Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Covid-19 = Flu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible_Belt

Banned
Reaction score
I work all over the wards. Currently 12 people with covid.
Covid isn't the problem. It's staff having to self isolate all the time becouse there's no test that counts your covid level. All they can do is detect corona dna, which most people have anyway.
NHS is always desperately short staffed. Now. It's even worse. It's not covid killing people, it's governments response to it.
If we get a case of it outside ICU, all of us on the ward goes into lockdown. Nobody comes in and nobody leaves.
Every time I go into work I wonder if today is the day I don't get to go home.
But I get to go to Tescos before it's open to the public so it's not all bad.
Good luck, man.

Warning!

Do not subscribe to The SoSuave Newsletter unless you are already a chick magnet!

The information in each issue is too powerful for most guys to handle. If you are an ordinary guy, it is not for you. It is meant for the elite few – not the unwashed masses.

If you think you can handle it...

If you already have girls calling you at all hours of the day and night, showing up at your door, throwing themselves at you everywhere you go...

Then sign up below.

But if you're just an average Joe, an ordinary guy, no one special – and wish to continue being so – then skip this. It's too much power for you.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Basically they're deliberately blurring the difference between causation and correlation to come up with huge death tolls to frighten us.
It's basically a novel cold virus, almost imperceptibly mild on the vast majority of the young and healthy, and far from fatal on the majority of everyone else, except the elderly and those with pre-existing respiratory and circulatory issues. The bad news is, because of its novelty, the most vulnerable segment of the population has had no prior exposure, and therefore no immunity, unlike with the 2009 Swine Flu outbreak, which killed 500k worldwide, and primarily the young.

According to latest estimates, this is 3 times more contagious than seasonal influenza, which kills upwards of 65k Americans every year.

The further bad news is that this is being politicized to the point that governors would rather let the the most vulnerable members of their populations die, than to follow the President's treatment advice, which they've dishonestly discredited as "fish tank clearer," rather than the FDA medication that it already is.

stormrider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tested positive for the coronavirus and the symptoms lasted for about a week. A half day of fever, 1 night of chest burning, and 1 day of labored breathing. That was pretty much it. But I found out it wasn't even the rona virus that caused labored breathing. It was anxiety. A dose of antibiotics made me feel a little better. But then the labored breathing came back, but without any other symptoms. I thought it was weird so I asked a friend for a xanax and suddenly the labored breathing completely dissapeared. It's possible that people who suffer from panic attacks have succumbed to this virus without ever being given a xanax. Which is pretty sad. Imagine the anxiety a person feels from having the coronavirus, and then having a panic attack and being unable to breath and doctors have no idea what to treat.

I've read stories about how some patients were on their very last breath and their families had to beg the hospital for hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin and eventually the hospital succumbed to the request and the patient could breath again. What if it was just a bacterial infection and doctors were so mystified by the novel coronavirus that they ignore the basic symptoms? Can an antiviral medication really make you suddenly able to breath in 15 minutes? Or was it the azithromycin? Or both?

I've also read stories about cardiac doctors refusing to treat coronavirus patients only for them to die from heart attacks. Eventually they realize that a virus can trigger a person's immune system to develop an inflammatory response and people with pre-existing heart conditions are prone to heart attacks. Shouldn't the doctors have known this already from other viruses?

It's like so many doctors are so mystified by this virus that they forget to treat the symptoms that basic flu viruses often cause - Secondary bacterial infections, heart attacks, and even panic attacks that mimic heart attacks.

From my experience, the difference between coronavirus and the flu was the intense fever. I felt my body's capacity reach 99%. My heart started racing and it felt like it was about to jump out of my chest. And then there was the burning sensation in my chest. But it lasted exactly two days and I was completely normal again after that. That's the only difference in my experience between the flu and the rona. It hits you hard. I could practically feel my body saying "Oh sh1t, we haven't seen this one before." But that was the only thing novel about it.

Last edited:

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The further bad news is that this is being politicized to the point that governors would rather let the the most vulnerable members of their populations die, than to follow the President's treatment advice, which they've dishonestly discredited as "fish tank clearer," rather than the FDA medication that it already is.
^^^ Another lie. Don't spread misinformation.

The good news regarding COVID-19 is the U.S. growth curve is showing early signs of flattening. New cases will continue pop up each day but the rate of growth is slowing, especially in the metro NYC area. The social distancing is helping.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The good news regarding COVID-19 is the U.S. growth curve is showing early signs of flattening. New cases will continue pop up each day but the rate of growth is slowing, especially in the metro NYC area. The social distancing is helping.
Where's the lie?

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

The obvious meaning of that is that it's much milder, and much more widespread than predicted. I'd frankly be surprised if a third of the country hasn't already had this. Now, the governors need to stop politicking, and let the President cure the critically ill.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lie:

The further bad news is that this is being politicized to the point that governors would rather let the the most vulnerable members of their populations die, than to follow the President's treatment advice
Anti-malaria drugs are not clinically approved treatment for COVID-19.

