Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Covid-19 = Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I suspect i may have gotten it, got tested and waiting for results
Dry cough
Shortness of breath at night
You need to isolate urself and follow the protocols set up by ur country's health department.

taiyuu_otoko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's a question (I don't know the answer):

Suppose they enforce a severe lockdown, that ends up stopping the deaths at, say 2 mil worldwide vs. 10 mil world side. Thereby saving 8 mil lives.

But the cost of this is 100 million people lose their jobs, never regain their footing, and 1/4 of them slowly suicide themselves with drugs and alcohol over the next ten years.

Would this "unintended consequence" be worth the initial gains?

How many people need to die, out of sight, out of mind, to save people?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Suppose they enforce a severe lockdown, that ends up stopping the deaths at, say 2 mil worldwide vs. 10 mil world side. Thereby saving 8 mil lives.

But the cost of this is 100 million people lose their jobs, never regain their footing, and 1/4 of them slowly suicide themselves with drugs and alcohol over the next ten years.

That's quite a supposition, 25 million slow suicides as a direct result of a lockdown.

But your point is taken. The people making these decisions are 1 percenters and heads of state who rely on them.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This appears to have some incorrect data regarding smoking deaths. According to the CDC there are about 1,300 a day.

I see. Well it doesn't list smoking specifically, so maybe the deaths attributed to smoking are separated by cause, i.e. lung obstruction, cancer, heart disease, chronic lung disease, etc.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
But wait, that can't be right. On 4/1, the daily fatalities from COVID-19 were 8x higher than influenza! Everyone here has been telling me that this is no deadlier than the flu! It's almost like that 0.1% for the flu vs 1% for COVID-19 is an actual thing...

Kinda puts things in context. Because context, no matter how tenuous, rules. :rolleyes:

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This appears to have some incorrect data regarding smoking deaths. According to the CDC there are about 1,300 a day.

And COVID-19 at 1049 is catching up fast. Kinda puts it in context dontcha think?

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once upon a time, if an AIDS patient caught a cold and died, the death was recorded as resulting from AIDS. The question the quivering, panicking, pubescent public needs to start asking itself -- as it approaches the age of reason -- is how are AIDS deaths being recorded, when the cold the AIDS patient catches is the Wuhan Virus?

Discover the answer to that question, and a whole host of unsettling questions might present themselves to you.
There's nothing unsettling about that. You're right, it's usually described as "complications related to AIDS." The immune system was so weakened by pneumonia or whatever that the person died of pneumonia. And people with weakened immune systems are certainly easy prey for Wuhan.

It always annoys me when someone is said to have died of "old age" or "natural causes." What, I wonder? It had to be something. I understand if they died a long time ago and nobody knew exactly why, but people sometimes today die of "old age." You can't die of old age. Something had to snap or break down.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's called a gimmick. The solution to COVID-19 is social distancing until a vaccine can be conceived. The miracle drug idea is throwing an idea at the wall hoping it will stick. People resort to gimmicks when they are unprepared.
solution?....

you know the "distancing is jsut to not over load the health system yes? a vacine will take too long to be produced in scale enough to get to everyone, even if they had one, but of course you want to stay at home, but the delivery still working, markets working, truck drivers working, you say you want everyone at home, but you sure don't want to stop eating and ahveing energy to power up your computer and other things. then you say but they are critical, but then you are telling me they lifes are less important then your comfort.

Alvafe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The unsettling part is the manipulative selectivity: if the powers that be want the masses to take AIDS more seriously, the death of an AIDS patient is attributed to AIDS. If a new public health threat eclipses AIDS, the death of the AIDS patient is attributed to the Wuhan Virus. What should disturb the public is the dishonest tinkering with the numbers.

