked (you never know how things will turn out. Good idea for a 2nd date if you made an impression that you're a guy with good values on the first date. 6

Carnival: Good idea if there's a carnival going on around your place. Light and fun, gets good memories into her head about you. She'll definately remember this one. I've personally never been on a date alone with a girl to a carnival but i can state that my female friends enjoyed it. Make sure it's a good carnival and not some cheesy crap. 9

Amusement Parks: This is for you lucky few who lives in places where there are huge thrill ride parks. I must say this is a great dating idea. Everyone love amusement parks and if both of you wants to go, I don't see why it would be a bad idea. This is more of a 3rd+ date when you know this girl can be a winner. I'm going to be sure the 50 bucks of my admission is going for a fun time with an interesting girl. Paying for her ticket's up to you. If you don't live near a park and want to try this, you'll prolly have to be in a LTR and have her be prepared to sleep in a hotel with you) I have never tried this but I imagine this must be a great idea. She will definately remember you from this date. 9-10

Fair: Could be fun. Another physical activity since it requires walking. Many fairs offer free events such as rock climbing and other forms of entertainment. Not an expensive date and could be a winner. Just make sure it's not a cheesy fair to start with. 7

Bowling: Not a bad idea at all. Though some people think it's for nerds etc, there's nothing wrong with bowling. If you're a good bowler, I'm sure you can show off your fancy spins and a few strikes in a row can impress her. All you need to do is remember to get some kino and and most of all, have fun. I've been bowling with friends but not on a date. I must say that it gets old after a bit so you better hope you have after plans. 5

Ice-Skating: Doesn't matter what time of year it is as long as there is an indoor rink about. Great place to get kino, gets her moving, talk can be minimised if you so wish, plus it's great fun overall. Highly recommended for a first date. 9
~Raoul

Planetarium: I took this chick to the planetarium the other night. Hey, it's more inspired than a movie, shorter, shows you have intellectual desires, usually cheaper, and oftentimes more interesting. Plus, it got her in the mood to go makeoutinthepark. Err, I mean, it got her in the mood to go stargazing. 7-8
~ColonelKaTaffy

Chillin' by the fire: Girls have humongus sweet tooths, the hotter they are, the more they LOVE sweets.
Start talking about how you and some buds chill by the fire once in while... then say when you're gonna next, and invite her for some s'mores. (He didn't rate this excursion so I'm going to from what it sounds like.)
9-10
~KinoOI

Mall: There are places to stop and eat for any budget, plenty of stores and a theatre... not to mention, ENDLESS CONVERSATION TOPICS. Just look to your right, left, up, or down, and I guarantee you will find 5+ obvious funny/interesting things. In malls everywhere, they are opening electric massage therapy stores, take a girl in there for an aqua massage, some relaxation toys or incense! (Wide range depending on how nice the mall you're going to is)5-10
~Lorenzo

Snow Boarding: Snowboarding is an awesome date. It's an action date so they aren't gonna forget it. You get to show off some of your skills (hurt yourself and you get all kindsa sympathy), chairlifts for private time and at the end of the day you can get your kino in at the lodge.You can also have a lot of fun doing other things like snowball fights. On the last run my girl and I would take off our snowboards and race down tobogan style.
~Jester and Katoom

Play: Go see a play, like hamlet or something. If you live near a city, there are most likely non-expensive theaters in your area. You can pretty much count on it being the first time shes ever been to a play on a date. I wouldn't do this on a first date however.
~Jester

Boating: I have a boat so i was thinking of taking my girl out in the boat and teach her about boating and stuff. You can also anchor your boat somewhere nice and have a picnic. Hopefully you have parents that would let you take the boat out. We aren't all that lucky
~katoom and DontStop

Gym: You can get some kino in here by showing her how to do exercises. There are better places to take your date and I wouldn't recommend this being your entire date because it would be pretty crumby
~misunderstood??

