Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Contending life: The Struggles of One Man overcoming Extreme Hardship.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
If everyone understood that, there wouldn't be a need for this forum.

P.S. And when I say "Let it SHINE" I mean LET IT SHINE!. Do not change for ANYONE, or anything! Once you start dating this dream girl, do not change!

We are all BRIGHT. We are all awesome people; together we enrich each other's lives for the better. It's not a competition. We all benefit from this.

If everyone was 'cool', imagine the fun we'd have.

Never settle for less; cause that's what you'll get. Apply to Harvard. Talk to the HB 9. Try to Surf. Show off if you feel like it. If you bust your ass, laugh it off. Or give everyone else a try, and laugh at them.

Don't take life to seriously. Have fun. Take it easy.

Study Hard. Work Hard. Play Harder.

Oh, and go to the fu*king gym.
----------------------------------------
Okay, NOW I'M GETTING SERIOUS! :)

Starting tomorrow, I will post my daily field reports; I've been getting quite lazy in regards to informing you guys what's going on over here. I could use the input - because, quite frankly, I do not know everything there is to know.

Stay tuned for a new format to my thread. It will be organized; it will contain dialogue, musing, rants and my mindset as I guide you through the streets of New York as I work my 'magic' - or attempt to. :)

Last edited:

Stifler

Reaction score
Wow, you inspired me. I just don't know where to start though, I take good care of myself I go to the gym brush my teeth, and watch my higiene.
I'm just stuck in a bad social position. Once your deep, it really hard to find a ladder to climb to.

I'm a guy without any good friends, how did you make friends? Did you go to the ebach alone, and talk to random strangers? Is it like that it works? Then you ask them for there numbers?

I need your help CONTENDER!!

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, I went to the beach alone. I met up with a few people, and played soccer. I bumped into a few girls, and started talking to them casually. The opportunity presented itself - with some effort - and I got their phone numbers.

We hung out later that day, and I developed friendships with their friends. And, from that point the list grew on and on.

I used to have a few numbers in my phonebook; only my parents, relatives and a few close friends - a total of 10 numbers. I have 65 phone numbers now.

98% of the numbers are not even from my High School; you see, I got a fresh start. Now, if I see fellow High Schoolers, I bet they will see a BIG change... and not only physically. ;)

I took some time alone for a bit to reflect. I discovered my flaws and allocated the time to work on it. When I was ready to enter the social world, I came back energized and on the ball. The gym really helps, man. I've gotten a big confidence boost from it.

If you'd like to have an indepth conversation about it, hit me up on MSN. It will be much easier to help you out.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm closing this thread temporarily; do not expect any updates until I start college.

Right now, I'm just hanging out with friends... surfing... working out... doing a few cold approaches... and having a chill time. I do not feel comfortable posting everything here. It makes me feel loserish.

The lessons are really simple.

A) Do not fawn over a girl.
B) Be straightforward, but never be desperate.
C) Know when to move on.
D) Be friendly, and be playful.
E) Always maintain eye contact.
F) Don't be afraid; there's nothing to fear.

Do not be "AFC." Be yourself; set priorities, and enjoy your life under those guidelines - whether you love to workout, and play sports... finish your Homework, and then focus on girls... or, whatever.

Just live your life; and never give a girl too much attention. You deserve must of that attention.

YOU are your primary concern. Remember that.

And, if I don't post in this thread... be content to know that Contender is kicking @$$ in college, and doing well. :)

Farewell,

Contender

P.S. Feel free to contact me via MSN.

(K J B 1 9 8 8 @ h o t m a i l . c o m) - when you add my email address to your MSN buddy list, do not include ANY of the spaces.

theapprentice

Don Juan
Reaction score
Man

Man great work on your improvement but I dont know its sounds skeptical for some reason, just that improving so fast when changing the way you think takes a very long time and you did it so fast.

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
theapprentice said:
Man great work on your improvement but I dont know its sounds skeptical for some reason, just that improving so fast when changing the way you think takes a very long time and you did it so fast.
That's because he didn't half-ass his improvement. He made a choice, deciding that he wanted to change, and he LIVED self-improvement until he reached a point where he didn't need this place anymore. Anyone that is truly motivated and loyal enough to their cause can do the same. It all comes down to how much effort you put into it.

eminence

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how did you go from 115 lbs to 155 in a little over a months time? Or how long ago did you take that weight measurement...i'm not calling you a liar, just wondering if i misunderstood something. i'm a rather skinny guy myself and gaining 40 lbs in 4-6 months for me I think would be impressive.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

Thank you, B-Lemond. I am, and I will for the rest of my life!

