Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A buddy of mine is now joining a lawsuit against robin hood. Apparently they dont actually execute your trades, they just tell you they did. He had several options positions that ran so far into the money, robin hood just deleted them and pretended they never existed. He turned 1k into 30k and got nothing from them.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
A buddy of mine is now joining a lawsuit against robin hood. Apparently they dont actually execute your trades, they just tell you they did. He had several options positions that ran so far into the money, robin hood just deleted them and pretended they never existed. He turned 1k into 30k and got nothing from them.
That's why you don't trade crypto on those type of exchanges.

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are not a reliable medium for trading, lets just remember when they prevented traders to operate only cause the kids from wsb decided to long game stop and amc with the purpose of squeezing the shorts from certain banks.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only way to do it reponsibly is to set a stop loss on the upward movement but this usually means your losses will compound , shorting is risky in normal markets let alone crypto markets which are completely illogical

Market can stay irrational longer than most retail shooters can stay solvent
It's a little different in crypto, your collateral gets liquidated when you get too far out of range, unless you put up more collateral your position gets closed out. The higher the leverage the less room you have for percentage moves.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It is an indicator that is showing the EMA 26 versus the EMA 12. If it is above 0 and the lines cross positive it is bullish. If it is under 0 and the lines cross negative it is bearish. Under 0 and crossing positive is a weak bullish sign in a larger bearish downtrend, same as a negative cross above 0...weak bearish trend in a larger bullish uptrend.

Usually look for volume confirmation as well. True moves are usually marked by large volume spikes. These are easily identified as vector candles when using the Traders Reality indicator.
From an AM background thats a weird definition of MACD.

Macaulay duration is the time taken for the present value of cash flows to equal the current price. Modified duration simplifies this to a prediction of price movements given a change in interest rate .

EMAs don’t usually relate to things like MACD, but crypto is another beast.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a little different in crypto, your collateral gets liquidated when you get too far out of range, unless you put up more collateral your position gets closed out. The higher the leverage the less room you have for percentage moves.
that’s called a margin surely?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
From an AM background thats a weird definition of MACD.

Macaulay duration is the time taken for the present value of cash flows to equal the current price. Modified duration simplifies this to a prediction of price movements given a change in interest rate .

EMAs don’t usually relate to things like MACD, but crypto is another beast.
That's not what MACD stands for. It's Moving Average Convergence/Divergence

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not really that hard, you'd probably pick it up after 2 or 3 trades....most important thing is setting a stop loss
So say at some point I though we were going to be in a long term downtrend. Would it make sense to open a short and leave it open, with no or minimal leverage for an extended period, say 6months? Or would the funding rate be too costly and eat up the returns

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
So say at some point I though we were going to be in a long term downtrend. Would it make sense to open a short and leave it open, with no or minimal leverage for an extended period, say 6months? Or would the funding rate be too costly and eat up the returns
Well...you could do that, but it might make more sense to close it on upticks and then reopen it on small bounces

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not well. Market is on the verge of a crash so unless the news is amazing I expect it follows through. I expect the big moves to be made ahead of it tho, Monday and Tuesday.
It's why I think DCAing is the play. I've been watching on the sidelines. No clue what the play is. Definitely not a 2022 I intended BUT dry powder is on the side ready. Let's go!

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Can't time the exact top or bottom but you can get in the ballpark pretty easily following what I just posted. At least for local top/bottoms, which is all I need to make a lot of money trading perpetual future contracts. Just did it again with $ATOM at a local top. 3 straight long wicks on the 4HR chart that didn't progress price further = price drop incoming. Shorted at around $33.50, now around $31.50 and dropping. Currently about 4K in profit on my short and it should continue to go down.

Starting to believe that holding no real tokens and just trading contracts is the smarter play. Not tied to anything, can be fluid and play both sides of the market with no real worries.
Sol is getting raped and eth is Takinga pounding buy that sweet bounce is on with 2.0. Seems like btc is the safest play especially if not moving out short term.

The psychology is insane. You got to be nutty weathering the storm. I can stomach the crash. Not my 1st rodeo. It's shorting and playing with leverage that I won't **** with. You seem to be crushing it. Good on you. Are there anything you are looking to scoop? Everything is on discount.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Sol is getting raped and eth is Takinga pounding buy that sweet bounce is on with 2.0. Seems like btc is the safest play especially if not moving out short term.

The psychology is insane. You got to be nutty weathering the storm. I can stomach the crash. Not my 1st rodeo. It's shorting and playing with leverage that I won't **** with. You seem to be crushing it. Good on you. Are there anything you are looking to scoop? Everything is on discount.
Honestly starting to feel like just trading contracts is the move. No worries about wallets getting hacked, crypto getting stolen, etc...

No ties to any crypto, makes me more fluid.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly starting to feel like just trading contracts is the move. No worries about wallets getting hacked, crypto getting stolen, etc...

No ties to any crypto, makes me more fluid.
It's kind of scary. Even crypto.com got hacked and finally admitted it. I like the idea of being my own financial custodian. The future is dangerous with super computers and quantum computing.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's why I think DCAing is the play. I've been watching on the sidelines. No clue what the play is. Definitely not a 2022 I intended BUT dry powder is on the side ready. Let's go!
You got the right idea. I have seen the majority of people have the most success with this strategy, very few have the skill and emotional discipline to beat it. Key being to keep it on when it feels like its going to zero.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got the right idea. I have seen the majority of people have the most success with this strategy, very few have the skill and emotional discipline to beat it. Key being to keep it on when it feels like its going to zero.
I got in sooner than some people BUT I had no ****ing clue what I was doing nor could I articulate why there's intrinsic and monetary value. I just knew I had stumbled upon something great. Imagine if we dumped a significant portion of our biz profits and or other savings on btc? Obviously easy to say when hindsight vision is 20/20. Still learning boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.