Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Calling people out on predictions, which were made to shill their investments at the expense of others, is not “policing”.

Getting in at 3-4K at best you would need to invest 50,000 to get seven figures. If people were wealthy or risk tolerant enough to sink 50K into a speculative asset, credit to them.

People have done exactly the same recently and are sat on huge losses. On the encouragement of crypto bros.

If you want the thread to be a circle jerk, go right ahead. Just don’t say I didn’t warn you.
That is exactly what is considered policing. Your posts come across more as gloating than trying to be informative. No actual value was provided. Relying on short price action to confirm your narrative you will always be behind curve and have mediocre returns. If you actually understand this asset class, price is one of the least important metrics long term. There are a few right and many wrong ways to approach getting exposure. I have never promoted anything more than a measured responsible approach, keep it a small percentage of net worth and to stick primarily with BTC & ETH.

There are plenty of landmines in this space as well people who have no clue what they are doing. Bitcoin and the rest of crypto are two completely separate types of investments. I have many friends who have put in well over 50k including myself as well as some less. Point being everyone who has been involved several years has done very well. Many life changing well.

You said it was a tragedy anyone involved in this space. Just pointing out how incorrect you are and know many people have generated very high life altering returns. For people coming into tail end and went all in on small caps and meme coins, yeah they are screwed. You obviously do not have an understanding of the space but appreciate the warning. What that is I'm being warned about, not sure.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are only a couple that I would be willing to sit in for the long term. Most coins get one hype cycle then disappear in the bear market. It is like trying to thread a needle catching those price pumps. I think you have a solid plan, I have been building large cash position for a while too. If we get a large deflationary period, which I think is very likely, no assets will be safe.
Agreed. At this stage cash position ready to ape in. Mostly focused on blue chips. I keep learning and willing to change my thesis at any point it's proven wrong.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Fruitbat @Bible_Belt
Just to make a point, here is a DCA calc at 1yr, 3yr and 5yrs for $100week. Even if they started a year ago when the market were near the peak, they would only be down - 4.87%, 3yr +175%, 5yr +395%. All that is required to do well over time is be consistent, have patience and don't chase the overnight 1000x meme coins. Most new participants chase pumps and don't buy when they market is down. DCA for most people takes that issue away.

https://dcabtc.com?sd=2021-05-22&sda=1_year&f=weekly&d=1_year&ac=10000&c=false

https://dcabtc.com?sd=2019-05-22&sda=3_years&f=weekly&d=3_years&ac=10000&c=false

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Fruitbat @Bible_Belt
Just to make a point, here is a DCA calc at 1yr, 3yr and 5yrs for $100week. Even if they started a year ago when the market were near the peak, they would only be down - 4.87%, 3yr +175%, 5yr +395%. All that is required to do well over time is be consistent, have patience and don't chase the overnight 1000x meme coins. Most new participants chase pumps and don't buy when they market is down. DCA for most people takes that issue away.

https://dcabtc.com?sd=2019-05-22&sda=3_years&f=weekly&d=3_years&ac=10000&c=false

25 years ago as a stockbroker I was taught to pitch dollar cost averaging to the clients to whom we had just sold some piece of sh1t stock that had inevitably gone down. If you have ever seen the old movie Boiler Room, I worked in one of those places. DCA wasn't much different than the other canned pitches. "You have to ask your wife? Who wears the pants in your family?" was my favorite.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
25 years ago as a stockbroker I was taught to pitch dollar cost averaging to the clients to whom we had just sold some piece of sh1t stock that had inevitably gone down. If you have ever seen the old movie Boiler Room, I worked in one of those places. DCA wasn't much different than the other canned pitches. "You have to ask your wife? Who wears the pants in your family?" was my favorite.
Almost every high net worth investor who is actually successful recommends dollar cost averaging in and out of positions. Otherwise you are basically trying to be a trader and time markets. Very few people can time tops and bottoms. Especially on a high volatility asset, it smooths out the price movements. Not sure what point you are trying to make comparing it to penny stocks. 99% of people should be dollar cost averaging. it just needs to be in the right assets. Just because your friend used it as part of his scam doesn't mean it isn't the right approach.

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Right now is prime buying time for good fundamental microcaps only that are literally at the very bottom. Because the reall good ones will survive this current bear cycle and easily X10 to even X500 plus in value once the market starts rebounding.