It has been a few months since I began this lifelong journey for change, yet it feels like a few years since those days I looked at myself in disappointment: "How could you waste away your raw potential," I asked myself.

I embarked on a war of sorts. I fought valiantly against the gnawing itch to fall back to old habits. I was yearning for a change: physical, and mental. If you have stuck with my progress you would have learned how many flaws I found in myself; I'm sure others perceived more, however, I'm not concerned with their opinion.

Neither should you.

It's a Sunday morning. I wake up from a long peaceful sleep in my dorm room. I've already finished my assignments for class, and I partied like I've never partied before. I browsed my old thread, and I really see big changes.

I'm closer to my physical goal: I'm 163 pounds now. I have been showered with complements about my body as I walk shirtless to the bathroom in the morning. :)

I don't procrastinate anymore. I study; I study hard, and efficiently. Oh, and believe me, I'm having a good time.

I was the first guy to hook-up in college. It was on the first night of the first day. She was a 9.0; and, I'm not the only one who can attest to that. It has been three amazing months into my first semester in college, and I've been with a handful of girls - five to be exact. Only one of these girls was as drunk as I was at the time. The other four was all me: sober skills.

Yes, I am bragging a little. I am so fu'king proud of myself. I can't complain about my body anymore. I am eating right, despite the temptations and the lack of healthy food on campus. I make sure it gets done. I'm doing well academically. I'm doing well socially; everything is run on my own terms. I'm still swimming to get better. I'm training for the next swimming season for the Division 1 level. I'm going to transfer to another University. I'm getting a job. I'm going to finance a car. I'm INDEPENDENT. I can, literally, have sex whenever I want.

Yes, it seems I've got everything figured out. However, that's not true. I seem completely happy, but I'm not. Life is a b'tch. It really is extremely difficult, no matter how much you improved. But, the fact that I conquered my flaws and improved my standard of living despite my financial disadvantages makes everything seem perfect. I'm doing better off alone without a job, and just investing in stocks then living with my mother. Furthermore, I'm going to get a paid-internship. That increases my revenue.

I'm f'cking set! However, on second thought, I don't think I'll get a car yet. I plan to go abroad often. Thus, there is no point in paying off a car I'm not going to use. When I go to graduate school I'll purchase a brand spanking new car. :)

I'm living life on my own terms now. I go to the gym regularly. I swim regularly. I'm going to get a 4.0 GPA, and I'm going to enjoy myself on this road to collegiate and professional success.

I've had my share of cold approaches. I did it all, without the help of this website. I noticed the extreme dependency with SoSuave. Stop if you really want to change. Unless one enjoys spending countless hours on a web forum, than by all means...

I am no longer intimidated to talk. I no longer turn red over the slightest embarrassment. I am not shy. I am NOT RESTRAINED by anything, not even my fear. I embrace it, and live for the rush of excitement - breaking the realms of the norm.

I hope I've inspired others to emulate me. I've gained so much from this short period of time. I scoff at those who told me that this was an impossible goal: look at me now, b'tch. Who the fu'k is talking now? **** the Mind over Matter mentality. Who the f'ck says you can't have it all.

I WANT IT ALL. I'M GETTING IT ALL.

What do you want?

Go get it. Take it. It's yours.

P.S. I am not greedy. I am driven. You should not be greedy. Love life. Enjoy it. Love your REAL friends - that one person you can confide in. Love your passions. Share. Volunteer your time to make the world a better place. Donate money to the unfortunate. And, work hard for what you want!

-Contender
Contending life since Summer '06
--------------------------------------------
Copy the format of my thread, and start your own journey to self-improvement. Use this as a supplement to your ultimate goal.

I will make myself available on Sunday mornings every week. P.M. me, or reply to this thread to contact me. I am going to give back to this community until [an undisclosed date].

P.S. View the following thread: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?&p=1039439#post1039439

It's food for thought - it's very insightful. I have never thought about those situations in the way the thread starter did. It is also extremely accurate.

The point: Never CHANGE for SOMEONE ELSE. Change for YOURSELF - that is the difference between SELF-improvement, and [inserts a string of derogatory insults - i.e.: a b'tch].

