Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Dancing for Dummies: From the Ground Up

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo peoplez.

As of late, I’m spending way more time in bars and nightclubs. I think it’s a really big advantage to know how to dance. I’ve just never bothered to learn, and it’s kind of a hinderance. I realize that dancing is a skill just like anything else: and it can be learned.

I just don’t know where to… actually start lol. I’m beginning on YouTube. That helped a bit. The goal is just to be able to dance to any song in the club, and feel comfortable.

Wanted to get some suggestions from you all as well on how I can go from complete noob to competent dancer.

I know having this skill is really powerful. Heck, I think it says that in the DJ Bible itself.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing is a mandatory skill for men. Find a teacher where ever you are not hard to find. Since you are just getting started you really don't have to worry about if they are really good or not. But if you keep this up you'll need to find better instructors. You really don't need too many lessons to be passable. Expect to pay between $12-15 an hour.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat OP, and at least so far in my opinion, dancing is not something I have a talent for. I just try to avoid it.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing is a mandatory skill for men. Find a teacher where ever you are not hard to find. Since you are just getting started you really don't have to worry about if they are really good or not. But if you keep this up you'll need to find better instructors. You really don't need too many lessons to be passable. Expect to pay between $12-15 an hour.
I’d definitely agree that it’s a mandatory skill. Good way to put it. You can find yourself in some serious trouble if you aren’t able to dance.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat OP, and at least so far in my opinion, dancing is not something I have a talent for. I just try to avoid it.
Unfortunately I think that’s pretty hard to do. These types of situations keep coming up over and over again in life.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick if I remember rightly you’re black, do you not have rhythm? Start with a two step, catch the beat, practice being loose and naturally in the mirror playing music. Set your phone up in the corner and record yourself.

I learned to dance in my early teens - I used to stress about dancing in school discos and **** so my mum showed me at 14/15. She taught me level changes, how to incorporate hips, arms to cut shapes.

Dancing well takes confidence, practice and lots of experience, but mainly the confidence to express yourself. Learn to shuffle/cut shapes to house/tech music and consider yourself a pro.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I'm drunk at a club I just sorta grind on them and sway around a bit, maybe spin them.

Learning how to dance just for women is pointless. In fact doing anything for women is pointless. If you don't like dancing, don't do it. I think it's retarded.

BadWatermelon

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's overrated. If you're good looking and good at sex, it's not going to matter that much.
A few years back (before smartphones), someone told me the fastest way to clear a dance floor was to point a camera at it.

LucianoM

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I learned in highschool going to house parties weird that your researching how to dance lol.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to go to a big country bar in a large metro area. This place was always stacked with the hottest girls. I quickly realized that if I learned to dance the more women I could get. So I took a few lessons.

Ended up having so much fun that I didn't care if I got numbers or not. But you knew right away when the chemistry was right on the dance floor, those girls were always down for giving out their number.

The best night ever was when a bunch of car show models showed up and I danced with every single one.

The craziest nite was when my buddy and I both scored girls that didn't know each other. We end up at one of the girls houses. By her pool laid her bikini top from when she laid out that afternoon. I swear she planted it there and had plans to bring a guy home that nite. I have this girls pants unbuttoned while my buddy is getting a blow job. I tell her I want to get in her bed. That's when she tells me she has a husband.....and there are cameras so we would have to stay out of the view of the cameras. Lol, I got the hell outta Dodge.

Getting girls thru dancing was far more productive than any dating app.

A friend of mine would do latin dancing and always did well there too.

CoandaEffect

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo peoplez.

As of late, I’m spending way more time in bars and nightclubs. I think it’s a really big advantage to know how to dance. I’ve just never bothered to learn, and it’s kind of a hinderance. I realize that dancing is a skill just like anything else: and it can be learned.

I just don’t know where to… actually start lol. I’m beginning on YouTube. That helped a bit. The goal is just to be able to dance to any song in the club, and feel comfortable.

Wanted to get some suggestions from you all as well on how I can go from complete noob to competent dancer.

I know having this skill is really powerful. Heck, I think it says that in the DJ Bible itself.
Dancing is very important and something that we should all learn to do. Like everything else some people just have a natural talent for it and some of us don’t.

If you struggle with it then just take lessons. I don’t think it matters what style of dance it is. Just google dance lessons in your area and sign up. I was in my fifties when I first took lessons and I wish I had done it at your age.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dance skills are a way that you can get women, but not the only way. While women in general are better at dancing than men naturally, not all women are talented dancers.

Being good at something that women can relate to will help with getting women. Women can relate to sports for instance. If you have a good physique and are good at some sort of sport (not necessarily a pro athlete but a weekend warrior type), that can attract women. If you're tall, that's a huge advantage. Money is an advantage. Rumors about you being well endowed also help.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I would put dancing skills in the same category as fashion (i.e. dressing well). It's good to have; there's no downside to it, but it's not a silver bullet. (All that aside, practicing your moves in front of a mirror is very, very helpful.)

A Chad/Tyrone that only rocks back and forth will still typically do better in the club than an average looking guy with superior dancing skills.

Last edited:

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dancing is just something that men do to look like there not just there to get laid and that women do to revel in male attention.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nick if I remember rightly you’re black, do you not have rhythm? Start with a two step, catch the beat, practice being loose and naturally in the mirror playing music. Set your phone up in the corner and record yourself.

I learned to dance in my early teens - I used to stress about dancing in school discos and **** so my mum showed me at 14/15. She taught me level changes, how to incorporate hips, arms to cut shapes.

Dancing well takes confidence, practice and lots of experience, but mainly the confidence to express yourself. Learn to shuffle/cut shapes to house/tech music and consider yourself a pro.
That’s correct. I am black. I’ve been blessed with many things, but natural rhythm was not one of them unfortunately lol.

Recording yourself and getting in front of the mirror, to club music is a great idea. I did that some a while back and it helped a bit. I noticed a slight difference.

Confidence for sure. Imo, the confidence would come from the practice. Shuffling is a lot of fun. You see people doing it in the States too at places like Ultra Music Festival.

Last edited:

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I learned in highschool going to house parties weird that your researching how to dance lol.
Well I went to the house parties too… never said I could dance at them :lol:

I’d like to fix that.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to go to a big country bar in a large metro area. This place was always stacked with the hottest girls. I quickly realized that if I learned to dance the more women I could get. So I took a few lessons.

Ended up having so much fun that I didn't care if I got numbers or not. But you knew right away when the chemistry was right on the dance floor, those girls were always down for giving out their number.

The best night ever was when a bunch of car show models showed up and I danced with every single one.

The craziest nite was when my buddy and I both scored girls that didn't know each other. We end up at one of the girls houses. By her pool laid her bikini top from when she laid out that afternoon. I swear she planted it there and had plans to bring a guy home that nite. I have this girls pants unbuttoned while my buddy is getting a blow job. I tell her I want to get in her bed. That's when she tells me she has a husband.....and there are cameras so we would have to stay out of the view of the cameras. Lol, I got the hell outta Dodge.

Getting girls thru dancing was far more productive than any dating app.

A friend of mine would do latin dancing and always did well there too.
That’s an awesome story man. It’s just a good skill to have. I have interest in swing/salsa dancing and Latin Dancing as well. They most definitely have classes for those too.

Taking a girl to a salsa class is a really cool action date too. One of my wings did that for a date. And then he cooked for her after.