In Italy, public health officials have repeatedly stated that only approximately 12% of the deaths officially attributed to the Wuhan Virus are patients who actually died FROM the Wuhan Virus; the other 88% merely died WITH the Wuhan Virus. Yet, those wishing to artificially pad the fatality rate, to whip up public panic, continue to ignore such clarifications.
and that is kinda funny because the whole fear mongering, if it was not the case, people who did get sick would just stay at home and wait till feel better, now with the, even a small cold, or a running nose, people will rush to the hospital, overloading, and then really catching the said killer virus, because one there really had it, if everyone would only go when they really need (like all news are telling people to do, but too late now because of fear) chances are it wouldnt be as bad as it is now

Last edited:

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
The News Media distorts reality, and only idiots blindly trust politicians.
You sound like an expert.

I heard experts can even see an ant's anus at a distance of 7 meters.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Ur lack of trust in ur nations politicians or even towards ur own news media has distorted ur reality.

You're a medical assistant, in the old days we call those men who prescribes panadols in rural areas as Dressers, hardly someone I would call an expert in infectious diseases.

It's akin to a tire shop assistant trying to impress me with how to build engines.

Fauci might be political but it cannot be the entire world's top health officials are politicking this too.

You need to be careful with what you say on here, some of the men here even believes that by not fapping they get super powers, some even believes the earth is flat, the moon landings are a hoax and there's gonna be invasions just because some whack job in the dark web said so.

It's not helpful when ur messages, although it might mean something else is interpreted differently by others - thus instead of practicing social distancing, they go about unknowingly spreading it around.

I never supported this no fap BS by the way. It is actually counter-productive for a male not to release his sperm at least once a week. There are several studies proving that weekly releases from the prostate can less or even avoid prostate cancer.

Well @Spaz, a medical assistant and a physicians assistant are a bit different (educate yourself - https://theemedicalassistants.com/medical-assistant-vs-physician-assistant/); especially in the US. The main difference between a PA and an MD is basically I have a doctor overseeing my work. We can prescribe all meds as well as order surgeries and tests. In addition, my background is in viral diseases and bacteria, and I hold a degree in Infectious Disease Epidemiology. I also worked in infectious diseases within the US military for some time. In addition, my title is chief physicians assistant in the CT hospital network. So, yes, I know something about what I am discussing.

I take this very seriously and while you stay huddled up in your house or apt. I'm in the ER treating patients between Bridgeport and now in Stamford because we're stretched so thin. The majority of cases are false alarms and are clogging up the system so that the people who need the help are unable to receive it. The media has blown this out of proportion and it's one of the reasons why people are in such hysteria. I know you put yourself on SS as a Mr. Know it all about females, business and the world, but please, don't try to belittle my medical comments or suggestions. The amount of decisions I make or made over the past six weeks would make your head spin. From approving medicine, treatment plans, forced isolation, medically induced comas and putting in place protections for other PA's, nurses and other medical staff. Stay in your lane dude. You have zero idea of what you are talking about within this context. Believe what you wish, but I am going through it every single day.

How may lives have you saved or treated in the last 24 hours?

Last edited:

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I've already had the Wuflu, but I'll probably never really know, because I'm not running off to get tested. It's gone; so what's the point? I'm pretty confident that 10s of millions of Americans have already had this, if not more. The real fatality rate will turn out to be M U C H closer to
(if not much lower than) seasonal influenza, but will the fearmongers apologize? Never.
Pretty sure? Show us the test results. We deal with contexts and facts that don't come from journalists around here (if the information from journalists happen to align with facts, then those are to be dismissed ad-hominem).

No test, no facts, in which case you're blowing smoke out your ass.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was pretty clear that I have no intention of getting tested. Why would I? I don't give a f uck what you think. Get over yourself.
Then don't claim you had it and got over it, and (presumably) can therefore disregard social distancing.

For what it's worth, I also have a somewhat tenuous line of reasoning that would indicate that I had a mild case and got over it. But without an antibodies test, I'm not going to stake my claim in either direction.

