contacts or glassess?

trump _tight21

Don Juan
Reaction score
whats up to all the players on the board. i just wanted to know what yall thought was better to wear. i used to wear glasses and i didn't get any interested signs from any girls back in the day. now that i started wearing contacts it seems that i have recieved alot of interested signs and eyecontact from alot of cute girls. i also find that contacts are somewhat more comfortable too. so any of you guys have a specific one you prefer over the other or any similar experiences to mine?

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
I prefer soft disposable contacts, I get much more attention and smiles when not wearing glasses, plus I look better without glasses and my clothing looks better without the glasses.

I noticed people treat me differently when I wear glasses compared to when I dont wear glasses?

I heard some people think glasses are a sign of weakness? thats why back in elementary and high school other kids made fun of kids with glasses, because it was a sign of weakness or being a sissy.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, it was suggested to me here to ditch the glasses and I wear daily disposables, but bought some 'designer' frames as well. They have a very subtle tint and I like them.

To be honest, I've not noticed any women coming over and grabbing my crutch since getting contacts.

But this could be down to a new problem that's emerged - Panda eyes! Yes now I've got white circles around my eye, I look like I've been on an Everest expedition.

You just can't win.:D

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i wear contacts and glasses. i prefer contacts, just b/c i hate glasses. but if i cant get my contacts in, i wear my glasses.
i've gotten tons of "you look so good in glasses" from chicks, when they normally see me in contacts.

personally, i hate wearing glasses.

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you wear contacts you will have more of the Alpha male image, I noticed some guys will look down if I make eye contact with them, going without glasses gives me a more masculine look. makes me look more powerful and confident.

in movies they often use glasses to sterotype a certain actor, or to give him a less intimidating appearance, tough guys in movies never wear glasses.

a good example...

actor: Sylvester Stallone or Jean Claude Van Damme both wear prescription glasses in real life, but they dont wear them in the movies, because it wouldnt look right for the image or character they are trying to portray.

Last edited:

PoloBlue

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
Hmm, I wonder if the opposite of this is why I find a chick with glasses (a nice pair, not a stupid coke bottle or tacky pair) very attractive.
sometimes a nice pair of thin glasses make a woman look more sophisticated and sexy or more innocent looking...

glasses sometimes make guys look more "preppy" or highly educated and successful and mature...

but they can also make a guy look "nerdy" or weak, something not desirable for a man's image, since the man is supposed to be the provider and protector...

So Many Ways

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear glasses or contacts, depending on my mood. The only difference is that when wearing contacts, it is easier to establish eye contact. Other than that, there really isn't much of a difference. I think it's important when you wear glasses, to spend some money on fashionable designer frame and thin lenses.

tom121

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i use to wear "dorky" glasses, and being ASIAN, people thought I was a math geek :rolleyes:

So I tend to get asked for help in math class, girls, guys, and even people from outside my class... until I tell them to look up my score up on the wall

hahaha but I was class clown in it, the math teacher use to pick on me and since I sit next to his table :( I usually say funny or insult-in-a-good-way things back to him... I am glad he did pick on me! he made me popular and few girls attracted to me because they thought I was funny

always back to the topic

I got my lasek surgery done, although I don't think it improved my look. Now people say I look "scary" or "bad ass" type now, and yet all the naughty sluts don't attracted to me!?!? I thought they attracted to the bad asses :rolleyes:

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes wearing a fashionable pair of frames can enhance your look. But make sure you balance it out with a healthy, robust physique - the contrast will have chicks intrigued.