Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So as a software engineer I am exceptionally adept at recognizing patterns and see clear patterns with crypto that I believe can be exploited for easy gains on a near daily basis(ie invest when it is near a low point and wait til later in the day and trade it in for 2K profit for instance).

I am especially kicking myself because after a ton of research my guy instinct was telling me to put big money into Cardano. It was around 1.35 at the time. It hit 2.50. I would have made almost 20K within 8 days. Really pissed I didn't go for it even tho everything was telling me to do it.

Making a promise to myself right now to never go against my instincts again with the realization that there will be ups and downs but that I will likely have many more hits than misses based on my ability to see patterns and my strategy.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have learned not to be hard on myself... I was excited when I sold my 40 ethereum coins for 280 dollars in 2017 .... same with xrp... took a massive profit at .65..... tons of could have.. should have after the fact with crypto !

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Well, I trusted my gut and did my first trade with Skale when it hit .49 yesterday and then sold a little over 3 hours later at .59 and made almost $1700 after fees...I could get used to this. Woke up and saw it got to .64...noticed most of the peaks are between 6am and 7:30am where I am at...need to be mindful of that.

Irritated that I chose coinbase as my app which apparently sucks ass, charges higher fees and now the profits from that trade are stuck in limbo for 10 days...WTF?

Thinking of switching to Kraken Pro...seems they only have a 3 day hold and I can do limit orders which is what I really want to do so it will sell at that price point even if I am sleeping

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Damn...learning quickly in this...bought MANA over the weekend at what was it's low point in the last 7 days at 1.17 and it promptly cratered to 1.01...

Was going to sell around 1.27 and make a quick $1200, it gets back up to 1.266 at 2am last night and I missed it because I was sleeping. Fvck!!

Going to switch to coinbase Pro...way way lower fees and has stop/limit options so this never happens to me again.

Learning, but not happy I missed out on my sell point...will probably get there again sometime today but fvck that pisses me off haha

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn...learning quickly in this...bought MANA over the weekend at what was it's low point in the last 7 days at 1.17 and it promptly cratered to 1.01...

Was going to sell around 1.27 and make a quick $1200, it gets back up to 1.266 at 2am last night and I missed it because I was sleeping. Fvck!!

Going to switch to coinbase Pro...way way lower fees and has stop/limit options so this never happens to me again.

Learning, but not happy I missed out on my sell point...will probably get there again sometime today but fvck that pisses me off haha
I know that feeling. After making few mistakes I forced myself to be little bit more patient. You won't buy at the lowest and won't sell at the highest. Sometimes you just miss a good window. I buy and lean back. If I'm into a specific crypto and plan to hold, I try to cost average.

I bought cardano at 0,20€ and bite my ass, that I didn't buy more at around 1€... I thought it would just dump back few cents.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I know that feeling. After making few mistakes I forced myself to be little bit more patient. You won't buy at the lowest and won't sell at the highest. Sometimes you just miss a good window. I buy and lean back. If I'm into a specific crypto and plan to hold, I try to cost average.

I bought cardano at 0,20€ and bite my ass, that I didn't buy more at around 1€... I thought it would just dump back few cents.
So is there anyway to avoid having your funds held for like 11 days after you complete a crypto trade where they are unavailable to use again?

Makes it hard to really make a killing starting out when you can only make a few trades before you are stuck waiting on funds to be available.

I could easily be making 500-2000 dollars a day if not for this crap.

Bigpapa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So is there anyway to avoid having your funds held for like 11 days after you complete a crypto trade where they are unavailable to use again?

Makes it hard to really make a killing starting out when you can only make a few trades before you are stuck waiting on funds to be available.

I think that this happens due to liquidity problems that crypto exchanges face

basically it is just with a bank , if everyone would withdraw the money , the money will have enough liquidity to only honor a dozen of them

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thoughts on DOGE? hahaha I put $150 at it and just seeing where it goes over the next few months.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Thoughts on DOGE? hahaha I put $150 at it and just seeing where it goes over the next few months.
Personally I think the way to make a lot of money on Crypto is to use the volatility to your advantage. Basically it has all the ups and downs the stock market has in a year in a day and a half.

No reason you can't make 300-2000 dollars every day with enough of an investment(say 10K). My friend is big into it and he has 2 friends that have basically retired from their jobs and do this all day and he says more or less do what I am doing but with more money since they built up their bankroll...so when they do it, they are making like 2-5K a day.

Long holding things is good if you pick the right one...and sometimes that is really hard to figure out when they are worth .30...

Polygon(MATIC) is a pretty good long bet I think from everything I read.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I'm trading on european exchanges, I use coinbase only for buying LINK. I've never had locked funds, I can buy and sell/swap instantly.

Perhaps it's what @Bigpapa mentioned, but it could be a locked wallet, too. On binance you can lock and unlock your wallets.

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's fast, cheap, exists for eight years now. But it's also highly inflationary - I think there are around 10.000 coins made per minute with an infinite supply, so it's unable to hold any value. It's just a meme coin and hyped for no reason imo. Development stagnated around 2017 and was resurrected only because of it's surging price.

I bought some but sold and won't buy anymore.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's fast, cheap, exists for eight years now. But it's also highly inflationary - I think there are around 10.000 coins made per minute with an infinite supply, so it's unable to hold any value. It's just a meme coin and hyped for no reason imo. Development stagnated around 2017 and was resurrected only because of it's surging price.

I snapped up 25K shares of Skale when the market crashed yesterday at .27, which is about half price from where it was. Will make a killing in a few days or maybe a week when it rebounds

xplt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I snapped up 25K shares of Skale when the market crashed yesterday at .27, which is about half price from where it was. Will make a killing in a few days or maybe a week when it rebounds
I haven't heard of Skale. You mean SKL? I'll take a look

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
I haven't heard of Skale. You mean SKL? I'll take a look
Yes...it was my first trade and it typically has enough swings where you can make a good profit...my goal is to make 300-2K per day and buying low priced ones with volatility makes it relatively easy...wait til it goes up 5 to 10 cents and then sell it...rinse and repeat.

TheNewStyle123

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yeah I threw some money at it and plan on selling if it goes above what I bought it for again.

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bitcoin maximalist here. When Corona hit last year and the politicians and central-banksters started talking about stimulating I sold all my stock and started looking for a save haven for my money. Of course gold and bitcoin came to mind.

I moved my lives saving into BTC (April 2020) after I found PlanB's work on his stock to model, and made an absolute killing. His model has been bizarrely accurate. He hypothesizes the BTC bull-runs are initiated by the 4-year halving events, which half the supply of newly mined bitcoin, creating a shortage and driving the price upwards in the months after the event.

Visualized here: https://stats.buybitcoinworldwide.com/stock-to-flow/
Per halving cycle: https://stats.buybitcoinworldwide.com/cycle-low-multiple/
Read (especially his medium articles) / watch more of his work here: https://100trillionusd.github.io/

Poonstra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
that's why we hodl

Status
Not open for further replies.