Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creeping weight gain

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
This is nonsense. His problem as is always the case with someone carrying fat in their midsection, was insulin resistance. You don't need to go on a Keto diet to fix that.

He likely was making poor food choices relative to fixing his insulting resistance issue. The type of carb matters. If you eat high glycemic carbs and expect to lose weight, especially with an insulin resistance problem, you aren't going to be successful.

The real problem was he simply didn't understand the reason he was too heavy(outside of eating too much), and as such, solving problems without knowing what the problem actually is not usually very successful without a ton of trial and error.

There is no such thing as "I can't lose weight". Only that many people don't understand how the body works so their attempts to lose weight outside of cutting calories are poor at best.
I am no expert but this quote is probably close to the truth. Losing weight is a science.

A doctor friend that specializes in guiding people on ketogenic diets for weight loss told me if the person is not slimming down it is usually because they do periodic (or even daily) carb binges and they will hide it from the doctor.

I am only learning myself and the ketogenic diet has not yet slimmed down my belly fat which is my goal.

Learning a lot about insulin resistance and dietary guidelines is probably the key to stubborn weight loss.

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
A common error people make when beginning ketogenic diets is they do not have the right portions. They eat way too much protein, which is the Atkins diet.

For several months I thought my diet was low carb/ high fat, but recently I did better research and learned my ratios were way off with the carbohydrate/protein/fat.

Now that my ratios were adjusted I feel much better and less hungry. If I do feel hungry I just add more fats to the meals. I drink more water too.

If you over eat and get strong hunger cravings, try having more fats and the hunger should improve.

It took me a good deal of additional research to learn how to calibrate the ketogenic diet correctly.

One of my firsts errors was eating too much protein. In my meals now I aim for protein about the size of the palm of my hand. Before that I would eat 2-3 times that amount of protein and wondered why I was often tired and hungry.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Keto is extreme and not a healthy long term diet. Keto may get you weight loss but it will fvck up your lipid panel. Human body does not do well on a high fat subsistence eating pattern.

Whole food, plant based diet is the way to go. Vegetables, fruit, nuts, whole grains, and legumes. Load up and eat to your hearts content.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Keto is extreme and not a healthy long term diet. Keto may get you weight loss but it will fvck up your lipid panel. Human body does not do well on a high fat subsistence eating pattern.

Whole food, plant based diet is the way to go. Vegetables, fruit, nuts, whole grains, and legumes. Load up and eat to your hearts content.
As long as you aren't including wheat in there. The type of wheat today causes serious chronic low grade inflammation in pretty much everyone due to the changes made from GMO. Literally can't even find the real wheat that grew naturally anymore. Not even sure if it exists

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you aren't including wheat in there. The type of wheat today causes serious chronic low grade inflammation in pretty much everyone due to the changes made from GMO. Literally can't even find the real wheat that grew naturally anymore. Not even sure if it exists
You can find the wheat plant in ethnic grocery stores.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
You can find the wheat plant in ethnic grocery stores.
Who is going to plant enough to grow their own tho?

I see you can also buy it online...it's called Einkorn or Virgin Wheat...incredibly expensive tho.

Last edited:

2rings

Banned
Reaction score

For insulin dependent (Type 1) diabetics, the LCHF or ketogenic diet plans are wise choices to experience.

The underlying reason for weight gain is insulin resistance. The more insulin in the body the more fat accumulates. Also the higher a persons blood sugar levels the harder it is to lose weight. Even if you are not diabetic the same problem applies to anyone else as far as (fat) weight loss goes.

And I think you guys are discussing something called ancient grains and that includes wheat.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
For insulin dependent (Type 1) diabetics, the LCHF or ketogenic diet plans are wise choices to experience.

The underlying reason for weight gain is insulin resistance. The more insulin in the body the more fat accumulates. Also the higher a persons blood sugar levels the harder it is to lose weight. Even if you are not diabetic the same problem applies to anyone else as far as (fat) weight loss goes.

And I think you guys are discussing something called ancient grains and that includes wheat.
Most people don't have Type 1 diabetes tho.

Keto is unnecessary. The body is capable of burning fat for energy, but it is not the preferred source of fuel nor is it the ideal source of fuel.

Just because you CAN do something doesn't mean you should. At least not on a long term basis.

I mean I could crawl on my hands and knees while out and about to get around...I am capable of moving on all fours. But is it the ideal form of movement for a human? No. It isn't. Humans are made to be bipedal and walk on 2 legs.

Same with your body and where it gets its energy from. Humans are designed to eat carbs. They are needed and necessary for long term health.

Cutting out all carbs because you can't stop yourself from making poor eating decisions and eliminate processed foods, refined sugars and higher glycemic carbs is basically like cutting off your nose to spite your face. There are tons of quality choices of carbs that are good for you and you can lose weight just as easily on.

Eventually people on Keto will go back to eating carbs. You pretty much have to, your body will force you to at some point. And good luck with that. I've seen more people balloon like a they were inflated with helium when they go back to eating carbs off keto than I can count.

Carb cycling has basically all of the benefits of keto with none of the drawbacks.

Last edited:

2rings

Banned
Reaction score
I am a Type 1 Diabetic and it was only a few years ago when I was diagnosed. It is a hard disease to deal with but I have learned it becomes a thousand times easier to manage with a low carbohydrate diet.

i have also water fasted for up to 7 days. It’s usually met with a bunch of complaints and warnings from other people but wow those 7 days were the closet thing to paradise blood sugar wise, it was almost like not being diabetic anymore.

The 7 day fast almost made me wonder if more Type 1’s did that if some of them would have a complete recovery from the disease, even though they claim that there is no cure, the 7 day fast made me wonder.

Each day of my 7 day fast, I reduced my basal insulin dose two units. It went down considerably to more than half of the normal daily dose.