"You Can't Argue a Woman Into Liking You"

You made your case like a lawyer. Stable job. Good guy. Ready for something real. All true. All irrelevant.

She weighed your points, nodded along, felt nothing — then fell hard for some tattooed bartender with a motorcycle and a gambling problem.

Logic is where attraction goes to die. The "22 Rules" work a level deeper, on the subconscious switches that decide within minutes whether you register as a MAN or as part of the furniture.

Stop presenting evidence. Start flipping switches.

Read more...

confused

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
Hey guys, I've been reading DJ for awhile now I just never posted. Anyways to my story:

I started bowling in this league on wednesday nights for fun and money. So the first week I go there, I happen to notice this very attractive blonde girl about my age.

The first week, I just try and flirt with her and I managed to grab her eyes. Throughout the night, I notice her looking my way several times. Anyways, the next week im bowling and on the score sheets it gives birthdays. So I happen to notice her name (i knew her name from the bowling screens) on the birthdays. Later on that night before she leaves, I go up to her and wish her a happy birthday. I didnt think to ask for her number and it didnt really matter too much since I see her every week.

The following week she wasnt there unrelated to me, I guess she just couldnt make it.

So the next week rolls by and she is there again. Again, I notice her looking my way through the duration of the night. So I make the decision to see if she wants to go out. When she walks by, I stopped her and said this, "Can I ask you a question?" she replies by "Sure". Then I go onto say, "Would you like to go out one day?" and she just replies "Well I have a boyfriend". Then I just say ok, see you later.

The confusing part is why does she flirt with me if she has a boyfriend? Do you think there is anyway I still have a chance? I thought for sure I had it in the bag but thats the way it goes I guess.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

jiro77

Don Juan
Joined
Jan 15, 2003
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Minnesota
I don't know why she keeps looking at you, but how much conversation have you actually had with her? If it was just "Happy Birthday!!", I think you need to establish more rapport with a girl first by talking with her before asking her out. If this was all that you had said to her, she might have been a little intimidated and uncomfortable because you are a complete stranger to her. If you don't feel too akward now, I would just act like nothing happened and just try to chat with her.
 

hyd

Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
28
Reaction score
0
Location
Netherlands
try to be a bit more secure and challenging in your approach

saying this to a girl; "Would you like to go out one day?"

will sound in her ears like; I will wait my entire life for you untill you give me that one day out with you!

prolly sounds bit to needy for that chick, been there myself ;)

make 2/3 mins little chat than ask for phone or email dont say when you will call, or if you will ever call at all
 

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 18, 2004
Messages
961
Reaction score
16
Location
Maryland
It was a spontaneuos thing and I should of thought it out more. It doesnt really matter, I'll just play it off like nothing happens the next time i see her. Then I will go from there.
 
Top