Confused

ikonik

Don Juan
Reaction score
Recently I came across this girl on bumble who only listed her IG handle in her description, I decided to DM her not really expecting anything out of it. She responds and after a few messages we eventually meet up for coffee. However, when I initially brought up getting to know her offline, she responds 'i'm always down to make new friends. of course.' I was pretty disappointed with that and at first didn't want to meet her. Because what's the point of being on a dating app if you aren't looking for anything other than a relationship/fwb? I decided to go through with it anyways because I don't even know anything about her or her intentions. Later she posts an IG story about how she met me and she says she 'hopes this is a new friendship' something like that. At this point I'm pretty confused. Yes I went around the purpose of bumble (where girls are able to choose who they want to contact) but if a girl only puts her IG handle in her profile, I mean, that's like asking guys to DM them.

So now I'm still pretty confused where I stand with her, whether our coffee was a date or just a meet up/getting to know each other thing. I think she may just want to take things slow because I still haven't even gotten her number and we are still communicating via IG DM. She was pretty touchy feely with me during the coffee (touching my arm a few times) but she seemed like she is the confident type and she is also from Europe so it could be that. I just need some clarification.

Webb91

Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls will throw around words like friendship and friends usually when there is no interest. But here’s another thing. Even when a girl really likes you some will still throw those same words around to test your reactions and stuff. He’ll iv even banged girls and made girls my girlfriend when they have mentioned the friends word before. Watch their actions is the moral of the story never go on what a women says watch we she does and if she comes in close proximity of you. If she’s touching you that’s a start. But when girls put their IG handle on dating apps it’s usually to increase their follower count and have loads of men follow them to seem popular and get attention. Personally these Europeans can be a bit family orientated and do things the correct way of course some are different so maybe she uses that friend word before getting into serious stuff. It does sound like she isn’t that attracted mind and you should go no contact see if she reaches out etc. You will know for defo then if no messages or calls.

lamath

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
They’ll be no confusion if she is interested. It will be perfectly clear.
+1

Read this

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Many girls on Tinder and Bumble go on there "looking for friends." Bumble specifically has a separate category for finding friends, yet people still look for them in the Date category. Annoying, but with apps like that I guess it's par for the course.

Don't overthink this. No need to be confused. Just go out with her a few times and make sure it ends up at your couch the next few times. In fact, go out with someone else before you meet her again. On the 3rd meet is when to have sex, a little wine might help.