"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Couple of questions

Diaoz

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, thks.

1.) There's this girl that calls herself and treats herself like a princess. So when I first heard that, I asked "So where's the pedestal? I thought princesses are supposed to be on pedestals" and some other stuffs like that. Turned out ok but I'm trying to think of something ****y and funny to call a Princess, any ideas? Thks

2.) Everytime I tell a joke, or think of something funny, I can't help it but burst out in laughter.

That's fine normally since I'm a fun person, but some jokes are meant to be said in this serious and poker face.

So any suggestions on how to control laughters of even just a smile?
 
Last edited:

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Sydney
Oh Buddha

You serious? Okay, when you are wanting to laugh or smile, STOP! Now, call the little girl Princess Fiona, like in Shrek.
 

Wyldfire

Banned
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
9,104
Reaction score
28
Originally posted by Diaoz
Hi guys, thks.

1.) There's this girl that calls herself and treats herself like a princess. So when I first heard that, I asked "So where's the pedestal? I thought princesses are supposed to be on pedestals" and some other stuffs like that. Turned out ok but I'm trying to think of something ****y and funny to call a Princess, any ideas? Thks

2.) Everytime I tell a joke, or think of something funny, I can't help it but burst out in laughter.

That's fine normally since I'm a fun person, but some jokes are meant to be said in this serious and poker face.

So any suggestions on how to control laughters of even just a smile?
Learn how to "smirk". It's a refreshing change from a goofy smile. To me, smiles tend to look a bit forced and phony unless you're laughing. Smirks are especially good for times when you're being a smart arse, too. The vast majority of men grin or smile, but very few smirk. To be honest with you...I'm more likely to be intrigued by the guy with the smirk than the grin or smile. I can't say that all women are like that, though, but I think trying that might work well for you in your situation.
 

Diaoz

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
hmm, cool ideas there but how do you define a smirk as a smirk?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Don't smirk. It's insincere. People immediately read a smirk as, "I'm smiling, but I'm not really happy...maybe even a little ticked."

And don't laugh at your own jokes...it shows that you're insecure about how funny they are.
 

Diaoz

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 26, 2003
Messages
133
Reaction score
0
yeah I know, I generally prefer to tell jokes with a poker 'oh yeah' kindda face.

but since some are rather funny, I laugh with them "ha ha ha". which is fine too.

the real issue however is that on certain kindda jokes, the thought of it gets me laughing in a rather silly way...BEFORE I can even say it, so it looks rather dumb.

So, how do I control my laughter?
 

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2004
Messages
381
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
NJ
"Hey what's up there Cinderella? Got a question for you . . . when are you FINALLY gonna go from the rags to the riches like Walt Disney said you would?" Or some variation . . .

"Princess? Wow! My friend's dog has the same name! And there's some other similarities too . . . "
 
Top