DelayedGratification

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't state for a certainty. Perhaps you have difficulty with subtlety; so, let me be more direct: If I come down with something with all the symptoms of food poisoning, I'm not going to the hospital, for medical verification, to satisfy weird online skeptics. If I have the symptoms of Wuflu, I'm not waiting for the results of a test I'm never getting. You can shove your aspergers up your a55. "Test results"? Is that what you say when you brother says, "I'm pretty sure I had the flu"? Check yourself, aspy.
Whatever. The double and triple standards around here amazing. As are the walk-backs, the logical fallacies, and the but-what-abouts.

Ironic that you are preaching about subtlety, given your posting history.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
I never supported this no fap BS by the way. It is actually counter-productive for a male not to release his sperm at least once a week. There are several studies proving that weekly releases from the prostate can less or even avoid prostate cancer.

Well @Spaz, a medical assistant and a physicians assistant are a bit different (educate yourself - https://theemedicalassistants.com/medical-assistant-vs-physician-assistant/); especially in the US. The main difference between a PA and an MD is basically I have a doctor overseeing my work. We can prescribe all meds as well as order surgeries and tests. In addition, my background is in viral diseases and bacteria, and I hold a degree in Infectious Disease Epidemiology. I also worked in infectious diseases within the US military for some time. In addition, my title is chief physicians assistant in the CT hospital network. So, yes, I know something about what I am discussing.

I take this very seriously and while you stay huddled up in your house or apt. I'm in the ER treating patients between Bridgeport and now in Stamford because we're stretched so thin. The majority of cases are false alarms and are clogging up the system so that the people who need the help are unable to receive it. The media has blown this out of proportion and it's one of the reasons why people are in such hysteria. I know you put yourself on SS as a Mr. Know it all about females, business and the world, but please, don't try to belittle my medical comments or suggestions. The amount of decisions I make or made over the past six weeks would make your head spin. From approving medicine, treatment plans, forced isolation, medically induced comas and putting in place protections for other PA's, nurses and other medical staff. Stay in your lane dude. You have zero idea of what you are talking about within this context. Believe what you wish, but I am going through it every single day.

How may lives have you saved or treated in the last 24 hours?
I don't even care if you are a professional who flies to the moon and back with just using ur fart as propulsion.

Nor is it pertinent to this topic right here.

My intentions, is to get everyone to adhere to the protocols set up by almost every government on the face of this planet - social distancing.

Meanwhile ur comments are not helpful in that regard, is it?

Like I said, you might be the champion of yada yada yadida of the champions department within ur small world, you still ain't the top expert to infectious diseases, not even within the top 1000 of ur country.

How abt you be a good little boy and pat urself at the back at being champ of ur department that assists doctors and just follow instructions, like you usually do ?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
With a powerful set of binoculars, perhaps.
I'm certain you do.

Don't forget to get ur news on the latest weather through the dark Web, what they call it? 4 chan or something?

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

Since nerds are known to have extremely low levels of EQ and rather slow in that regard, I'll be magnanimous by replying this so that ur fellow nerds here can understand it.

The lockdown is to preempt social collapse.

You see, most of humanity doesn't think logically nor act rationally like how you and the rest of the nerds here think.

They act mostly base on their feelings. Think of a man who actually couldn't afford the latest IPhone and shouldn't buy one but still goes out to buy 1 on credit, preferring to forgo his lunch for a year. Illogical right?

The emotional cost of huge numbers of deaths without some sort of efforts by governments to stymie it will turn fear into mass anger causing social collapse.

Through social collapse, governments too will collapse, economies will be in ruins, riots, mayhem, etc etc. I trust you can picture this in ur mind.

How it will turn out is anyone's guess, but it's likely that a bunch of fanatics will come into power, and with that at play, there would be many unknown variables to put a country down that path.

Which is why despite the economic downturn with a lockdown, governments has some certainty to recover vs social collapse.

A few million deaths to the Chinese is nothing, they can even afford to lose tens of millions, but they can't afford to have hundreds of millions youths on the streets demanding justice for their dead, understand now?

Status
Not open for further replies.