Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Creatine Works

Reaction score
What's up gentlemen? This is my first post, so bear with me.

DJinArizona, about the Creatine Serum. When creatine is left in a liquid base for a long period of time, more than a week (probably) it becomes a useless by-product, known as Creatinine. The name looks the same, but it is very useless to the body. You wont get kidney stones, but you also wont get large muscles either.

Superman0 - I have recently read that the inflation of muscles via Creatine increases actual muscle mass, not just the amount of water in them. The new muscle mass is metabolically active, and you will burn more calories a day because of this. If you keep the lifting and the creatine up, you should get cut, it'll still take hard work and dedication, just not AS much.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. And thanks for that info :)

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by LadyKillerInTraining
What's up gentlemen? This is my first post, so bear with me.

DJinArizona, about the Creatine Serum. When creatine is left in a liquid base for a long period of time, more than a week (probably) it becomes a useless by-product, known as Creatinine. The name looks the same, but it is very useless to the body. You wont get kidney stones, but you also wont get large muscles either.

Superman0 - I have recently read that the inflation of muscles via Creatine increases actual muscle mass, not just the amount of water in them. The new muscle mass is metabolically active, and you will burn more calories a day because of this. If you keep the lifting and the creatine up, you should get cut, it'll still take hard work and dedication, just not AS much.

I thought Creatine turned useless after as little as 24 hours?

And can you give me the source of your info about creatine increasing muscle mass and cutting? Not that I don't trust you but I'd like to get details.

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Fred Da Head
I thought Creatine turned useless after as little as 24 hours?

Actually is as little as minutes if i am not mistaken. Thats why is important to mix it and drink it (fast). If you leave your creatine mixed for a few minutes it WILL just become useless.

JPerry

Reaction score
Actually I had heart surgery just recently, which led to the decline in my lifing, but that isnt the point.

My diet remained constant before i took the creatine, and is constant now. I always have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, pack my lunch and eat dinner. Thats it. When i started working out i noticed little gain so i went to the powder and i began getting more built. When i stopped taking creatine and weight training, my diet stayed the same, however it all went to my tummy. There might be something im missing, but this is all just an inference. Whey protien is the way to go.

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There are a lot of problems with Creatine. First of all, I wouldn't take it if I was 17 unless you're fully grown. Why risk messing up your growth?

One problem that's not being mentioned is the fact that your ligaments are strained when you lift heavy weights. When you take Creatine, your muscles can handle the additional weight, but your ligaments can't. This is why a lot of professional athletes are not using Creatine anymore - it's just like steroids in that it makes you injury prone.

Maurizio

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm currently 17 years old.

I took creatine pretty seriously when I was 15 - 16 to try and help my cycling performances. I had no problems with it, but wouldn't really recommend it either, I gained maybe 5 pounds but didn't experience much improvement in my lifting -- which is all really high rep stuff: 15 - 20 reps for most exercises. Weight went away when I stopped taking it.

As an athlete competing at an international level I've experimented with a TON of stuff. What I'd reccomend for serious and permanent gains in muscle and strength is a good ZMA (zinc + magnesium), Tribulus Terestris, and Muira Puma stack. It's safe as far as I know: no side effects or development of dependency. I'm still on it, and still seeing benefits.

If you really think that the effects creatine are something you want (it isn't much...), then I don't see why you can't take it at 17 Sonick. But if you're really concerned, a good idea would be to ask a docter or a trainer about it.

- Maurizio

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by livin large
There are a lot of problems with Creatine. First of all, I wouldn't take it if I was 17 unless you're fully grown. Why risk messing up your growth?

One problem that's not being mentioned is the fact that your ligaments are strained when you lift heavy weights. When you take Creatine, your muscles can handle the additional weight, but your ligaments can't. This is why a lot of professional athletes are not using Creatine anymore - it's just like steroids in that it makes you injury prone.

You said there are alot of problems with Creatine. But you only talked about one. Care to share the rest?

BTW, I dont see your connection. You are compering Creatine to Anabolic Steriods. If you ever used Creatine before, you will notice, you wont increase your poundage by much. Sure it DOES help us natural guys, but compares nothing to Steriods.

And also you said Creatine stops growth? That is one of the biggest MYTH with creatine. Is just like saying "Squatting Stops you from growing" is A load of crap.

I would like see some type of legit research supporting your claims.

livin large

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by dj blass
You said there are alot of problems with Creatine. But you only talked about one. Care to share the rest?

BTW, I dont see your connection. You are compering Creatine to Anabolic Steriods. If you ever used Creatine before, you will notice, you wont increase your poundage by much. Sure it DOES help us natural guys, but compares nothing to Steriods.

And also you said Creatine stops growth? That is one of the biggest MYTH with creatine. Is just like saying "Squatting Stops you from growing" is A load of crap.

I would like see some type of legit research supporting your claims.
The other problems have already been addressed on this board. No need for redundancy, is there?

