Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Data that proves that OLD is a complete waste of time.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD works if you are top looking and live in a decent area or if you are decent looking and live in a top area.

Awfully most of us live in crappy area when it comes of the sexual and relational market.

A 3 hours place plenty of times moved me from a no match area to a one night stands one...and Im still the same so is my profile.
I live in one of the biggest metro areas in the United States and am solid looking. Swipe apps in this city have generally been a lousy experience for me. I can get dates on them but the women are often are low quality in terms of their behavior. There's a good chance of some combination of ghosting, flaking, and rude/entitled behavior. The women I've gone out with from swipe apps have generally been cute. Not top tier hot, and maybe some average. I usually don't go out with below average looking women.

Any date that is a result of a in-person approach is usually better.

I don’t disagree with you. This is purely anecdotal - but I’ve had success with OLD and I live in a small city. Now I won’t for second argue that it’s better than IRL. It’s also true that in the dating market I’m in - which is much more limited, 95% of the chicks you wouldn’t even touch. But it can be used to supplement what you already get with one or two decent matches. Despite what others are saying here I spend maybe 5 mins maximum per day “swiping”. It’s not that big an investment.
The advantage you might get in a smaller area is that the women might have a better attitude. They also might not be suffering from "analysis paralysis" with an obscene amount of options.

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is an article that breaks down the true futility and time waste that is OLD in exhaustive detail. https://towardsdatascience.com/117-days-of-tinder-in-data-755fe9ed853e

TL;DR version: The guy swiped 16,591 times on tinder, got 290 matches and got three dates out of it. This is a 0.018% success rate in just getting a date, let alone there even being a second date.

How much time have you wasted swiping?
He's probably moved his hand more on Tinder than he had moved it making love to himself over the years. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can find success on Tinder or any swipe app, all you have to do is throw your standards out the window and settle for a girl well below your SMV.

It's a much better ROI if you hit the gym,find a good job,start investing,get a new wardrobe of clothes and start meeting women in the real world.
So how do you tell a guy like this to lower his standards? Look at these beasts that have rejected him! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t disagree with you. This is purely anecdotal - but I’ve had success with OLD and I live in a small city. Now I won’t for second argue that it’s better than IRL. It’s also true that in the dating market I’m in - which is much more limited, 95% of the chicks you wouldn’t even touch. But it can be used to supplement what you already get with one or two decent matches. Despite what others are saying here I spend maybe 5 mins maximum per day “swiping”. It’s not that big an investment.
It’s not just the swiping that’s an investment. The investment is the entire process of getting a match and converting that into sex.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is volume my friend. Move to the big city. OLD is killer out here
I disagree, I have more and higher quality dates in a polish or baltic second tier city than any western european capital.
Not saying that what you said is wrong, probably in the us there are other settings.

I live in one of the biggest metro areas in the United States and am solid looking. Swipe apps in this city have generally been a lousy experience for me. I can get dates on them but the women are often are low quality in terms of their behavior. There's a good chance of some combination of ghosting, flaking, and rude/entitled behavior. The women I've gone out with from swipe apps have generally been cute. Not top tier hot, and maybe some average. I usually don't go out with below average looking women.

Any date that is a result of a in-person approach is usually better.
I believe most men can relate especially in the low quality behaviour area, agree also that apps can get you pretty girls but hardly top hotties that clearny dont need apps and are already introduced to circles where top men are present.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Im willing to bet most of what the successful guys are pulling are 5-7s at best.
The trash on swipes in my area are horrendous. Shyt went downhill in about 2015.
Large cities are naturally better but zny guy can date uo by doing it offline if you have the personality.
I was having a lot of one & dones with women I rated in the 5-7 range on websites and later apps when I was used them. Not impressive.

I believe most men can relate especially in the low quality behaviour area, agree also that apps can get you pretty girls but hardly top hotties that clearny dont need apps and are already introduced to circles where top men are present.
"Hot" women aren't using the swipe apps as much. If you want to get top hotties electronically, you slide into her DMs on Instagram. There is a good quantity of women who are "cute" on swipe apps (mainly what most guys would call the 6-7 range). To see a legit 8+ on an app usually doesn't happen and if it does, most guys aren't going out with her. I assessed a numerical scale rating to every woman I went out with regardless of source for a while and I only got one 8. I assessed this precisely, using terms like 5.3 or 6.7. My median/mean from swipe apps/websites was in the low 6s.

In-person is where you want to go.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s not just the swiping that’s an investment. The investment is the entire process of getting a match and converting that into sex.
But how is that any different than IRL? You are going to make an investment of time and resources (money, gas, etc.) on any date whether it comes from OLD or otherwise. The swiping itself takes little effort. And the messaging to set up the date is no different than setting something up that isn’t on OLD.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
TBI, I dated females in northern Jersey and lower CT (Stamford/Bridgeport/Greenwich), didn't have much of a problem. More interest from the females in the city, but the cost benefit analysis stopped working as they raised tolls, fares and cost of drinks. So, for the last few years, I've stayed in NJ, lower Hudson Valley, NY and lower Fairfield County areas. Plus, I am not keen on a lot of traffic. I hate city traffic, and for me, p ussy, or the possibility of p ussy wasn't worth the cost of admission to the City of New York. Though, for a quick meet, when I was in NYC, the app went nuts in interest. It's crazy. A lot of interest in Queens and Brooklyn too. Way too far for me.