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update: January 4, 2007

It has been slightly over six months since I've started to grab control over my life. I took the liberty of rereading my posts. I experienced an unreal feeling as I read. I didn't write everything that went on in my life, but as I read I remembered every single detail from the rejections to the successes. I remembered the suffering I've faced in High School.

I remembered my low self-esteem. I winced at the time I've wasted at being angry as I lied in my room alone lying to myself that I can and will improve without taking it seriously, or, for that matter, making a plan to improve. I was out of shape and I ate irregularly; when I ate it was unhealthy food. I didn't read that much. I had all the time in the world. I didn't hang out, or Study. I literally wasted my time.

All of these experiences still affect me. Do not think for an instant that life is perfect for me. I am still haunted by the rejections I've experienced. One girl over the summer whom I've talked about in particular. She was the first girl I tried to open up to and it seems that I was played from the start. And, upon looking back to it thanks to this thread that still exists, I realized that it was my positive attitude that kept me in tact. However, it was a false sense of hope. I wasn't really completely positive. I'm still on that path toward complete self-confidence and happiness. However, the key is not to lie to yourself. One must embrace his or her shortcomings and acknowledge there strengths; once this is done, one must use this to improve. She was beautiful, smart, fun, easy going and had a great body. But, what really hurt the most was rejection; the cold heart wrenching experience that feel as if my cold soul is slithering out of my body as I lie alone in my quiet room.

I learned to deal with it. I channeled this energy to sports. I swim for my college. For every bad thing we experience in life, we can transmute it to a great thing.

If you are concerned about your proverbial "game" with women, my advice, experiences directly correlate with how well you deal with women. Before you can successfully approach women as a genuine man and produce a desired outcome, one must "know thyself" (socrates); you must know what you want, believe in yourself, and begin your journey of self-improvement - overcome your obstacles.

Women, in the grand scheme of things, are trivial. My instinct tells me "no, women are everything."; from the sexy curves of their body, to their soft skin, beautiful smile, long brown hair, and piercing green eyes... they are everything that we want... it seems, sometimes. But, in order to be happy and succeed in a greater sense (and, yes, even with women) you must improve within. You must believe in yourself first, before you expect women to believe in you as a person they should trust, respect, love, cherish, or desire to fu*k (girls do not want to feel like sluts; they want to be, f*ck someone worth it - to someone worth showing off to their friends).

Start your path to self-improvement. Contend life, for nothing comes easy. This post is not a lecture to you - only. I am learning and discovering this key to our future as I type this post right now at 3:29 AM in the morning. I cannot fall asleep. I bumped into this girl that made me realize what inspired me to start this whole thing to begin with - rejection.

Life is filled with bumps, pot holes, ditches, craters, pits, and black holes. My first semester in college did not go as planned. I had my share of girl friends that ****ed with me. I learned. I had my share of girl problems; trust me, I learned from that too. I still work out regularly. I eat healthy. I get hit on. I get eye fvcked by all the girls on my floor as I go to the shower without my shirt. I have really gone a long way. I have progressed, but with every success I encounter adversary. I struggled, and I am struggling right now with my grades. I am intelligent, but I've let everything get to me. I need to place my foot firmly on the ground and take power.

But, believe me when I say this: It was fvcking worth it. As a young boy I've always looked up to college students. There was this amazing quality about them; they were so cool, and composed; they were intelligent and radiated with confidence and happiness. Before college they were immature, and stupid. Once in college they returned home speaking eloquently, filled with brilliant ideas. The nerds of High School came back easy going, fun, cool and still bright.

I had a high expectation of college. That's why I needed a harsh lesson - a bad GPA for my semester to really wake me up. College is serious business for the field that I am going into; grades hold a lot of weight. I see it now as the foundation for the gears of change that are setting in motion. I am already a different person than that fateful June 2006.

It can only go uphill from here, despite the detours and pitfalls along the way. :)

I have a lot of problems. I also have a lot of successes that give me a reason to wake up in the morning and smile. There is a bright side to everything. So what I didn't do as well as I should have? Life will not come to a halt. It doesn't make me any less of a person. It only indicates I'm human; so if you're in doubt of my race, rest assured... I'm human. :p

I find it hard to study. I ended up giving up on that. I did not study at all. So I deserve the grades I got for not studying at all. I technically study for a few hours out of the whole semester. And, to be quite honest, I did not do terribly under those circumstances. My grade was an 85 out of a 100 (2.8 GPA out of a 4.0 GPA). It's time to overcome my high school habits. I think that is my biggest obstacle: overwriting 4 years of self-destructive habits. It really is. It's as hard as forcing yourself to decline sexual advances by a really beautiful woman. Yes, it's that difficult. However, I'm not here to complain.

