Contending life: The Struggles of One Man overcoming Extreme Hardship.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Guys, I need some input before it's too late.

[edit] alrighty.... getting ready to go outttt. i'll learn and succeed on my own terms.

it's good that no one really responded anyway. i need to learn on my own.

i'll report when i return. and if all goes well, i'll report tomorrow morning ;) - "the morning after."

Last edited:

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Contender said:
Guys, I need some input before it's too late.

[edit] alrighty.... getting ready to go outttt. i'll learn and succeed on my own terms.

it's good that no one really responded anyway. i need to learn on my own.

i'll report when i return. and if all goes well, i'll report tomorrow morning ;) - "the morning after."
lol, good luck, bro.;)

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm fresh, clean and smellin' sexy. What should I wear? I got my cologne ready, and my gel. My hair style will be random, but should I go with shorts and a polo; or jeans and a polo (or a tight tee)? I need an answer, stat! lol

[edit] almost time!!! ::turns on some music to pump up::

[edit 1] Dressed, and pimped out. :) Should we walk, or should I take my car? important question...

SlyD4rK

Don Juan
Reaction score
Contender said:
But, maybe she was just flirting. Do you think she's serious? And, regardless... how should I get her over? Or, how should I get myself to her place?

What should I do on the date? Eat, go play pool, and then walk to my house by taking the route by the beach? Maybe, do something stupid and get both of us wet, and like **** around on the beach... build excitement, then move to my house?

Should I just make a move randomly? Aggressively, but not forcefully (obviously). Sounds good?

[edit] Going to check out the sex topic in the dj bible. thanks for reminding me about that.

[edit 1] read it... it's pretty basic. it doesn't help me. i know how to do foreplay and ****. i can give her a sensual massage while kissing her, and tease her....
i think i get it.
nobody said you HAVE to go to your/her house...(you don't HAVE/NEED to do anything) the beach idea sounds pretty fun :up: :up:

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
SlyD4rK said:
nobody said you HAVE to go to your/her house...(you don't HAVE/NEED to do anything) the beach idea sounds pretty fun :up: :up:
Good advice, SlyD4rk. That's the right attitude - and I forgot.

On top of that...I was stood up - she's at a baseball game. What the f'uck?! "We were supposed to meet at 9? Oh, things just came up."

I love you, too...

I hate failure. But, whatever... what can we do. Sh't happens; next time I won't care so f'cking much.

How's that for a status report? Haha.

Next time I'm going to take it easy like I always have. I will not change because of my status... for anyone.

I failed... so what. I tried, at least; I learned. I'm stronger... feeding off of this pain. I will push myself harder at the gym, using this as my motivation.

I will study harder knowing that the extra minutes I spend hitting the books, the more money I will earn to have a better lifestyle.

I will have fun, and enjoy my life because I respect myself. I will treat people fairly, and not treat them like she treated me - it's just f'cked up. If I don't like you; you'll know it.

I had enough of this p'ssy sh't. I'm going to live my life, not waste my time chasing after YOU... b'tch, or anyone else.

I'll put myself out there... have a good time... approach, and just have fun. I won't chase for an indefinite period of time. I am the "prize." Come and get me - try and get me, before I find someone better.

I Am Still The Contender. Bring it, biatch! :) Now, it's time to chiiiilllll out.

As a matter of fu'king fact... I'm NOT going to let her ruin the rest of my night. I'm going to go out right now to the beach and practice my soccer tricks; and just chill out... watch the waves. And, while I'm at it... get that one approach per day that I vowed I'd do. :)

I'm going to come back with a REAL DJ STATUS REPORT. I will not tolerate failure. I will go back out there until I succeed, and then go out again, and succeed again!

...if only I had the money to buy a surfboard now... I'd go surf now, haha.

I'm going to earn some money this summer. I'm going to spend it on clothes for college, a surfboard, and save up for a vehicle/motorcycle (we'll see). :)

By the end of August I'll be ready for college - with my laptop, my motivation to succeed, my surfboard, snowboard (we gotta have fun too :)), and cashhhh for more clothes, and sttutfff to reward myself for my hard efforts at the gym and at school.

P.S. GUYS join me on my approach attempt. Go out with me in your respective towns and approach one girl per day, and post the dialogue here. You and I can learn a thing or two from our combined experiences!

Going out now... changing from my nice polo to gym clothes for soccer. Then, going to approach.. keepin' it natural.

Potbelly

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude...props to you. She stood you up...you ulearned lots of lessons as you posted...good sh1t. don't let it keep u down :up:

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Back from soccer... no approaches :(

I played soccer; I practiced some moves for tomorrows game, but I didn't bump into another suitable targets. So, I come back to you guys empty handed. Tomorrow is another day.

[edit] thanks for the support guys. i'll kick ass once i stop f'cking up. :p

Let's see what tomorrow brings.... maybe a new chick?!

