Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine Works

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I love google !!!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=creatine+tendons

Look at all the cool links it came up with :)

There's alot of sites there reporting about problems with tendons and joints linked to creatine.

Seems joint problems with creatine are very real people.

Here's a quite from the naturalbodybuilding website

Problems with creatine

Nobody knows for sure if there will be any side effects in ten or twenty years. Will the body's own creatine synthesis be damaged similar to testosterone when taking steroids? In general, you are in a scientifically unknown area when taking more than 2 grams every day without being off from time to time.
Because water is retained by creatine, this can lead to temporarily higher blood pressure.

Another problem is the sudden increase in strength: Your tendons and joints did not have time to adjust to the new stress level which can lead to higher rate of injuries. The same problem (in a worse scale) has every bodybuilder who takes steroids, because there the strength jumps are quit over human. Be sure to use even stricter form and slower movements while on creatine"
And here's another:

Q. What are some of the side effects?

A. Nausea, stomach upset, dizziness or weakness, loose stools, diarrhea, and weight gain are the most common, and generally occur with dosages greater than 5 grams a day. Muscle cramping is also commonly reported. Sprains and strains can occur when individuals over enthusiastically and rapidly increase their workout regimen before their tendons and ligaments are adapted to the increase in muscle size. Long-term consequences of daily creatine ingestion, especially in high dosages, are currently not known. There is a strong possibility that excess creatine can put stress on the kidneys and liver. Therefore, we strongly discourage the regular, high dose use of creatine. Individuals with kidney diseases should not use creatine.
I like the part that says these sprains and strains occur "individuals over enthusiastically and rapidly increase their workout regimen". Thing is i haven't increased a single pound. I only started taking creatine so i can keep lifting the same weight now that i'm on a cutting diet because of which i sometimes don't have enough strength to lift the same weights as usual.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cestmoi
That sounds likely.

Weather doesn't seem to make a difference. And the only family history i know of is that we're big boned lol (seriosly large frame).

What are tendons and how would i know which ones are which?

Thanks for your help Fred i really appreciate it.
Seeing the other articles you came up with, I guess it has to be something else.

Tendons are what links the muscles to the bones, while ligaments hold your bones together.

"Q: What is the difference between a ligament and a tendon?

A: A tendon is the end of a muscle that attaches a muscle to bone. There is a tendon at each end of a muscle. A ligament is a soft tissue structure that connects a bone to a bone."
-UMC Health, http://www.umc-cares.org/health_info/article.asp?Category=Sports&ArticleID=125

If your tendon is hurt, your muscle will hurt when moving, and will tighten, but if your ligament is messed up, your muscles around it will tighten but not hurt right away, it'll be the articulation which will hurt.

How long has it been since you took a break from training? ..Overtraining might not be the word, but it's possible that somehow you injured your ligaments and/or tendons, and keeping on training on them didn't help. How long has it been since you made good progress? And did you notice any incomfort while working out previous to taking creatine?

You should check http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.com and look for your symptoms for more info, and if nothing works while you're on your own, go see a physiotherapist or your doc.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head

How long has it been since you took a break from training? ..Overtraining might not be the word, but it's possible that somehow you injured your ligaments and/or tendons, and keeping on training on them didn't help. How long has it been since you made good progress? And did you notice any incomfort while working out previous to taking creatine?
1. I never took a break from training.

2. I am constantly making good progress, that is on each training i lift more then the previous time i was excercising that same muscle group.

3. I never experienced incomfort in the 2 years of continous training prior to creatine and roughly some 300 trainings.

In any case thanks for all your help. That link you provided for injuri diagnosis is da bomb and i think from now on it should provide me with all the answers with my issue. I mean it really does the trick.

I am currently not excersing for a whole week (gym is closed). And will see how things go once i start training again on the 10th.

Do i continue loading with creatine daily until then even though i'm not excercising?

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cestmoi, beautiful post. People get too wraped up in "the power of a supplement" to believe it's posible to have drawbacks. For all those who say they don't know anybody who problems when they were on creatine, that's fine, but that argument isn't very strong.