I'm here to indicate that during this time I experienced SUCCESS and FAILURE alike. It's life, man. I am highlighting the failure because society seems to shun those who fail as unacceptable. At least that's how I feel when I do poorly. Regardless, it happens. And, I am better for it. As much as it pains me to experience the "down" side to life, it makes me a better person.

We have a right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. What better way to pursue happiness than by starting with helping oneself improve?

I will keep a daily journal on my computer of my life: my pursuit of happiness if you will. If my continuing progression interests you I do not mind copying and pasting it to this thread.

Have a Happy New Year,

Contender

kgarvey

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hell I thought I was doing alright but I might have to get myself a plan,the stuff in the HS bible about inspiration and motivation doesn't match this for me my friend :)

Of Course there will always be bad moments,but at least your having the good moments you always dreamed of too,well done in your transition and in keeping to it.It's hard but you have the right attitude to go about it,keep that attitude and don't let your success get to you, keep on fighting,no matter how happy you are,you can always be happier,aim as high as you can and along the way we will all be there for each other,until we rule the world ...and beyond !!...kgarvey

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Contender
I have progressed, but with every success I encounter adversary. I struggled, and I am struggling right now with my grades. I am intelligent, but I've let everything get to me. I need to place my foot firmly on the ground and take power.
Word.

Just reading that...We have so much in common. I started on my road to self-improvement around the same time you did. The achilles heel of the whole experience thus far, was grades. To get to where I am now, I had to let everything affect me. I had to learn from everything I did. I found that, with so many interesting and dramatic experiences coalescing in my head, that my grades began to slip. I have no balance in my life. I'm learning about everything at a rate unparalleled, leaving classwork--in terms of interest--akin to the light of a candle beside that of the sun itself. Now, with marks back, the reality set in on me. I'm nowhere near where I need to be to get into university itself, much less the university that I desire. My life essentially hangs in balance these next few weeks. All of the learning I've been doing, about myself, was fun. To me classwork is not fun...
But this is where duty and discipline come in, this is where we are defined not as boys...but as men.

P.S. I keep a daily journal now as well...It helps to know where things go wrong, and how to correct them. Headshot on the socrates quote, so important.

peace

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
Word.

Just reading that...We have so much in common. I started on my road to self-improvement around the same time you did. The achilles heel of the whole experience thus far, was grades. To get to where I am now, I had to let everything affect me. I had to learn from everything I did. I found that, with so many interesting and dramatic experiences coalescing in my head, that my grades began to slip. I have no balance in my life. I'm learning about everything at a rate unparalleled, leaving classwork--in terms of interest--akin to the light of a candle beside that of the sun itself. Now, with marks back, the reality set in on me. I'm nowhere near where I need to be to get into university itself, much less the university that I desire. My life essentially hangs in balance these next few weeks. All of the learning I've been doing, about myself, was fun. To me classwork is not fun...
But this is where duty and discipline come in, this is where we are defined not as boys...but as men.

P.S. I keep a daily journal now as well...It helps to know where things go wrong, and how to correct them. Headshot on the socrates quote, so important.

peace
Eloquently spoken man. I completely agree with you. We have the same achilles heel: schoolwork. I preferred more practical things like internships and self-development. It's difficult to balance, but as you said its our defining moment that shapes us into who we want to be. But they both deserve a fair amount of air time, if you will. In sum it's an invaluable experience that, indirectly, contributes to our self-development goals by teaching discipline and through actual learning.

Personally, I thrive outside the classroom. But, I have to deal with it until I finish university and all of that.

What make us more in common is if you were to tell me that you surf. :)

Good idea in regards to the journal. I'll start one tonight. Now, I just need to figure out how to format it...