The obvious meaning of that is that it's much milder, and much more widespread than predicted. I'd frankly be surprised if a third of the country hasn't already had this. Now, the governors need to stop politicking, and let the President cure the critically ill.
Keep trying to re-write a false narrative. The curve is starting to flatten due to social distancing. The disease is still spreading, albeit less aggressively than its trajectory last week.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Anti-malaria drugs are not approved treatment for COVID-19.

Keep trying to re-write a false narrative.
The false narrative I'm attempting to correct is the one YOU'RE spreading.

Do you EVER get tired of being wrong? Take off the hate goggles, and you'll see more clearly.

stormrider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree with this. If there was such a thing as coronavirus betting, I would bet that millions are already infected. If The U.S. made it easy to get tested instead of only accepting high risk patients and people who are on their last breath, I bet the death rates would go down.

If you only allow the dying to get tested, then obviously the death rates are skewed to make the rona virus look like the apocalypse. This is just common sense.

In South Korea, their numbers look impressive and people are wondering what they are doing right that the U.S. isn't doing. Well for one, they don't require you to be near death. They test people with mild symptoms as well. And in the end, their stats came out looking like the flu virus.

Read the 22 Rules for Massive Success with Women. Everything you need to know to become a huge success with women. And it's free!

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would agree with this. If there was such a thing as coronavirus betting, I would bet that millions are already infected. If The U.S. made it easy to get tested instead of only accepting high risk patients and people who are on their last breath, I bet the death rates would go down.

If you only allow the dying to get tested, then obviously the death rates are skewed to make the rona virus look like the apocalypse. This is just common sense.

In South Korea, their numbers look impressive and people are wondering what they are doing right that the U.S. isn't doing. Well for one, they don't require you to be near death. They test people with mild symptoms as well. And in the end, their stats came out looking like the flu virus.
If it were Left up to the Gaslight Media(and its allies), only the dead would be tested.

stormrider

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it were Left up to the Gaslight Media(and its allies), only the dead would be tested.
They are stalling and hiding behind "This is a novel virus". It's like a once in a lifetime opportunity for the mainstream media to drum up their agendas. It's like early Christmas for the MSM (and their allies).

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They are stalling and hiding behind "This is a novel virus". It's like a once in a lifetime opportunity for the mainstream media to drum up their agendas. It's like early Christmas for the MSM (and their allies).
Looks like the President was right, again, and that the medical supplies his administration has been sending to NY are being stolen and resold on the black market. I wonder what DeBlasio knew about this, and when he knew it?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The flak over that malaria drug disgusts me. Trump mentioned it, in a speech, like "Our doctors our looking at different treatments, here's one that shows potential". And people wanted to attack him, so they started saying the drug was useless so they could blame him for promoting it. Then Trump's people doubled down on it, and it became a political thing. Seriously, who gives a sh!t? It either works or it doesn't, so use it or don't accordingly. It's not like the president is out there prescribing the stuff.

The country should be pulling together to get through this, but all people want to do is point fingers.

I tested positive for the coronavirus and the symptoms lasted for about a week.
When did you get tested, after you were sick? Glad you got better. You're fairly young, at my age it would probably hit me a lot harder.
You make a good point about anxiety. It's hard enough being sick with a flu, I'm sure it's worse when you start wondering if you're going to die or not. And stress impairs the immune system.

And in the end, their stats came out looking like the flu virus.
It's worse than the flu. South Korea did a lot of testing, so their numbers are pretty good. Their death rate was a little over 1%. The death rate for flu is around 0.1%.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you EVER get tired of being wrong? Take off the hate goggles, and you'll see more clearly.
I am correct. You are wrong. Your source even says I'm correct.

The Food and Drug Administration on Sunday issued an emergency use authorization for hydroxychloroquine and chloroquine, decades-old malaria drugs championed by President Donald Trump for coronavirus treatment despite scant evidence. The agency allowed for the drugs to be "donated to the Strategic National Stockpile to be distributed and prescribed by doctors to hospitalized teen and adult patients with COVID-19, as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible,"
President Donald Trump’s all-out push to advance unproven coronavirus treatments is deepening a divide between the White House and career health officials, who are being pulled away from other potential projects to address the president’s hunch that decades-old malaria medicines can be coronavirus cures.
President Donald Trump’s excitement about decades-old anti-malarial drugs to treat the coronavirus has touched off widespread interest in the medications, hoarding by some doctors, new clinical trials on the fly and desperation among patients who take them for other conditions. Many experts say there isn’t enough evidence that the drugs work for the coronavirus, but at least a few say there’s little to lose in giving hydroxychloroquine to patients who are severely ill with coronavirus.
Notice how @ShePays altered the content of my post:

Anti-malaria drugs are not clinically approved treatment for COVID-19.
Anti-malaria drugs are not approved treatment for COVID-19.
Stop the lies.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The flak over that malaria drug disgusts me. Trump mentioned it, in a speech, like "Our doctors our looking at different treatments, here's one that shows potential". And people wanted to attack him, so they started saying the drug was useless so they could blame him for promoting it. Then Trump's people doubled down on it, and it became a political thing. Seriously, who gives a sh!t? It either works or it doesn't, so use it or don't accordingly. It's not like the president is out there prescribing the stuff.

