"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

contacts or glassess?

trump _tight21

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2004
Messages
22
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Tennesse
whats up to all the players on the board. i just wanted to know what yall thought was better to wear. i used to wear glasses and i didn't get any interested signs from any girls back in the day. now that i started wearing contacts it seems that i have recieved alot of interested signs and eyecontact from alot of cute girls. i also find that contacts are somewhat more comfortable too. so any of you guys have a specific one you prefer over the other or any similar experiences to mine?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
I prefer soft disposable contacts, I get much more attention and smiles when not wearing glasses, plus I look better without glasses and my clothing looks better without the glasses.

I noticed people treat me differently when I wear glasses compared to when I dont wear glasses?

I heard some people think glasses are a sign of weakness? thats why back in elementary and high school other kids made fun of kids with glasses, because it was a sign of weakness or being a sissy.
 

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 21, 2004
Messages
1,576
Reaction score
3
Location
south west, uk
Yes, it was suggested to me here to ditch the glasses and I wear daily disposables, but bought some 'designer' frames as well. They have a very subtle tint and I like them.

To be honest, I've not noticed any women coming over and grabbing my crutch since getting contacts.

But this could be down to a new problem that's emerged - Panda eyes! Yes now I've got white circles around my eye, I look like I've been on an Everest expedition.

You just can't win.:D
 

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 24, 2004
Messages
538
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Location
Dayton, Ohio
i wear contacts and glasses. i prefer contacts, just b/c i hate glasses. but if i cant get my contacts in, i wear my glasses.
i've gotten tons of "you look so good in glasses" from chicks, when they normally see me in contacts.

personally, i hate wearing glasses.
 

“The 22 Rules That Turned Me From Invisible to Irresistible With Women… Starting Tonight”

You can skip the expensive cars, the fancy clothes, and the endless gym selfies. Completely unnecessary.

I used to freeze the second a beautiful woman looked my way. Frustrated. Awkward. Watching other guys walk away with the girl while I stood there tongue-tied.

Then I discovered 22 simple rules that rewired my entire dating life. The anxiety vanished. Conversations flowed effortlessly. Women started chasing me for a change.

These rules trigger a woman's subconscious attraction switches. And you can start using them tonight.

Read more...

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
if you wear contacts you will have more of the Alpha male image, I noticed some guys will look down if I make eye contact with them, going without glasses gives me a more masculine look. makes me look more powerful and confident.

in movies they often use glasses to sterotype a certain actor, or to give him a less intimidating appearance, tough guys in movies never wear glasses.

a good example...

actor: Sylvester Stallone or Jean Claude Van Damme both wear prescription glasses in real life, but they dont wear them in the movies, because it wouldnt look right for the image or character they are trying to portray.
 
Last edited:

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Hmm, I wonder if the opposite of this is why I find a chick with glasses (a nice pair, not a stupid coke bottle or tacky pair) very attractive.
sometimes a nice pair of thin glasses make a woman look more sophisticated and sexy or more innocent looking...

glasses sometimes make guys look more "preppy" or highly educated and successful and mature...

but they can also make a guy look "nerdy" or weak, something not desirable for a man's image, since the man is supposed to be the provider and protector...
 

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 19, 2004
Messages
791
Reaction score
2
Location
www.blackmenvent.com
I wear glasses or contacts, depending on my mood. The only difference is that when wearing contacts, it is easier to establish eye contact. Other than that, there really isn't much of a difference. I think it's important when you wear glasses, to spend some money on fashionable designer frame and thin lenses.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 28, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
i use to wear "dorky" glasses, and being ASIAN, people thought I was a math geek :rolleyes:

So I tend to get asked for help in math class, girls, guys, and even people from outside my class... until I tell them to look up my score up on the wall

hahaha but I was class clown in it, the math teacher use to pick on me and since I sit next to his table :( I usually say funny or insult-in-a-good-way things back to him... I am glad he did pick on me! he made me popular and few girls attracted to me because they thought I was funny

always back to the topic

I got my lasek surgery done, although I don't think it improved my look. Now people say I look "scary" or "bad ass" type now, and yet all the naughty sluts don't attracted to me!?!? I thought they attracted to the bad asses :rolleyes:
 

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 13, 2001
Messages
3,010
Reaction score
5
Sometimes wearing a fashionable pair of frames can enhance your look. But make sure you balance it out with a healthy, robust physique - the contrast will have chicks intrigued.
 
Top