If you're going to take creatine, know that when you stop lifting, or even just lift less, you're probably going to gain fat. Your strength will increase while you're on the supplement. This may lead to injuries. It is unclear if there are any long-term problems that could be associated with creatine.

This is important so people can make an informed decision about whether they want to take the stuff or not. People who say it is the best supplement and argue nothing's wrong with it are hurting themselves and the peole who believe them. In my opinion, I don't think anybody should take the stuff unless they're really skinny and can use another 10+ pounds of fat in the future (when they're off creatine).

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by livin large
If you're going to take creatine, know that when you stop lifting, or even just lift less, you're probably going to gain fat.

In my opinion, I don't think anybody should take the stuff unless they're really skinny and can use another 10+ pounds of fat in the future (when they're off creatine).
What are you talking about???

Going off creatine doesn't make you fat. Eating makes you fat. Gain some knowledge before you make such bizarre claims.

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Typically, you're right. If you come off creatine and you fast for a few weeks while still lifting hard, you may not gain fat.

If you're a normal person, what happens to muscle that's not being used? When you come off creatine, it is IMPOSSIBLE for your body to maintain the level of lifting you are doing when on creatine. THIS IS FACT. If you can't maintain the level of lifting, you can't use SOME of the muscle, and THAT WILL TURN TO FAT. I didn't think anybody was stupid enough to argue that point, but I guess I was wrong.

wheelin&dealin, you've proved time and time again that you don't know what you're talking about, and you don't know how to argue a point.

DJ Blass, going back to a post you made a while ago

Supplements or not, your poundage should increase if you eat and train correctly. Making you injury prone.
Wrong. Ligaments can't handle quick increases in strength the way muscles can. That's why supplements make you injury prone. Given proper time, ligaments can handle increases in strength.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by livin large
If you're a normal person, what happens to muscle that's not being used? When you come off creatine, it is IMPOSSIBLE for your body to maintain the level of lifting you are doing when on creatine. THIS IS FACT. If you can't maintain the level of lifting, you can't use SOME of the muscle, and THAT WILL TURN TO FAT. I didn't think anybody was stupid enough to argue that point, but I guess I was wrong.

Ok livin large, read this slowly...

What happens when you go off of creatine is that you lose water that was previously stored in your muscles. YOU DO NOT LOSE MUSCLE and YOUR MUSCLES DO NOT TURN INTO FAT.

BTW, I am still impressed by your reasoning that muscles can turn into fat. Would you mind explaining how this works.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How can muscles turn to fat?

..Does it work like turning lead into gold?

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its simple. You don't like creatine because of this or that. DONT TAKE IT, for that matter, DONT TAKE ANY SUPPLEMENTS.

Also, if you are afraid of getting any type of injury. DONT WORKOUT. Just stay home and do nothing, is that simple.
There are a million things we do/east daily that are no good to our bodies. And what do we do? We keep doing them..(smoking for example) (I dont smoke )

btw cestmoi, yup thats what I said on one of my posts. Its all problems that can happen, does not mean it will happen to everyone that takes creatine. You have to be smart.

JUST ME

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
once and for all ANTI-DUMP was Doc Love

does anyone else not know this? I have both of Doc Love's System's. It is NO DOUBT Anti-Dump.:eek:

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: once and for all ANTI-DUMP was Doc Love

Originally posted by JUST ME
does anyone else not know this? I have both of Doc Love's System's. It is NO DOUBT Anti-Dump.:eek:
Is it JUST ME, but you got the wrong thread ;)

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that Glutamine works for quicker recovery on tendons, ligaments and cartilage too, so would supplementing that in counteract Creatine's negative effect on it?

BMax

Don Juan
Reaction score
eating more calories than you burn will make you gain weight. If you don't tear down muscle & eat lean protein to replace it, the weight you gain will be fat. It is that simple.

As for creatine, I have had good results with it. I put 2 inches on my chest, 1/4 inch on my arms & 1 inch on my thighs in 2 weeks using it (1 teaspoon 3 times a day) and 80 grams daily whey & soy protein in addition to my regular meals.