Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Data that proves that OLD is a complete waste of time.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is an article that breaks down the true futility and time waste that is OLD in exhaustive detail. https://towardsdatascience.com/117-days-of-tinder-in-data-755fe9ed853e

TL;DR version: The guy swiped 16,591 times on tinder, got 290 matches and got three dates out of it. This is a 0.018% success rate in just getting a date, let alone there even being a second date.

How much time have you wasted swiping?

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the article and look at the data before you judge too harshly. The guy is not that terrible at it, this is only 4 months worth of data and tinder was not his only source of dates.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd say a small sample size is not really anything to go by but yes I do personally think OLD has gone down the drains but still can be a decent source to pull from depending on your looks, area, timing.

It goes in waves for me generally. I've had true abundance moments on there and true scarcity moments. The two are from my accounts during the pandemic within the last few months. The only way to know is try it and see but if you're not doing everything right(working out, dressing well, good photos, good profile, good texting game, etc), then you can't really fully blame it on the system IMO.

For example, I know I would be a lot more marketable in the south or in California. Not so much around the Midwest region for me personally.

bumble.PNG tinderS.jpg

Chronocidal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
What sample size, or perhaps more accurately time-series length, is considered suitable for this sort of analysis?

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you’re a good looking fellow in a major or semi-major metropolitan area you can absolutely have success with OLD. Will you get matches with everyone you swipe right on? Of course not. But you can certainly have success as far as getting dates. Where OLD gets borderline useless is if you’re in a predominantly rural area. Then you haven’t got much to choose from and may end up driving a long ways for a decent date.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
For representative analysis the ideal sample size would be the history of a large number of users. This is where success by region or other factors could be broken out.

The real problem though is how much time are guys using up playing hot-or-not on OLD (the average is 90 minutes a day) when they could be using that time to improve themselves or hit on women in real life.

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The real problem though is how much time are guys using up playing hot-or-not on OLD (the average is 90 minutes a day) when they could be using that time to improve themselves or hit on women in real life.
I have a family and 3 kids, full time job, hobby, friends, and 3 plates. I can't afford to waste a lot of time on it.

5-10 min swiping and 5-20min texting per day. I will only text to build up comfort to get them out to meet up. This is what I advocate all guys do or else they are just feeding these attention *****s with stupid and unnecessary convos most of the time.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Kotaix

I read through the article. One of the important things is to look at his age, general area and what his physical appearance is like. He says he is 22, so there will be many women around his age who are single and he is well within the dating age range for many. He lives in an area with approximately 1 million people and he stated that he was decent looking, so not like he's massively overweight, etc.

I'm not terribly surprised by any of this and I feel this is pretty normal. Let's say he is a 6 or 7, so decent looking but still otherwise relatively normal. A man like this isn't going to stand out because there isn't really anything unique about him, as there are also tons of other men who are normal-above average. There is nothing wrong with him, it's just that these women have tons of options that are as good or even better than he is.

I know of one individual who does well with tinder, it took me a while to figure out why this was the case but this is what I came to. He is an above average man but nothing outlandish, I'd personally rate him a 7. He is tall and attractive facially but average fit, so it looks like he is active but isn't very fit, for instance he can only do like 3 or 4 chin ups. However, this is what I feel is the reason for his success. He is mixed race, black+white+hispanic, and that is something that is very unusual in the area we live in. Combine this with the fact that he dresses, speaks and projects an image of being more like a white man it is something that just isn't that common to see. I've met several of the women he has connected with through those dating apps, I'd honestly consider them pretty average from what I've seen.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
You can find success on Tinder or any swipe app, all you have to do is throw your standards out the window and settle for a girl well below your SMV.

It's a much better ROI if you hit the gym,find a good job,start investing,get a new wardrobe of clothes and start meeting women in the real world.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
that's literally the best OLD market in the entire country. Virtually all of the posters that brag about OLD success are from there. I have friends that would have 1-2 year droughts In the West and Midwest go to NYC for a month just to date from OLD.
Don't hate the toad, hate the game.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that's literally the best OLD market in the entire country. Virtually all of the posters that brag about OLD success are from there. I have friends that would have 1-2 year droughts In the West and Midwest go to NYC for a month just to date from OLD.
The big Sun Belt cities are bad for swipe apps. NYC is better, though even in NYC you'd be better off doing cold approaches. NYC is one of the better dating metros in the US.

even the dates themselves are a waste of time compared to women you meet irl.
Most swipe app sourced dates aren't even worth the time and effort it takes to show up.

If you’re a good looking fellow in a major or semi-major metropolitan area you can absolutely have success with OLD. Will you get matches with everyone you swipe right on? Of course not. But you can certainly have success as far as getting dates. Where OLD gets borderline useless is if you’re in a predominantly rural area. Then you haven’t got much to choose from and may end up driving a long ways for a decent date.
It is better to do swipe apps in large metros than smaller ones because you need to burn through a lot of swipes to get something to happen. Large metros have the volume to do that.

Aeterna

Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to be pro dating apps but now I realize it's all a waste of time. I deleted all my apps from burnout and I won't be back on them for some time.

You're basically spending hours swiping, texting, and dating average women for a 10 second orgasm.

P.S. I live in NYC too

Attachments

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Read the article and look at the data before you judge too harshly. The guy is not that terrible at it, this is only 4 months worth of data and tinder was not his only source of dates.
Yes he is terrible at it but Chads dont get it.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is better to do swipe apps in large metros than smaller ones because you need to burn through a lot of swipes to get something to happen. Large metros have the volume to do that.
I don’t disagree with you. This is purely anecdotal - but I’ve had success with OLD and I live in a small city. Now I won’t for second argue that it’s better than IRL. It’s also true that in the dating market I’m in - which is much more limited, 95% of the chicks you wouldn’t even touch. But it can be used to supplement what you already get with one or two decent matches. Despite what others are saying here I spend maybe 5 mins maximum per day “swiping”. It’s not that big an investment.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD works if you are top looking and live in a decent area or if you are decent looking and live in a top area.

Awfully most of us live in crappy area when it comes of the sexual and relational market.

A 3 hours place plenty of times moved me from a no match area to a one night stands one...and Im still the same so is my profile.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
OLD works if you are top looking and live in a decent area or if you are decent looking and live in a top area.

Awfully most of us live in crappy area when it comes of the sexual and relational market.

A 3 hours place plenty of times moved me from a no match area to a one night stands one...and Im still the same so is my profile.
The problem is volume my friend. Move to the big city. OLD is killer out here