Go-Karting: I've never taken a date go-karting yet but I always enjoyed myself there, so why wouldn't your date? Where there is go-karting there is also usually other stuff to entertain yourselves with. To spice it up some you can consider making a bet on a race, something like first one to finish 3 laps gets a massage after the race.
~misunderstood??

Sports[b/]: Sports (tennis, basketball, etc) can make a good afternoon date full of kino. As an added touch you can bring a lunch box and a blanket and have a picnic after you whoop her ass.
~BAAudio

Board Games[b/]:I went a girl's place before and played board games with her before, it actually turned out pretty good. I ended up buying a back rub with monopoly money. Board games sound pretty boring but u can make them fun and if u do u probably won't finish them anyways.. Oh ya and twister is always fun!
~misunderstood?

Email me about new ideas so I can add them.

Note: I added some of the other ideas that were in the replies because AmgineEx seems to have disappeared and I didn't want to see this post die down, oh and i had to slim the post down some. ~misunderstood??

Aim: AmgineEX
email: AmgineEX@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:

LiLPrOdiGY69

Don Juan
Reaction score
a guy on the forum said he was gonna take his girl to go ice skating...

that sounds like a hella coo idea

------------------
~RepReSenT ThaT~

misunderstood??

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was an amazing idea of a post to make amgineEX, people who reply could maybe also give their ratings on the date ideas u wrote along with new ideas u didn't mention (like u said in ur post).

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I need something concrete and preferably from experience, like misunderstood said, a rating from you would also be a nice addition.

------------------
~Life's tough, get a helmet.~

dip

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
lol nice post...i agree with you on a lot, but i think the pool hall is great!

i agree with you about the carinval, my friend and i wennt with 2 girls , and we split up and there was a lot of kino on the rides, and while walking...thats a great idea

i havent been to an amusement park alone with a girl, that would be a great idea

E-Money

Don Juan
Reaction score
From what I gather from the bible and all the posts I've read is that the first date should be very casual(little tension or nervousness) and fun. The ones I've read in this thread are for just you and your date.
Now, don't get me wrong, that might work out, but it could also be kind of intense seeing that you barely know each other. It might be a good idea to double date(or triple, who knows) I believe if you are around a friend you know it will relieve lots of the tension right off the bat.
After that first date I think you'll probably be ready to go on dates with just the two of you. You would be more comfortable with each other then.

Take it like a grain of salt, though.

Peace

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd rather go watch a movie tho, among all those things.

I find bowling extremely boring.

Beach sounds good, but what do you do there all day?

What bout real golf? Although I've never tried play real golf.

[This message has been edited by bob2007 (edited 07-30-2002).]

machoguy123

Banned
Reaction score
or if u have license, go see a drive in movie...but yea i stopped goin on movie dates cuz they suck ****...u cant get much action in there. i like parks most.

RugbyMan

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol, well what the hel l do you do, take her to some blockbuster movie? When you go to the movies, you don't see a hit... Good God. You take her to some child's movie, or old movie, and then you sit in the very back... Can't get any action in a movie theatre.... What is the world coming to... Don't we have any DJ's left in this forum?

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rugbyman, unless your date has sky high interest in you, you probably won't find yourself making out with her often in the theater. If you see a crappy movie, then your date's not going to enjoy the date very much. I know that if I go to the movies, I'm going to enjoy myself and not pay 7 bucks for an admission to a makeout fest when I can get that for free somewhere else. If you wanna finger your g/f in the back of the theater, by all means, do it. Most people don't have that kind of skill to get what you called action. Besides, in the US, there are better places for dates. Movies arent a bad idea, but it's over used and too common, not a good hit.

------------------

ColonelKaTaffy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I took this chick to the planetarium the other night. Hey, it's more inspired than a movie, shorter, shows you have intellectual desires, usually cheaper, and oftentimes more interesting. Plus, it got her in the mood to go makeoutinthepark. Err, I mean, it got her in the mood to go stargazing. I'd give it at least a 7-8.

Other decent ideas: community events (like a local art show or food festival), thrift shopping/flea market.