BluEyes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never mentioned what my hobbies and interests are...It doesn't change much, but yes...I surf too, among other things. Haven't been out to the beach in a week or so, probably gonna be abit rusty. What length you ride? I'm a fan of the big guns, but I'm always peer pressured into using my short stick :)

For the journal, what is it that you want to document? For me, I write about the defining moments of the day, and more importantly how I reacted to them. I wouldn't write any lists of events or anything dry like that, instead write from the heart. At first I found it difficult to be honest with myself, like truely honest, but I found that comes with time.

Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ur post on jan 4th spoke to me...balance in life is important. you can't just change what your doing because you're into a girl...that's what makes the problems with girls. You just can't be focused on one girl because more oppurtunities come and no single girl is worth it.

im writing to myself btw, no one else will probably get it

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
BluEyes said:
I never mentioned what my hobbies and interests are...It doesn't change much, but yes...I surf too, among other things. Haven't been out to the beach in a week or so, probably gonna be abit rusty. What length you ride? I'm a fan of the big guns, but I'm always peer pressured into using my short stick :)

For the journal, what is it that you want to document? For me, I write about the defining moments of the day, and more importantly how I reacted to them. I wouldn't write any lists of events or anything dry like that, instead write from the heart. At first I found it difficult to be honest with myself, like truely honest, but I found that comes with time.
I love the fish. My board is about 7.5 feet long; it's basically 8 feet. Hmm, I never tried a short stick yet. I'm relatively new to the sport. And my beaches aren't the perfect location to surf. :(

I want to log my progress at the gym, my diet, about the day (including the defining moments)... my reactions, too... thanks for the idea... I never thought of that... and my goals, dreams, desires, etc. I really want to be meticulous and get in the most important information, and as much of it.

dave007

Don Juan
Reaction score
a life like ur own

hey contender.awesome post...long time since i have seen a post that is so close to my own life..guess wat? my life was precisely the same as urs....nd it also became simlar to urs after i made up a strong mind to change the way i was....earlier i used to get remarks like"no girl is ever goin to like u"...nd now they don believe me wen i say i don have a gf....but u see lately things have changed...life is hardly the way it was...i recollect myself followin rigidly the datin prog of many experts like deangelo n carlos xuma....but it seems that things r backfiring upon me.....now girls hardly talk to me..the think its my attitude problem...i am teasy as usual..but it isnt just workin!!!!
HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED IN UR LIFE? HOW DID U DEAL WITH IT?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your attitude is great :D, but i think you are taking on too much at once. Most people who make sudden changes to their lifestyle often give up after 2 - 3 weeks, I think it would be best if you made changes once at at a time; starting with the ones which will be best for the long and short term. But thats just me. Good luck :D

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
dave007 said:
hey contender.awesome post...long time since i have seen a post that is so close to my own life..guess wat? my life was precisely the same as urs....nd it also became simlar to urs after i made up a strong mind to change the way i was....earlier i used to get remarks like"no girl is ever goin to like u"...nd now they don believe me wen i say i don have a gf....but u see lately things have changed...life is hardly the way it was...i recollect myself followin rigidly the datin prog of many experts like deangelo n carlos xuma....but it seems that things r backfiring upon me.....now girls hardly talk to me..the think its my attitude problem...i am teasy as usual..but it isnt just workin!!!!
HAS THIS EVER HAPPENED IN UR LIFE? HOW DID U DEAL WITH IT?
Dave,

Yes, man... there are always ups and downs to life. It's a given. The simple answer is you deal with it.

This is how things usually turn out after the immediate change. Everyone is so quick to recognize the change, they instantly point to other sources of change - a few of my friends think I changed because I got laid. Haha, far from it... at the time at least. Sex didn't change me. I changed me; and I knew I have a lot to learn as well.

You, too, need to understand by starting the path to change doesn't make you changed. It's a lifelong journey of mistakes and corrections. Once you get good at it, you can learn to avoid mistakes. Usually, the sudden change is fake. You have not really changed... you are just acting different. You are acting fake. This is why people negatively respond to you.

To truly change you need to free yourself from dependency on others. You need to fix each flaw. One of them would be thinking of life like a science experiment. There is NO formula for success with women or anything like that but honesty and determination - none of the little of neg + some kino or some other bull. It doesn't work that way.

You have to learn how to relate to people. It's all about that. That's the biggest secret. Everyone wants to find someone in common in this big, cold world. If you can spark that bond, you're set. It's all about reading and understanding people.

However, before you jump to that.. you need to know and understand yourself. Make yourself a better person.