Damn the V Shape

nan3109

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the V shape... very badly! Not in a good way at all. I have a 28" waist and a 42" chest (it was measured by a professional for a suit, no errors) and my legs look small too because my chest/shoulder/arms are so big in comparison. Should I just not work my arms and upper body at all and only work my legs because when I switch and use heavy weight low reps for my lower body and lighter weight higher reps for upper body to even it out , I still look the same.

MotoXXX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nan, keep your same upper body routine, just work your legs heavier. In my experience [this is me, you may be different] I didnt work my legs and started to look disproportionate, so I started working my legs but kept my same upper body routine, and my legs grew drastically, in fact my upper body grew quicker too. I read some where that your legs release a type of growth hormone when they are worked, true? I dont know but I do know that I made drastic gains after I incorporated a leg routine into my workout.

spukee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MotoXXX
I read some where that your legs release a type of growth hormone when they are worked, true? I dont know but I do know that I made drastic gains after I incorporated a leg routine into my workout.
damn... heh if you could find where you read that I'd be intersted in checking it out. I HATE working my legs, and just can't seem to get into it for some reason. That could be a hell of a motivator if it's true though.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
my legs are great! its all from cycling, but dont sit on your bike and think your going to get lots of leg muscles, its not a very effective way! Cyclings my hobbie, the only reason i got a lot of leg muscles is because of many hours of intense cycling every week!

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
spukee, it is true, deads and squats are the single most important exercises for overall body growth...you can read it up in every good bodybuilding forum

spukee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Double
spukee, it is true, deads and squats are the single most important exercises for overall body growth...you can read it up in every good bodybuilding forum
Well, I guess I can't do much to argue that - may as well suck it up then. I've been gaining a lot in my torso anyway, so improving the legs wouldn't be a bad idea anyway.

Now back to your regularly scheduled topic... :D