------------------
Email: ColonelKaTaffy@hotmail.com
AIM: ColonelKaTaffy

I_Eat_Playdough

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
All those ideas are all old and tired, but theres nothing wrong with any of them. If you're having fun, then thats all the matters.

You want date ideas that are a little more out there? Here are some I've used.

Going to a pottery workshop (obvisously you get to make pottery together, and its kinda fun).

Petting zoo. Feeding cute animals, what more can a girl ask of a guy?

Going to an orchard and picking fruits.

Art exhibit or museum (if you're both into it).

Aquarium.

Picnic in the park (even better if its by a lake).

And spontinaity is a great thing when it comes to girls. One of the best dates I had was in Seattle when it was raining. I had a girls number, so I called her and asked her if she wanted to go splash in the puddles. So we both dressed up in old raggy clothes and jumped in puddles. It worked out great, we got soaked and laughed a bunch and play wrestled in some muddy grass.

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bump

Raoul

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ice-Skating

I'm surprised you didn't include this. Doesn't matter what time of year it is as long as there is an indoor rink about. Great place to get kino, gets her moving, talk can be minimised if you so wish, plus it's great fun overall. Highly recommended for a first date. 9

Good compilation though, the new guys will thank you.

One other thing, it is VERY easy to make out with your date in a movie theatre...of course if you're talking about the more "explicit" type of "action", then of course you shouldn't be doing it in public anyway. Pfffft.
Movie dates are very overused, however if you want to see the latest cartoon movie, or Disney flick, or whatnot, then taking a girl is the best excuse for you to go. Ice Age was very fun, though I missed the first half an hour...was preoccupied at the back.

- Raoul

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
bump, added two more ideas from others.

------------------

KinoOI

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Chillin' by the fire

Girls have humongus sweet tooths, the hotter they are, the more they LOVE sweets. Only done it once, but it was AWSOME. Kind of a pullabunchofppltogether kinda thing, but hey:

Start talkin about how u an some buds chill by the fire once and a while... then say when ur gona next, and invite her for some sum-ors[SP?] you know, the things with chockolate, marshmellows, and gramcrackers.

"Hey, me and some friends were gettin together <blank>, prolly gona relax by the fire, u should come... you do like sum-or's dont you?" - Her eyes lit up when I said sum-or's...

Get a fire pit, and some comfy lawn chairs, an a radio. Get ur buds and there girls, and have a blast. Not a first date thing - unless u've known her for a long time.

------------------
Don Juan; no bull****, batteries included!
Anthony J. G. leaving you,
With some words of wisdom...

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never no what your gona' get."' - Tom Hanks as Forest Gump

TheSplat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
On one of my g/f and my earlier dates, we went to a carnival. Unfortunately, I can't stand the rides where you spin in a cart one way, and the floor moves the other way and I puked. None got on her (Thank God) but I was extremely embarrased. Ahh, memories....

BTW, I have done almost all of those dates. And keep in mind that you don't have to just stick to one. You can go to a movie, then play pool.

After the second date, almost anything is percieved by her as a date, so ya'll can go play basketball (I've done that before on a date), go ride around in your car (Great way to really get to know her) or ,if she's smart and you live in a city, go to a debate or chess tournament, held at coffee-houses or bookstores. You can see how closed/open minded she is, how easy she is to change her views (Could be used later by you for sex), and whether she shows any views as you.

After about four dates, if you like her, make it exclusive. I may be mistaken, but most of us aren't here to get laid, but to be happy w/ our love lives.

phish

Don Juan
Reaction score
the gr8 db8,

where to take ur d8.

mini golf, balls r good.

if its dark, take her 2 teh park.

take it to the hall, take her to the ball.

to the fair, in a pair.

if its $ ur conserving, the amusement park is deserving.

take her 2 the beach, munching on teh peach.

if it all goes gr8, u will m8.

AmgineEX

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Added KinoOI's chillin' by the fire.

------------------