Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cosmetic Surgery

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever gotten any? (e.g. Ear Pinning, Rhinoplasty, Facial Scarring, Chin Implant, Cheek Implant)

For the most part; I like the way I look (at least from the front) and my left profile side is pretty good.

It's the right-side profile that bothers me.

However, I do have a big nose that projects out, but it is straight (doesn't hook). I have been told I resemble Matt Lauer (former newsman) and Michael Imperioli (Christopher from the Sopranos--not a compliment on this one)

I had braces for 5 years (30+ years ago) and Dentofacial Orthopedics (head gear) to correct my severe overbite.

Most of us never think about how we look from our profile. When I look in the mirror (with another handheld mirror to project); I noticed my chin looks slightly weak or my lower jaw looks a little too small for my face. This makes my nose look even bigger.

I know they have non-surgical chin augementation (where they use filler), chin implants and sliding genioplasty (where they slide the chin bone forward)

Costs for these procedures run from $1500 to non-invasive up to 10-15K for a sliding genioplasty.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, I only had some dental work done on teeth that had to be removed after combat injuries. Most of the scars I got when I was in my early twenties had disappeared, but now that I'm over fifty they become visible again. Not a problem though, women think they're sexy, and I don't care.

Serenity

Reaction score
Charisma and lack of insecurity about looks is both cheaper and way more effective than whatever surgery can do for you.

I never had braces and I definitely should have, but that never really stopped me because I don't give a fvck. This "defect" doesn't even register to me, I'm only ever reminded about it when soneone else mentions their physical insecurities, like now.

Don't waste your money when 99% of issues with women can be solved psychologically.

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The women I date would be offended if I was fake. My personality makes up for my imperfect looks. That's what I wanted to be judged by anyways.

Machine10033

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I ever started balding I would need to do something. I do not have a head that can pull off the bald look... had a horrible haircut years back made me look like moe from the three stooges. Tried to fix it... eventually just had another Barber give me a skin fade into a 1 on top. It was not a good look...

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If I ever started balding I would need to do something. I do not have a head that can pull off the bald look... had a horrible haircut years back made me look like moe from the three stooges. Tried to fix it... eventually just had another Barber give me a skin fade into a 1 on top. It was not a good look...
Bald is a death sentence for most men unless you're all bulked up and have the tough guy look.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Funny you say that, I am 46 and always had a full head of thick hair. However, my barber always uses thinning shears.

The hair has been quite thin up top where I can see parts of my scalp and I am noticing more hairs on the bathroom floor and tub.

I pray to God it's just the thinning shears that did this and not the start of Male Pattern Baldness.

I agree, I cannot pull of the bald look. I have a prominent nose and ears that stick out a little; I would not look good bald.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bald is a death sentence for most men unless you're all bulked up and have the tough guy look.
I shave my head and while I'm not 'bulked up', I heard people mention that I look like someone you don't want to cross. Still, I don't think you have to look like a warrior to rock a shaved head.

If the top of your head is not shaped like an egg, you can probably rock the bald look.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I shave my head and while I'm not 'bulked up', I heard people mention that I look like someone you don't want to cross. Still, I don't think you have to look like a warrior to rock a shaved head.

If the top of your head is not shaped like an egg, you can probably rock the bald look.
I think the key is to not be fat! Bald is okay as long as you don't look chubby.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Here’s the thing about cosmetic procedures. If you are already self confident and you feel some enhancement is warranted (orthodontics, rhinoplasty etc.) then it will enhance confidence.

If you are insecure & without self confidence, procedures are not going to give you a new personality.

The best candidates for cosmetic stuff is someone who is generally happy with themselves but there’s this thing that’s always bugged them. My college roommate had a nose job to correct a hooked nose. She also had her boobs done as she had A cups. She was otherwise beautiful and thin. Those two things greatly enhanced how she felt about herself & she made sure she had great surgeons for both.

Remember there are always risks too.

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The dental surgery I had was to rectify the loss of some teeth so I could chew my food evenly again. Being able to grin without showing a gap in my teeth was a bonus.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In the states orthodontics is very common in families with means. I had braces as did one of my sisters as did all of my kids (which I paid for). So nobody in US thinks getting braces is vain or weird. Looks matter, and proper bite is advisable for many non cosmetic reasons.

Some men get hair transplants, some people get Botox, some get coolsculpting or lipo or boob jobs. Some get face lifts. It’s becoming more normal & it’s losing its stigma. Some celebrities like Dolly Parton or Cher have been quite transparent about work. Same with Marc Jacobs. It’s the new status thing in some circles, the ability to afford looking youthful as you age, but that’s different in a way than changing a feature like a nose that’s always been bothering someone.

Stoic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vanity is better than self neglect.

I’m 40. I get Botox. I’ve had Invisalign. I try to keep myself in top shape. I want the women in the early to mid 20s.

Some men have hit the generic lottery. some guys have height. I don’t have that. I don’t have movie star looks either. How do I compete against top tier men in the dating market if I have not hit the genetic lottery?

But I have worked my ass off and I do have money. And I have used that to even the playing field a bit by having cosmetic stuff done here and there.

oc16

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Vanity is better than self neglect.

I’m 40. I get Botox. I’ve had Invisalign. I try to keep myself in top shape. I want the women in the early to mid 20s.

Some men have hit the generic lottery. some guys have height. I don’t have that. I don’t have movie star looks either. How do I compete against top tier men in the dating market if I have not hit the genetic lottery?

But I have worked my ass off and I do have money. And I have used that to even the playing field a bit by having cosmetic stuff done here and there.
Nothing wrong with that! If it makes you feel better, get it done!

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shouldn't everyone here already be all bulked up? Especially before considering paying actual money for cosmetic surgery..?

I_have_BDE

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

But if you're not over 6ft being bald makes you look short. Being bald also doesn't make you look younger

AmsterdamAssassin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
But if you're not over 6ft being bald makes you look short. Being bald also doesn't make you look younger
Well, I'm over six feet. And I don't give a fvck about looking my actual age. The obsession people have with looking younger than they are is just a silly American affectation.

Agamemnon43

Don Juan
Reaction score
Nothin sadder than "men" who get cosmetic surgery becuase they can't live with themselves and think the only important thing in life is attracting young women even when you're in your 40s.
We are here to talk about women, not become women.

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It can carry a lot of risk. Last night I was at a funeral for a friend. He was a collegiate athlete in his youth and he was 61. He retained his fitness but had developed a beer belly despite lifting and hiking and mountain climbing avidly. He had a full head of hair, was a multimillionaire and was a great friend to everyone who knew him. The stories told were about his Chad days of youth when women were drawn to him like flies.

How did he die? Vanity. Rather than do the work and apply the discipline to get the beer belly off, rather than abstain from rich foods and wine, he got his stomach stapled.

The day after surgery he went & lifted heavy, which was against doctors orders, and he died at home later, presumably from sepsis after breaking his staples lifting & then not realizing the seriousness of his condition.

Why did he get his stomach stapled? To appeal to women, since at 61 his looks were not as attractive as they once had been.

Cautionary tale. There was is a reason vanity is one of the 7 deadly sins boys. Very sad.