Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

could you ask a girl this?

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Are you going somewhere on Valentines day?

To find out if she's intrested? Answer don't yust read.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sounds chumpy AFC to me.

'So where are you going on Valentines? if you've got to ask.

Indicating your not half assed asking her to go with you.

But it's not a good line of questioning at all. It indicates it's on your mind and you are dateless looking for a Valentine.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
An idea...

Originally posted by napoleon
Are you going somewhere on Valentines day?

To find out if she's intrested? Answer don't yust read.
Thats boring!

Rather just try bring the topic of valentines day up, speak about your PAST Valentines days, and then while u are on the topic, and its not just random, u can ask something like " yeah, so what did u do last Valentines?" and then she will tell you.. then u can reply with " oh ok kewl... and this Valentines?" ( by now, u should be able to tell if she is interested or not) ... then if she isnt interested, just spk about other things and pretend that the topic never came up. And if you are not sure if she is interested, then wait for her to give u a hint, and if she asks YOU what YOU are doing for Valentines, then the chances that she is interested are higher, but not definate, so just work with it, and see where the conversation goes. Just wateva you do, DONT BE NERVOUS.

goodluck...

Laterz...

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Now I decided not to. There are better ways to find out is she's intrested or seeing someone.

Let go to coffee sometime. Gimme your #.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
huh?

Originally posted by stalluproar
If your intentions are to ask her for Valentines Day, BAD MOVE. I second it sounds like AFC.
whats AFC about asking a girl to be ur valentines? :confused:

thejuice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ha ha. Listen guy, theres nothing wrong with asking a girl to be your valentine. So if you want to take her out for Valentines day napoleon, do it. But you have to make sure you dont do all the wrong things. What they are? Thats for another thread...but while im here, you should ask her in jest. Let me explain; really, it depends on who she is to you. Is she a coworker, some chick in class? You can figure out how to handle it depending on who she is...so while youre talking to her and ask her what shes doing, shell either reply with something or nothing. If she says shes doing something, then your plans are spoiled. If she says that she isnt doing anything, tease her a bit and tell her that youll be her pity date. Do it in jest so it wont come off as cheesy (which is almost synonymous with needy). Good luck playa

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
if this is a girl you've been dating then that's not a big deal
however if this is someone you've only met a few times you may want to rethink asking her that. Girls blow V day way way out of proportion, at least alot of them do. Unless you're saying it in a lets just hang out together and think about how happy we could be if we had a significant other (which is kind of depressing) you should not really want to spend V day with a girl unless you're really into each other

Sport f*cking a girl on V day is a welcome alternative

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i wouldnt ask it in that way.... remember it's not what you say it's how you say it!

There's a big difference between:

"Are you going somewhere on Valentines day"

and

"Let's go catch a movie/grab a drink/go minigolfin/go clubbing/go skinny dipping/etc on the 14th"

or something like that... when the word valentines day comes up .... yes ALL THE AFCs break loose!

Ive actually gone out wid one on valentines day 2 years ago becasue i played it dumb and ddnt know it was valentines day.... however that was during the AFCist times and i was still learning the ropes... :D Still am now but i have a better grip on them

BUt yeah ... as PRMoon said, if it's a girl urr currently dating then yeah go ask her to come out... if not... then ii would best advise you to avoid asking anyone out for valentines day as it's just an overrated day where there is too much emphasis on giving crap because of this hersheys and hallmark holiday

napoleon

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't ask her to be my valentine, but to see if she has a borefriend,and is maybe intrested in me.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
errr...

Originally posted by AverageFC
what if your past valentines sucked?

Then dont speak about them?:rolleyes: It was just an example... if you want to bring up Valentines day, u dont HAVE to bring up your OWN past valentines etc, just bring it up somehow.. there are many ways that you can do that, think.

Laterz...

MixMaxster

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you were friends with this girl, i'd say ask her... but don't expect her to say yes to going out with you if she tells you she's not doing anything. Why? Because the second you ask her that question she's gonna think "man this is a lame pick-up attempt."

if you want to bring up valentine's day, talk about it like it's the commercial industries way at getting guys to shell out more money. Or joke around saying that valentine's day is an excuse for couples to make it up to the other person for not doing valentine's day sort of stuff any other time of the year.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
tsk tsk tsk...

Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
Valentines day is for people in a LTR.

Again, YUCK!

Shame.

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT A BIG DEAL!!

I dont see the fuss about all of this.. i REALLY dont... if you want to ask a girl to be your valentines, then JUST ASK HER for g0d sakes! Its really not a big deal, OR a big issue... if the 2 of you are close and/or like eachother, then go for it, no need to try and ask her in a "stylish" way and all of that b.s.... you people are stressing WAY too much over something so little... u like her? she likes you? ASK HER! Its as simple as that.

Laterz...

Hellboy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Urk, I got dumped 2 valentines day's in a row by different girls. My fault for playing around I guess.

Why don't you walk up to her, look her straight in the eye with a cheeky grin and say... "So, what are we doing for Valentines day?"

You can pass it off as a joke but be bold and be strong until you see her reaction.