Igetit!

Reaction score
that's literally the best OLD market in the entire country. Virtually all of the posters that brag about OLD success are from there.
I agree. NYC has more than 8 million people.

When you live in a city that has more people than some entire states do,of course your chances for success will be higher,just by the sheer fact that you have MORE options to choose from and opportunities to make something happen.

It's basically like someone having 100 pitches thrown at them that they swing at,versus someone that has 2000 pitches. The person that has 2000 pitches,if he hit only half of them,while the one with 100 pitches hit all of his.....the one who hit ONLY HALF would still have more success.

It's not always the skill of the person that determines success,it's also the quantity of approaches made that have say in the outcome.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everyone’s experience on OLD is different. Tinder worked well for me in SF Bay Area. And when I travelled to Midwest.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know right away if she is attracted or not. @DEEZEDBRAH has mentioned many times. Its interest or next. Convo contacts or set up on the spot or its next.
You see clearly the whole women now and not in pictures
I'd wish I learned that sooner rather than later. After enough pickup a miniscule amount of women are feminine and submissive from GO! Rollo described her as "hell ya." men need to be more savage with time. Hire slow and fire fast. Rip Doc Love... this is the fellas that first introduced to me that point of view to evaluate her interest ln level. The system is solid and relevant today given most men here and in general want to play house. The most important thing is to gauge compliance and her interest level which coincides. The other thing is that, scenarios like false accusation are avoided with a video and high interest. Fellas should archive smashing.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Since the topic of OLD has come up again, and to avoid opening a new thread, what are people's experiences with different apps?

I've been using Tinder, Bumble and recently signed up for Hinge.
Bumble has been giving me more matches for a while, and to my surprise Hinge seems to be giving even more numbers (but no dates yet).
Tinder has more hotties in the 18-22 age range, but I've no success there so far. I guess they are the ones that get an extreme overabundance of matches (and maybe their age settings are also lower).

Bumble/Hinge have more numbers of girls in their late 20s/early 30s, usually educated with a career etc. I seem to be performing better in that demographic, which kinda makes sense given my background.

I also wonder what the men/women ratio is in these various apps.

P.S.: I know OLD is in general trash, but I have to give it a shot due to COVID, and because I have recently moved to a metropolitan area in the US.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TBI, I dated females in northern Jersey and lower CT (Stamford/Bridgeport/Greenwich), didn't have much of a problem. More interest from the females in the city, but the cost benefit analysis stopped working as they raised tolls, fares and cost of drinks. So, for the last few years, I've stayed in NJ, lower Hudson Valley, NY and lower Fairfield County areas. Plus, I am not keen on a lot of traffic. I hate city traffic, and for me, p ussy, or the possibility of p ussy wasn't worth the cost of admission to the City of New York. Though, for a quick meet, when I was in NYC, the app went nuts in interest. It's crazy. A lot of interest in Queens and Brooklyn too. Way too far for me.
I have similar experiences I’m in North/Central New Jersey. Long Island and Connecticut are too impractical.. and I’ve gotten poon in Philadelphia quite often but the drive gets old so it’s for booty only. I’d prefer a woman in NJ or Manhattan. The metro area is gigantic here. Perfect for online dating. I got poon in the Poconos a couple times as well.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
So how do you tell a guy like this to lower his standards? Look at these beasts that have rejected him! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

NFN, but he looks like a turtle and is dress whack. That tat on his chest is really weird too. He also oozes insecurity. Though, he's about the same level or lower with those females. Depends if they are single moms or not.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
I have similar experiences I’m in North/Central New Jersey. Long Island and Connecticut are too impractical.. and I’ve gotten poon in Philadelphia quite often but the drive gets old so it’s for booty only. I’d prefer a woman in NJ or Manhattan. The metro area is gigantic here. Perfect for online dating. I got poon in the Poconos a couple times as well.
I will agree, the females in NYC are much hotter and all wanted to meetup up. I really didn't want to go to the city, it's a long drive and / or metro. Ever since 30 or so, I really did my best to avoid the city for dates. For me, it's not worth the cost. I will also add, some of the females, even though they were attractive to hot, and would come meet me on my side, I didn't really want to hassle with the parking, tolls, time to travel to the city.

Hamurabimbi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know right away if she is attracted or not. @DEEZEDBRAH has mentioned many times. Its interest or next. Convo contacts or set up on the spot or its next.
You see clearly the whole women now and not in pictures
This is the thing. Tinder moves very fast. If a girl meets up with you on Tinder, you already know she is physically attracted to you. So, just don't be weird, and things will escalate. I've found on Tinder dates, girls tend to be very aggressive.