F'ck maybe... i'll make it happen!!! :)

Googs

Don Juan
Reaction score
I gotta post how cool this is of you, Contender. You have the right attitude about all of this and so far it seems like it's paying off big time. Only time will tell how much stronger you will grow mentally and physically. You are awesome and a true inspiration. Keep it up, we are all pulling for ya!

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm very thrilled that you are all so supportive. It motivates me, too; when I go out there, I think about you guys. :)

But, please don't hesitate to give me advice too - negative criticism can be constructive criticism. :)

:up:

I know I'm far from perfect. I need your help to point out some of the apparent flaws, so that I may work on it.
--------------------
Update

She spoke to me, and apologized. She, apparently, didn't know that I was serious about going out with her. I built up the momentum leading to a possible date tomorrow, however she did not confirm the date, nor did she reject it.

I don't think she's that interested; or, perhaps, she's f'cking around. She's a smart girl; she knows how we play the game, it seems.

I'm not going to contact her tomorrow. I've decided to leave it to her. If she wants me, at this point, she has to come and get me - by calling, at least.

She invited me to go to the gym, but I refused; it's not my gym day.

Jester090

Don Juan
Reaction score
Re:

Hey Contender, I think what you're doing is awesome--it reminds me so much of myself ;-). I work hard in school and like you, in the gym. As a result of my superclean diet my body fat is under 10%. Being that I'm 18, I've learned that a lean, muscular body and a confident, groomed appearance aren't enough to land you chicks, however :(

I have every aspect of my life fully under control except for one: dating...and I guess that explains why I'm here. This summer, I'm concentrating on approaches and improving social skills, although my social skills are already pretty decent from what my friends say. I'll take you up on your 14-approach goal; I went out to the beach both yesterday and today; yesterday I was unsuccessful but today I approached 2 diff girls and convo went pretty well. Tomorrow I anticipate around 4 approaches.

Dude, I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like sh't if you go out and don't talk to a certain girl; I always feel that obligation to talk to every set of girls that is near me or approachable.

I have a question for you though...I think I remember you saying somewhere in this thread that your strategy when it comes to approaching girls is simply to say "Hi"....I'm curious to know how exactly you pulled off that 5-girl set of hotties at the beach that one day when they surrounded you and you got all their #'s. That's very impressive and I would like to learn what you did that time.

Stay Strong & Keep Improving....

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jester090 said:
Hey Contender, I think what you're doing is awesome--it reminds me so much of myself ;-). I work hard in school and like you, in the gym. As a result of my superclean diet my body fat is under 10%. Being that I'm 18, I've learned that a lean, muscular body and a confident, groomed appearance aren't enough to land you chicks, however :(

I have every aspect of my life fully under control except for one: dating...and I guess that explains why I'm here. This summer, I'm concentrating on approaches and improving social skills, although my social skills are already pretty decent from what my friends say. I'll take you up on your 14-approach goal; I went out to the beach both yesterday and today; yesterday I was unsuccessful but today I approached 2 diff girls and convo went pretty well. Tomorrow I anticipate around 4 approaches.

Dude, I know exactly what you mean when you say you feel like sh't if you go out and don't talk to a certain girl; I always feel that obligation to talk to every set of girls that is near me or approachable.

I have a question for you though...I think I remember you saying somewhere in this thread that your strategy when it comes to approaching girls is simply to say "Hi"....I'm curious to know how exactly you pulled off that 5-girl set of hotties at the beach that one day when they surrounded you and you got all their #'s. That's very impressive and I would like to learn what you did that time.

Stay Strong & Keep Improving....
I approached them at the beach, and just said "Hi" with a smile. I, then, laid down in the sand; this is when I started talking.

I just spoke about whatever came to mind. I talked about how lonely she seemed lying down at the beach alone. I said lucky for you, I'm here to help. We played tic-tac toe in the sand, and this other game in the sand. I just chatted normally. I found out what schools they are going to, and everything. They are underclassmen in college - sophomore bound.

They were talking about doing something after... and I squeezed myself into the picture.

I asked if they plan on having fun. They said yeah, so I said "give me your cell phone for a sec" (her phone was out). I typed in my number, and I replied "then call me if you're actually serious about having fun -- you can't have fun without me :wink:"

i got everyone else's number throughout the night.

Jester090

Don Juan
Reaction score
Contender said:
I approached them at the beach, and just said "Hi" with a smile. I, then, laid down in the sand; this is when I started talking.

I just spoke about whatever came to mind. I talked about how lonely she seemed lying down at the beach alone.
Wait but didn't you just say she looked alone? How is this possible if her friends were there next to her?

Maybe I'm missing something, lol.

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Jester090 said:
Wait but didn't you just say she looked alone? How is this possible if her friends were there next to her?

Maybe I'm missing something, lol.
She was tanning. Her friends there too... nearby looking for something in their bag.

And I said, "lonely." I guess you can call it a "neg." Because, it implies "you look depressed" in a sense.

I was just teasing her though.

