Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Crypto trading

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you mean you expect it to fall parallel with the stock market?

Well I think it depends on if this currency/technology has a future... Tesla was high and low and one point when electric cars weren't forcasted to be significant and that market has certainly grown. Same with Amazon when Brick and Mortar shops ran everything.. it has done great in the post years..

So if crypto itself can be a game changer couldn't it grow huge also at some point?
My personal belief in btc long term has not changed, the value is in being the most secure decentralized payment network ever created. The value is in the integrity, set rules and amount of participants. Everything could get rough for a while, there aren't really too many places to hide out other than USD, even that is just trying to time the short term. 99% of the other coins are most likely completely worthless, there will be a few winners but that is anyones best guess. Eth is probably one of the safer alt coin plays. All assets values right now are really based on when the fed pivots, I imagine that will not be until something catastrophically breaks. When that is, nobody knows. Will most likely take some time for this recession/depression to play out. Just make sure you are positioned accordingly. Took a long time after the dot com bust for the winners to recover, just make sure you are prepared for that. Right now I am mainly btc/eth, physical precious metals and a large cash position. I have some real estate and my business too but those aren't very liquid. Just make sure you are positioned to ride out a tough stretch and have minimal debt. There will most likely be generational buying opportunities in multiple asset classes if you have the dry powder.

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My personal belief in btc long term has not changed, the value is in being the most secure decentralized payment network ever created.
So far .....

The central banks are well under way creating the next one with their little gov coins

That will be the end of deregulated crypto unforutnatley

I think its becoming quite evident that leaders and CB's are intentionally bankrupting fiat

This is blindingly obvious in the UK i think we could be the first major economy to collapse things are starting to get really rocky here

Most markets still in a state of complete delusion / confusion take your pick

Bingo-Player

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I think it depends on if this currency/technology has a future... Tesla was high and low and one point when electric cars weren't forcasted to be significant and that market has certainly grown. Same with Amazon when Brick and Mortar shops ran everything.. it has done great in the post years..

So if crypto itself can be a game changer couldn't it grow huge also at some point?

You can't compare crypto to tesla or amazon or bricks and mortar shops because it's an unproductive asset that offers little to no value to an economy

Just ask poor El salvador who were used as puppets although i'd guess the president was paid a lot to push that agenda through but again its the people that will take the hammering from the governments actions

Read for FREE!

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't compare crypto to tesla or amazon or bricks and mortar shops because it's an unproductive asset that offers little to no value to an economy

Just ask poor El salvador who were used as puppets although i'd guess the president was paid a lot to push that agenda through but again its the people that will take the hammering from the governments actions
Actually there are a lot of similarities to those companies, all of them are networks that have exponential growth and have followed Metcalfe's law. All these tech networks have or are in the process of disrupting the industry they are in. El salvador has also benefited in a number of ways, one having their remittance fees cut down to almost zero running payments on the bitcoin rails which also includes USD. This has significantly added to the GDP. It has also a attracted a lot of outside investment and tourism.
So far .....

The central banks are well under way creating the next one with their little gov coins

That will be the end of deregulated crypto unforutnatley

I think its becoming quite evident that leaders and CB's are intentionally bankrupting fiat

This is blindingly obvious in the UK i think we could be the first major economy to collapse things are starting to get really rocky here

Most markets still in a state of complete delusion / confusion take your pick
Yes, regulation is coming, most of the other cryptos will get wiped out or adapt. It will also provide greater clarity which will bring in larger institutional investment.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason regulation hasn't arrived already is that the early crypto players at the top of the pyramid made huge sums of money and used a lot of it to purchase politicians, especially those with seats on a banking and finance committee.

Robin Hood/Citadel followed the same model. Good luck complaining to your elected rep about one of their biggest donors.

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason regulation hasn't arrived already is that the early crypto players at the top of the pyramid made huge sums of money and used a lot of it to purchase politicians, especially those with seats on a banking and finance committee.

Robin Hood/Citadel followed the same model. Good luck complaining to your elected rep about one of their biggest donors.
I'm sure that may be part of the reason as well as other variables. There are a lot of different dynamics at play and if regulation isn't done correctly, it could drive innovation and the capital it generates to other areas. Being a hub for this next tech wave will create a lot of tax revenue. Bitcoin already has clarity in the most important aspects. It is going to be treated as a commodity and been ruled personal property. It is just computer code and the cat is out of the bag about the idea. It is far too entrenched with powerful people and corporations with a vested interest in protecting it. Its properties also make it near impossible to eradicate globally.

The rest of crypto is a completely different story and carries significantly more regulatory risk. It is up to the individual if they think there is a good risk/reward profile in the future.

Read for FREE!

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Read for FREE!

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Money laundering on a massive scale by our benevolent global elites
In size, FTX has to be one of the largest fraud/scams ever. A lot of connections coming out, with his political connections so quickly has to be some kind of plant.

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In size, FTX has to be one of the largest fraud/scams ever. A lot of connections coming out, with his political connections so quickly has to be some kind of plant.
Will BTC and ETH be ok?

BillyPilgrim

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To be fair, his head is a chia pet. Lots of people going to be losing their eyesight over that sex tape.

Read for FREE!

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Will BTC and ETH be ok?
Long term I strongly believe it will, in the short term anything could happen with price, a lot of outside variables. BTC carries considerably less risk than Eth in my opinion. BTC is for the most part a finished product on the base layer and does not have any competitors. ETH is constantly evolving and we have no idea if it can work at scale, It has and will have constant competitors vying for market share. I'm slowly starting to buy btc again and have open buy orders every 500 down to 10k.

VirtuousD

Don Juan
Reaction score
We (almost) back boys, just 2 months after the biggest ****fests in history. This speaks volumes about how much crypto could take off after the wild west element of it eventually wears off and the macro environment is positive .

jaygreenb

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We (almost) back boys, just 2 months after the biggest ****fests in history. This speaks volumes about how much crypto could take off after the wild west element of it eventually wears off and the macro environment is positive .
Things have held up surprisingly well considering the amount of catastrophic things that happened last year. Still some big questions marks sitting out there like what happens with digital currency group but nice seeing some green days. No clue what will happen in the short to medium term

Read for FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.