Don't buy ANYTHING right now above a 100 million marketcap....i don't care how good fundamentally it is. Only buy 3 mil usd and lower promising microcaps. I literally got rich doing this in 2018 through 2019 and then selling them...some for insane gains ...during the latest bullmarket. One was telcoin for example. Another was VRA. Both were great fundamentally but were dirt cheap in early 2019.

Only suckers invest in big caps that other people have already made fortunes on. And the bigger they are the harder they fall. Look at the recent Luna situation for example.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Right now is prime buying time for good fundamental microcaps only that are literally at the very bottom. Because the reall good ones will survive this current bear cycle and easily X10 to even X500 plus in value once the market starts rebounding.

Don't buy ANYTHING right now above a 100 million marketcap....i don't care how good fundamentally it is. Only buy 3 mil usd and lower promising microcaps. I literally got rich doing this in 2018 through 2019 and then selling them...some for insane gains ...during the latest bullmarket. One was telcoin for example. Another was VRA. Both were great fundamentally but were dirt cheap in early 2019.

Only suckers invest in big caps that other people have already made fortunes on. And the bigger they are the harder they fall. Look at the recent Luna situation for example.
Be careful...just cause an alt went down 90% doesn't mean it can't go down another 90% from here.

There is nothing looking left in the charts to suggest this is a bottom.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Be careful...just cause an alt went down 90% doesn't mean it can't go down another 90% from here.

If we follow previous patterns, we won't bottom out until the fall/winter. Don't think there is a rush to buy anything right now

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah that's why i only mess with tiny microcaps. They are already essentially at the bottom. I even buy sub 1 million dollar marketcap projects that i think have some potential. Some end up being complete scams while some make me huge Xs.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen I'll admit I'm down right now owning both BTC and ETH but I think it comes down to whether you believe in the viability of these cryptos... Amazon was crap for a long time in the early going but what the company was doing made sense for the future.. Look at it now... I think the same of crypto so now is probably a good time to load up (within reason of course)

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Listen I'll admit I'm down right now owning both BTC and ETH but I think it comes down to whether you believe in the viability of these cryptos... Amazon was crap for a long time in the early going but what the company was doing made sense for the future.. Look at it now... I think the same of crypto so now is probably a good time to load up (within reason of course)
Most people first get into crypto during a bull market, the price action is always what draws people in initially. This is also not the best time to get in because there is usually some correction on the way after a large run up. Most people do not first enter in a bear market, just the psychology of it. If you believe in the asset long term, the bear market is when you set yourself up for future gains during the next bull run. I came in june of 2017 btc was round 2k, eth 300. I went up a bunch of money, then at the lowest was down around 50% of my cost basis end of 2018. I also spent 18/19/20 accumulating and really learning about this space. The only people who stuck around were the ones who really understood it, got rid of a lot of noise. Just keep learning, don't fomo into anything and slowly accumulate the legit projects. No rush right now

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people first get into crypto during a bull market, the price action is always what draws people in initially. This is also not the best time to get in because there is usually some correction on the way after a large run up. Most people do not first enter in a bear market, just the psychology of it. If you believe in the asset long term, the bear market is when you set yourself up for future gains during the next bull run. I came in june of 2017 btc was round 2k, eth 300. I went up a bunch of money, then at the lowest was down around 50% of my cost basis end of 2018. I also spent 18/19/20 accumulating and really learning about this space. The only people who stuck around were the ones who really understood it, got rid of a lot of noise. Just keep learning, don't fomo into anything and slowly accumulate the legit projects. No rush right now
Do you see the currency itself being mainstream globally one day?

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score

This mentality is only smart during a bull market, you shouldn't be touching microcaps with a 50 foot totem pole during this sort of market.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Fruitbat @Bible_Belt

That's fire. Consistent DCA is solid. I can't time bottom or top. I can approximate it. I'm still heavily in a cash position. More then I'd like BUT given the landscape and war, I don't know what's expect.

Nice share.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I buy 20k or so of this at these all time lows? It's gotten rebound at some point right...
I bought some, just taking it slow though. A lot of leverage is getting washed out and few big funds are blowing up. Can certainly drop more but personally like this area to start some small buys. If it gets into the teens will ramp it up

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Should I buy 20k or so of this at these all time lows? It's gotten rebound at some point right...
This guy puts out some really well thought out material on current market conditions, he just posted this. He has been an OG in the space for a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.