[edit] I've been wait listed at a decent college. The result of the wait list is in the mail. I hope I get in!!

Last edited:

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update

My First Official Field Report.

I finished my workout at the local gym, and I dropped by a restaurant in the neighborhood to grab a snack. I have a long commute home, so I needed some energy!

I placed my order, and sat down by a table with a friend. As I sit down, a beautiful - but older - woman walks in. I believe she should be around 22-24.

Anyway, as she stood in line to place her order I tried to make eye contact with her. We established it a few a times. At first she looked away quickly; then, I lost my confidence, and I turned away. Ha-ha.

Shortly after she picked up her order, she started to head out the door - inherently, passing by my table.

Me: Hey! ::smile:: Why don't you join us for Lunch?
Her: (Evidently taken aback by my boldness :up:) ..Hi...I don't have time.
Me: Why don't you give me your number, and we'll make it up?
Her: Aren't you like 14?
Me: No, I'm turning eight tomorrow. Can I get something for my birthday?
Her: Hahaha... cute.
Me: I know...riiiighhhtt. ::my food is ready:: Okay, babe, I'll see you around. You know where to find me. ::I point at the gym::

She walks out smiling.
-----------

I think I might have sounded a little slow or something though... I didn't come up with these statements right away. It took me some time. I'm not in the habit of thinking on my feet. It's like nothing else before... you can't prepare for it, or anything; you just walk into it blindly - without a 'seeing dog.'

And for the record: This JUST happened. I just returned home from the gym. :up:

Oh, and I have a one on one date with the girl I 'fu.cked up' with. Let's see if she ditched me again... haha. If she does, then I'm out.

She seems to be a tease; nothing more... The problem is... I hate giving up - in all respects - dating, school, career, etc.

I like to go after what I want. So, if I want her, I can't just "NEXT" her after a few mistakes (on either her part, or my part). Hence, I'm still in contact with her, and I tried again. So far, it seems to be effective. I had a good conversation with her; she seems - notice I said seems - to be interested.

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the thinking on your feet thing comes with time. you may find yourself thinking about the situation and great things you couldve said. this is good, reviewing and analyzing. after a while, it'll just start coming out.

you've inspired me to change my life, contender. i owe you one.

Pantalones

Don Juan
Reaction score
I've found that talking with older women is actually easier. There's no expectation to be amazing and thus, everything just flows. No anxiety, no doubts... no play either, but hey. Can't blame a guy for trying!

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
-Even though I appreciate the warm comments, I would like to hear your opinion on the subject matter; throw in your 2 cents, if you can spare it. ;)

-Going out on my date soon.

I'm REAADYYYYYYY WooO. Plus, I just took two tsp. of honey; it gets me wide-awake, and hyper. It's a good form of sugar - complex sugar, so you don't get that rollercoaster mood swing - from high to low.

I'm dressed. I'm cleaned up. Smell fresh. Gel'ed up. Contacts are in. GOOD TO GO!

Mr_rogers

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good luck, Contender. Hopefully that flakey ***** doesn't blow you off again. If she does, you should next her, because she's just playing with you, and you won't be learning much from her. Of course, that's just my opinion. Do as you see fit (as you are wont to do:up: ).

Contender

Don Juan
Reaction score
It was a bad date; she brought her friends. But, regardless it's still progress - from looking at the bigger picture.

I never spoke, let alone hung out, with women of such high social status, and with beautiful physical appearance. If I can hold a conversation, flirt, and get her to touch me the way she does... I can get anyone!

And, there's always better. :)

I'm moving on. I'll save you guys from the long speech, but I did learn a lot from this experience - what NOT to do. :D

I realized why our "relationship" went downhill - I changed since the first date. I wasn't "myself." That occurred because I was nervous.

But, I know how to deal with it now. :woo:

On a good note: I've became close friends with one of the girls. I love her... she's cool. She's fun to be with; always brightens up my day. :) And, she's hot... so I get practice on talking to 'challenging' girls. :p

I've really improved though. I was never like this before; I never spent ANY time with girls like this. There was this girl who was WAY uglier than them at school, and SHE even ignored me. HAHA

I wonder what she'd do now... beg for sex? :D

Anyway... despite the bad date, I had a good time. If I didn't have a good time, I would get the fu'k out. That's the bottom line, folks.

Just Have Fun! :up:
-----------------------

Oh, and I'm invited to a parrrrtyyy tomorrow! I'm going to practice my skillz! The problem with me though is that I'm highly selective. If the chick isn't challenging, or isn't beautiful AND has a decent level of intelligence (carrying a normal convo, etc), than I'm repulsed.

This selective nature of mine developed over night, it seemed; a few chicks hit on me when I was on that 'date.' They were the girls that I dreamed of fu'king when I was a loser...wayyy back when ;) Now, they're butt ugly! :)

It's like I was drunk for my entire life, and I just sobered up. I have the POWA. I control my own lifeeeeeee.

I ffeeeeeeeeel goooood, and I know I shooouuuullld :up: