"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Dancing

DA KID

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Age
38
I went to my first party in a while a few days back. I then realized I'm not that good at dancing. I'm okay at grinding but after that I can't really dance we were having dance off and people breaking dancing were killing me. I was wonder where I can learn to dance better. I want get better at grinding,slow dancing and like breakdaning. What should I do thx for the help
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

undesputable

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
1,365
Reaction score
0
Location
who cares
i have the same problem....ive been meaning to find a place for dance lessons....

chicks, espcially the party type really dig good dancers, so better hurry up finding a place to learn.
 

DA KID

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Yea I really want to learn how to dance better. cause at first I was really dancing like i was nerous than after a while i started feeling the music and the vibe more and got into dancing better but I want to get better at dancing
 

DA KID

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
183
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Thx for the link. I don't want to breakdance didn't realize what break dancing was. I really want to pop,lock and glide and anything else thats top hot along those lines
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

paraguayandj

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
232
Reaction score
0
www.bustamove.com you guys should learn how to dance salsa, cause is one of the best to get chicks
 

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
624
Reaction score
1
Location
New York City, USA
DDR is not dancing! The only three things its good for are fun, cardio excercise, and learning to hear the beat. None of the "moves" you learn in that game can come in handy on the dance floor =D

Anyways, http://www.bboy.org has a forums section about popping/locking. Another good site is http://www.mrwiggleshiphop.net , there are videos and things but I haven't really looked into it that much. The best place to learn, however, is at either hip-hop dance clubs (clubs as in groups of people, not buildings) where veteran dancers can teach you the basics, or regular old dance studios, where you can learn most of the same moves at a higher price. Both popping and locking are awesome to watch, so best of luck to you in learning a style.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

The Golden Leaf

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Age
37
http://www.bboy.org ahhhh... I used to go there

You can go to a dance-studio... they teach hip-hop.

I've never heard of someone learning to pop-lock. I thought anyone could do it. :confused:

Anyway. If you want to learn, hip-hop is not the best. I recommend tango and the swing.

There a lot more fun and you get better less "sl u ty women"

Don't get me wrong. I love to dance to hip-hop, and I had some tight moves(prior to jumping out a three-story window and compressing two vertbra :( )

If you want to learn, go to a dance studio for some lessons, As long as your not doing ballet your not gonna look gay, there's tons of HOT women who go, Practically NO competition, women like it cause it shows you got guts, women think male dancers are the sexiest, as long as you can resist wearing a pink tutu
 

Puppetpopper333

New Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
dementia is right, if u really want to try popping download soulseek and the videos from the people there will help u with ur moves. they helped my popping a lot...also if u ask some of the users in the room POPPING, they will sometimes give u feedback if u have n-e questions or problems
 

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
May 7, 2004
Messages
422
Reaction score
0
Location
Vienna, VA
I would learn pop&lock and/or bboying if you want a good dance to impress people by showing off. HOWEVER being able to dance more sophisticated dances IE: Salsa, Swing, Waltz is a big plus with the ladies.

For bboying:
www.Bboyworld.com
www.Bboy.org
For pop and lock there is either bboy.org or reflexive.net, which is a liquidpop site but much of liquid has pop and lock elements.

Just do whatever appeals to you, and what you think will be the most fun.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

DJ Supra

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 18, 2004
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
if you wanna learn how to pop/lock .... slide.... and a bunch of other **** i strongly recommend Mr.Wiggles !

www.mrwiggleshiphop.net

I bought 3 of his movies and i practiced them like 30 min. a day and holy **** ! it helps so much you wouldn't even believe it.
 

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 29, 2004
Messages
3,282
Reaction score
49
Location
Baltimore, MD
I want to learn to dance too.

I always wanted to learn salsa, swing, and a whole bunch of others although I don't care for club dancing.

EDIT: This is the 48th thousandth post:) this is a moment that i will remember for the next 5 minutes and then forget about:D
 
Top