Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cooking rice once a week?

Who Dares Win

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was considering to vapor cook about 1kg (2.2 lbs) of white rice and keep it in the fridge so its ready to get anytime I need some carbs, planning to cut bread and pasta.

Is it doable? I dont care about taste or temperature, just want to make sure it keep itself good to be consumed over the week.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No need to vapor cook it. Cook it normally, 1,5 cups of water for 1 cup of rice, 15 minutes, put the lid to it and let it cook. It will come back superbly and then you can store it and eat it when you want.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is the scenario in which you "need carbs," especially white rice? White rice is junk carbs anyway. Brown is much better.
How and why is white rice "junk carbs"?

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
How and why is white rice "junk carbs"?
The nutrients and fiber in rice are contained mostly in the husk, which is what makes brown rice brown. Fiber slows your digestion of the carbs. White flour and white rice are not much better than sugar, because your body converts them to glucose almost immediately, which is then stored as fat. Almost all carbs are junk, anyway, especially processed foods.

The Diver

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was considering to vapor cook about 1kg (2.2 lbs) of white rice and keep it in the fridge so its ready to get anytime I need some carbs, planning to cut bread and pasta.

Is it doable? I dont care about taste or temperature, just want to make sure it keep itself good to be consumed over the week.
Brown rice is much healthier than white rice.
My way for brown rice:
1.5 cup boiled water for 1 cup B.rice . (never did more than 2 cups. 2 cups is a lot ) Bring the water to boil again, than cover the pot and put under the smallest heat flame you have, for 35 minutes (B.R take longer to cook than white rice).After 35 minutes turn the heat off and leave pot unopened for 20 more minutes. Remove cover and spread rice with fork.
After rice cool down , you can divide the rice to portions and put in the freezer.
When you want to use it, take out from the freezer and reheat in the microwave.
(I think rice can stay in the fridge for 2-3 days and after that start to smell funny,,,,,,)

Andrett

Banned
Reaction score
I do not like rice. Once a month I can cook it.

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rice goes bad really fast, faster than pretty much any other food out there. You’d want to finish it after like 3 or 4 days tops, otherwise the stuff starts going moldy or rancid which you definitely don’t want.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You had me at 'rice'!

mmmmmmmmm:D

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://goo.gl/images/Q5CgME
This brand is pretty good and I usually cook it with beef or chicken bullion. It takes longer to cook, but I like the texture and taste much more, than white rice. I'm kind of with the camp, that it does not matter, white or brown. You have the simple carbs issue with the white and the phytate/anti-nutrient issue with the brown. Considering, you believe that either make much of a difference. Simple carbs seem to be great for pre/peri/post workout though. Three days worth is the most I've prepared in advance, so I couldn't say on how it keeps any longer than that.

lizardking82

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
https://goo.gl/images/Q5CgME
This brand is pretty good and I usually cook it with beef or chicken bullion. It takes longer to cook, but I like the texture and taste much more, than white rice. I'm kind of with the camp, that it does not matter, white or brown. You have the simple carbs issue with the white and the phytate/anti-nutrient issue with the brown. Considering, you believe that either make much of a difference. Simple carbs seem to be great for pre/peri/post workout though. Three days worth is the most I've prepared in advance, so I couldn't say on how it keeps any longer than that.
I normally use about 250 grams of white rice + 100 grams of grated grana padano cheese on top of it before work out and sometimes even after work out. Would you say that's too much rice?

Macaframalama

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I normally use about 250 grams of white rice + 100 grams of grated grana padano cheese on top of it before work out and sometimes even after work out. Would you say that's too much rice?
Honestly, I have no idea. I would think it would be goal dependant and what your other macros look like and daily activity level. I don't usually do alot of the macro counting and lift mainly for performance, some hypertrophy focus. My go to, when I've had a tough day at work and dead is ramen or pb&j. @Espi would probably be your go to if your goal was getting lean.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rice isn't really necessary but it's cheap. Brown rice > white rice. Rice is usually good for 4 days in the fridge.

Other alternatives, oatmeal + honey / brown sugar / cinnamon in breakfast is a ton of carbs. You can pretty much go protein + vegetables for the rest of the day and be fine. Sweet potato, though more expensive... is tastier than rice. Also, you can use less rice if you add beans. Rice + beans is complete protein, and beans will add more fiber and fill you up. Beans are also cheap as **** too.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score

In the fridge 2 days max, after that it dries up and hardens.

Anyhow 1kg of white rice is too much.

Reykhel

Banned
Reaction score
Rice goes bad really fast, faster than pretty much any other food out there. You’d want to finish it after like 3 or 4 days tops, otherwise the stuff starts going moldy or rancid which you definitely don’t want.
Yep. In fact, it's not recommended that you reheat rice at all.

There's a risk of food poisoning (causing vomiting or diarrhea) as bacteria can grow on the surface of the rice. Think it's more to
do with how it's stored rather than how it's reheated. ie if you leave it lying at room temperature before you refrigerate it.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
White rice (and all other fast carbs) have their place, usually for people working hard jobs or heavy bodybuilders, who understand how their bodies handle glucose/insulin. If you're trying to lean out, I'd stay away from the refined carbs. Don't cut out the good carbs though, like whole grains and vegetables.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

White rice and brown rice have a similar glicemix index. In other words, they soar your blood sugar, which then turns Into fat (if not used for energy). Depending on your plans, I'd go for other carbohydrates.

annagreenang

Banned
Reaction score
Yep. In fact, it's not recommended that you reheat rice at all.

There's a risk of food poisoning (causing vomiting or diarrhea) as bacteria can grow on the surface of the rice. Think it's more to
do with how it's stored rather than how it's reheated. ie if you leave it lying at room temperature before you refrigerate it.
Thanks for the info, i didn't know that

Amelia

Reaction score
It's not good to cook rice one time for the whole week. Just as what Reykhel said, there would be bacteria growing on the rice. It's better not to eat rice that is stored over 3 days, even it's in the refrigerator.