The country should be pulling together to get through this, but all people want to do is point fingers.

When did you get tested, after you were sick? Glad you got better. You're fairly young, at my age it would probably hit me a lot harder.
You make a good point about anxiety. It's hard enough being sick with a flu, I'm sure it's worse when you start wondering if you're going to die or not. And stress impairs the immune system.

It's worse than the flu. South Korea did a lot of testing, so their numbers are pretty good. Their death rate was a little over 1%. The death rate for flu is around 0.1%.
I think the concern among health professionals and politicians not friendly to Trump is more about if these drugs become widely used to treat coronavirus and are marginally successful or unsuccessful that they would take the supply from patients who use them for other conditions. An anology would be like if they started using anti-viral HIV drugs, and HIV positive folks wouldn't be able purchase them.

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And
I think the concern among health professionals and politicians not friendly to Trump is more about if these drugs become widely used to treat coronavirus and are marginally successful or unsuccessful that they would take the supply from patients who use them for other conditions. An anology would be like if they started using anti-viral HIV drugs, and HIV positive folks wouldn't be able purchase them.
What's truly amazing is how much you claim to care about all the people dying, and how you've estimated the death toll to reach into the millions, in the US alone. Yet, when there's an FDA approved opportunity to save lives, you suddenly aren't interested. Why is that? Every year fewer people die of malaria, worldwide, than died in the 2009 Swine Flu outbreak that you don't seem to give a shiit about. Even if saving the millions of people who'll inevitably die of Kung Flu, in the US alone, according to you, did mean that a few malaria patients didn't get their medication, wouldn't it be with it, Doc? Your compassion is a fraud. You're just praying for a high bodycount. SMH.

The medication is cheap and plentiful, and off-label prescriptions are a common practice in medicine, even without FDA approval, which this drug has. You have your head so far up your a ss that your hate goggles are probably the only thing keeping you from getting pinkeye.

Last edited:

ShePays

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am correct. You are wrong. Your source even says I'm correct.
You should learn to read.
Notice how @ShePays altered the content of my post:
I deleted your superfluous word because it made your statement nonsensical. I was just going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and attribute it to your confusing clinical trials for an off-label purpose, with whether the drug was already FDA approved, and available to legally prescribe for off-label purposes; but, since the FDA had already provided emergency approval specifically for COVID-19, I didn't see any need to compound your embarrassment over what I assumed was an innocent error, rather than a deliberate effort to obfuscate. However, since you made a big deal about my unmuddling your language for you...you should quit before you further embarrass yourself.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the concern among health professionals and politicians not friendly to Trump is more about if these drugs become widely used to treat coronavirus and are marginally successful or unsuccessful that they would take the supply from patients who use them for other conditions.
Yes, I'm sure that having everyone's best interests at heart is the main motivating factor. :rofl:

Spaz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere where's it's none of your business
According to Dr. Fauci

If one assumes that the number of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic cases is several times as high as the number of reported cases, the case fatality rate may be considerably less than 1%. This suggests that the overall clinical consequences of Covid-19 may ultimately be more akin to those of a severe seasonal influenza (which has a case fatality rate of approximately 0.1%) or a pandemic influenza (similar to those in 1957 and 1968) rather than a disease similar to SARS or MERS, which have had case fatality rates of 9 to 10% and 36%, respectively.
According to ur own Dr. Fauci the current virus is at least 10x deadly then the normal flu.

Since u r one of our more famous nerds around here, then numbers will be ur language.

Let's assume the mortality rate is @1% (base on the model generated by Korea) and the entire US population is infected = 3.3 million deaths.

Even with a 50% discount that's a staggering amount for a country to lose within a month or two or even 5 months.

Even the commies who prefers smaller population, they balked at the numbers of potential deaths, hence the Chinese put in draconian lockdowns.

Which is why American institutions are doing the best they can right now to flatten the curve.

Hence social distancing - the reasons for the lockdowns.

Remember, the normal flu virus is ALREADY widespread throughout the world, there's already some form of herd immunity.

Sure they are many who carries the current virus without so much as a cough, you could one of the lucky ones.

But that doesn't mean nor gives you the right to wash over those that's vulnerable to it.

And because of this too, the world economy is going into a tailspin and take a year or maybe a few to recover - low income people will be poorer for it, losing what little they already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.