Darling, You were wondeful tonight.

thelittleprince

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to start a thread where we identify songs we hear on the radio, Internet and in our cars etc etc which identify with, support and project some of the feminine primacicy societal constructs identified in the rational male.

TThese ideas are unhelpful to men who would like to live a life based on reality, and a life where they put themselves first and are the best use possible to society.

I beleive it is vitally important for men to be able to spot unhelpful social conditioning programmes which implement crazy belief patterns which cause cognitive dissonance and let's say.......... ****ed up relationships.

I'm going to nominate Eric Clapton and his Wonderful Tonight song.

The reason I'm nominating this song is for:

Man's idealisation of a woman's love

Here are the lyrics:

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me, Do I look all right?
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight
We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me
And then she asks me, Do you feel all right?
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"
I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you
It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight

I'd say this is TT - Total Trope.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you ought to lighten up and enjoy art for art's sake. Not everything in the world is an instructional manual on how to handle women.

A large portion of popular music contains lyrics we would consider "beta." Most of these male performers get more a$$ in a month than we do in a year. But every song tells a story, they're not gospel.

And actually, I don't think Wonderful Tonight is all that bad. Clapton wrote it about his wife while he was waiting for her to get ready to go out. Every man has been in that situation and it tests our patience. Then at the party she asks if he feels all right. Later when he's drunk she drives them both home and helps him to bed. In other words she's pulling some weight and not being a selfish bytch. I'd say it's more about his appreciation of her than idealization, although the lyrics are clearly romantic and meant to stir the hearts of female fans.

A

AJ84

I'd like to start a thread where we identify songs we hear on the radio, Internet and in our cars etc etc which identify with, support and project some of the feminine primacicy societal constructs identified in the rational male.

TThese ideas are unhelpful to men who would like to live a life based on reality, and a life where they put themselves first and are the best use possible to society.

I beleive it is vitally important for men to be able to spot unhelpful social conditioning programmes which implement crazy belief patterns which cause cognitive dissonance and let's say.......... ****ed up relationships.

I'm going to nominate Eric Clapton and his Wonderful Tonight song.

The reason I'm nominating this song is for:

Man's idealisation of a woman's love

Here are the lyrics:

It's late in the evening; she's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make-up and brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me, Do I look all right?
And I say, "Yes, you look wonderful tonight
We go to a party and everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady that's walking around with me
And then she asks me, Do you feel all right?
And I say, "Yes, I feel wonderful tonight"
I feel wonderful because I see
The love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize how much I love you
It's time to go home now and I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys and she helps me to bed
And then I tell her, as I turn out the light
I say, "My darling, you were wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you were wonderful tonight

I'd say this is TT - Total Trope.
Why don’t you visit a radical feminist website for ideas on how they have been able to spot unhelpful social conditioning programmes which implement crazy belief patterns which cause cognitive dissonance and let's say.......... ****ed up relationships. This is actually the kind of stuff they do, after all, looking for signs of oppression and sexism in every aspect of life, rather than actually living it.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not seeing the issue with those lyrics. I can find songs that are much worse.

thelittleprince

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why don’t you visit a radical feminist website for ideas on how they have been able to spot unhelpful social conditioning programmes which implement crazy belief patterns which cause cognitive dissonance and let's say.......... ****ed up relationships. This is actually the kind of stuff they do, after all, looking for signs of oppression and sexism in every aspect of life, rather than actually living it.
I don't understand your reply.

thelittleprince

Don Juan
Reaction score
C
I think you ought to lighten up and enjoy art for art's sake. Not everything in the world is an instructional manual on how to handle women.

A large portion of popular music contains lyrics we would consider "beta." Most of these male performers get more a$$ in a month than we do in a year. But every song tells a story, they're not gospel.

And actually, I don't think Wonderful Tonight is all that bad. Clapton wrote it about his wife while he was waiting for her to get ready to go out. Every man has been in that situation and it tests our patience. Then at the party she asks if he feels all right. Later when he's drunk she drives them both home and helps him to bed. In other words she's pulling some weight and not being a selfish bytch. I'd say it's more about his appreciation of her than idealization, although the lyrics are clearly romantic and meant to stir the hearts of female fans.
Clapton is a Beta. Actually, I'd say he's a woman with a beard and a guitar.

A

AJ84

I don't understand your reply.
Do you know the Christmas song, Baby it’s cold outside? Radical feminists complained that it was a song about sexual assault. They always find things like this and try to say it’s about oppression, sexism, patriarchy agenda etc etc.

These radical feminists spend their time looking for ways to complain and oppose anything that doesn’t fit into their self serving agenda. Ever spend anytime interacting with them? I have, unfortunately, because I live in a city where there are a lot of them and it’s impossible to completely avoid them esp if a few are your co-workers. I’m also a female so they think it’s ok to lay their crap on me because they assume I agree with them.

I don’t. they’re annoying, have a one track mind and you can’t argue against it, they won’t accept any other perspective that challenges their self serving views, and will accuse you of being oppressive if you don’t agree with them. Normal people try to avoid them.

Try not to be the male version of that, because the only thing it will contribute to is your own unpopularity with people.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That song was written for Clapton's wife Pattie, formerly Pattie Harrison, formerly Pattie Boyd. He also wrote Layla and Bell Bottom Blues for her, and the Beatles song Something was also written for her. She's kind of like the face that launched a thousand ships. She was a genuinely attractive woman in her younger days.

It's a fairly famous story how George Harrison met her on the set of A Hard Day's Night, and later married her. Eric Clapton ended up falling in love with her, and apparently George was not that upset about it. At that point, he felt that the relationship had run its course, and remained close friends with Eric, although Pattie was angry that he didn't fight for her. Clapton's drinking led to their divorce. Neither of her famous husbands were faithful to her, big stars that they were.

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Then go ahead and one up me
Shawn Mendes "Treat You Better"
Cause I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted cryin'
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better

Better than he can, oh oh

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Shawn Mendes "Treat You Better"
Cause I know I can treat you better
Than he can
And any girl like you deserves a gentleman
Tell me why are we wasting time
On all your wasted cryin'
When you should be with me instead
I know I can treat you better

Better than he can, oh oh
Though, I hear he's fvcking Camila Cabello. Lucky S.O.B.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What bout today?
Depends on who they are. Generally speaking, rock musicians are not as big or as famous as they were back in the 60s and 70s. Rock as a musical form isn't the mainstream dominant force that it was then. Pretty much it has run its course. It's splintered in a dozen (or more) different directions for one thing. So it's harder for the up and comers to get really big. A lot of the old acts are still lauded, Elton John has been knighted for example. I doubt if he's getting much "pvssy" though lol.

Back then people had expensive component home stereos because they wanted to hear their music in the highest fidelity possible. Now people listen to music on their phones.