You won't increase your poundage? That's the point of the supplement. You will increase it or you wouldn't take Creatine (unless you're taking it as a cometitive athlete for sprints). See the original post - the guy said he is lifting "way more". The comparison to steroids was simply that supplements that help your body artifically gain strength make you injury prone.

I don't have research, I have my doctor's recommendation to stop using creatine because my elbows couldn't handle the weight I was doing on bench. Do you have any evidence that shows you are no more likely to be injured when using creatine?

I never said Creatine stops your growth. I said why risk it if you are not fully grown. Especially if you're doing heavy lifting, affects on growth are a possibility.

wheelin&dealin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The comparison to steroids was simply that supplements that help your body artifically gain strength make you injury prone.
How are you more injury prone by taking a supplement?

...You aren't. If anything, they prevent injury.

I don't have research, I have my doctor's recommendation to stop using creatine because my elbows couldn't handle the weight I was doing on bench. Do you have any evidence that shows you are no more likely to be injured when using creatine?
...And you didn't have this elbow problem before taking creatine???

You just don't know what you're doing. Don't blame it on a supplement.

sonick182

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just recently tried creatine, im 17...

It just made me feel really... BLAH... my stomach wasn't feelin 'normal', and i just felt BAD

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by wheelin&dealin
How are you more injury prone by taking a supplement?

...You aren't. If anything, they prevent injury.

...And you didn't have this elbow problem before taking creatine???

You just don't know what you're doing. Don't blame it on a supplement.
It's called TOO MUCH MUSCLE, TOO LITTLE JOINT STRENGTH.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Actually i've experienced this since i've started taking creatine 2 weeks ago. My joints hurt all the time now.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothing personal, but your pain might come from bad form when you work out. Everyone I know (IRL) who's taken creatine was fine..

The only person I know who had joint problems because of too much strenght took steroids and screwed up his shoulder.

dj blass

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sure, Supplements role is to give you the extra edge. Along with a healthy diet and good workout routine and the right supplements you'll have that extra edge. But after taking creatine you wont increase your lift by 15lb each workout. I did however increased my forced reps, I was able to do 2-3 more reps with the same weight as lhe week before.

I do agree that supplements like Anabolic Steriods WILL make you injury prone. Why do I agree? Well because when taking steriods these guys gain amazing amount of muscle and strength. They increase their lifts FAST...thats the only connection I see. Besides you cant expect to squat 135lb for the rest of your life and expect to grow those legs. Supplements or not if you have a good routine and well balanced Diet you will increase you lifts no matter what. You just cant expect to lift the same amount of pounds for the rest of your life hoping you wont get joint pains.

See where I am getting at? Supplements or not, your poundage should increase if you eat and train correctly. Making you injury prone.

I know many people that take creatine. No one has ever complained of joint pain, in fact, none have expirienced any known side effects from takin creatine. I once did not drink enough water, and that was a huge mistake. Other then that I really had no joint problems.

you have a solid debate, but useless without proven facts that by taking ceatine you will have joint pain.

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys don't kill me please :)

I am not saying creatine is the reason i'm having joint pain.

It's just that i've been training for 2 years and not once experienced joint pain or felt like my ligaments are about to pop (that painfull). But in the past 3 weeks since i started taking creatine i experience this all the time.

Maybe its a coincidence? I dunno. I am not saying i'm an expert or anythign, but i do beleive i know how to do these excercises right. And that's a reason why the gym owner who's also the instructor sometimes leaves the club to me for hours and lets me instruct newbies.

I'm training with all the same weight as before taking the creatine and my routine is all the same. Yet i am experiencing what i said.

Fred Da Head

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplements, IMHO, don't make you injury prone. As someone else said, increased poundages make you injury prone.

Look at Jean-Pierre Fux (a bodybuilder). He blew both of his knees while working out for a photo shoot. He was squatting 675lbs, which is an ok weight for him. I think that ANYONE, provided they were able to lift the weight, would risk having the same injury were they squatting that much. Also note that Mr Fux was using good form and had spotters.

There's so many things that can go wrong, don't put the weight of injury all on supplements, please.

cestmoi - I'm not a health professional, but it might be just from the increased water in your muscle cells or something such. Ever notice certain weather affecting the pain? Or do you have a family history of arthritis? ...I think the increased pressure of your water-laden muscles on your ligaments and tendons could be the reason they hurt. Are you sure it's the ligaments and not the tendons? Just shooting in the dark, but I figure everything's possible, right?

cestmoi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

cestmoi - I'm not a health professional, but it might be just from the increased water in your muscle cells or something such.
That sounds likely.

Ever notice certain weather affecting the pain? Or do you have a family history of arthritis? ...I think the increased pressure of your water-laden muscles on your ligaments and tendons could be the reason they hurt.
Weather doesn't seem to make a difference. And the only family history i know of is that we're big boned lol (seriosly large frame).

Are you sure it's the ligaments and not the tendons? Just shooting in the dark, but I figure everything's possible, right?
What are tendons and how would i know which ones are which?

Thanks for your help Fred i really appreciate it.