Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Computer Science Personal Projects?

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's my Winter Break again. I'd like to continue programming over my break to get some coding projects under my belt, and stay in practice.

What kind of things could I be programming?

I had thought about teaching myself a bit of web development. Or maybe trying to build an additive synthesizer from scratch.

I'd like you guys opinion on what I could build. It would help my resume too.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ask students who've taken the succeeding classes you're about to about the material that's being covered and you can try to pursue some of that to be better prepared for what's coming. You can probably find bookstores (online or brick-and-mortar) which have textbooks w exercises that you can do.

logicallefty

Reaction score
It's hard to answer this without knowing what your career goals are. I've been doing some Python programming at my day job which is Information Security/Network Security. Python is all about automating tasks that old school network guys have typically done by hand like program routers and switches and firewalls. IT now is all about "what can be automated to save you time so we can pile more work on you". Python is similar to what Perl used to be if you know much about that.

MessedUpLearner

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's my Winter Break again. I'd like to continue programming over my break to get some coding projects under my belt, and stay in practice.

What kind of things could I be programming?

I had thought about teaching myself a bit of web development. Or maybe trying to build an additive synthesizer from scratch.

I'd like you guys opinion on what I could build. It would help my resume too.
I'll probably do that too Nick. I'll focus on building a website where I can share my CV + building some Telegram bots using Python so I can learn the language. However, I have final exams too so we'll see how much time do I have available to personal projects.

Not long ago I developed a simple C++ program with a workout routine where you can keep track of the weight and the exercises you have to do each day. It's pretty simple but if you have github we can work on that if you want.

What is your speciality? Artificial Intelligence, Software, Websites?

evan12

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would do something about IoT or AI , I know many students get hired just because their project was about one of the hot techs , after talking with them , it sounds they just use Azure and AWS api to make the calls, however they still got hired.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll probably do that too Nick. I'll focus on building a website where I can share my CV + building some Telegram bots using Python so I can learn the language. However, I have final exams too so we'll see how much time do I have available to personal projects.

Not long ago I developed a simple C++ program with a workout routine where you can keep track of the weight and the exercises you have to do each day. It's pretty simple but if you have github we can work on that if you want.

What is your speciality? Artificial Intelligence, Software, Websites?
My concentration is Software and Scientific Applications

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I would do something about IoT or AI , I know many students get hired just because their project was about one of the hot techs , after talking with them , it sounds they just use Azure and AWS api to make the calls, however they still got hired.
AI is really big right now for sure. I actually plan to take a class on that in the next Fall.

nicksaiz65

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing as you're pretty focused on money why not create a finance app?
That could be fun. Especially seeing that I have an Android now. I've heard that it's more enjoyable programming for Androids than Apple Devices. Heck maybe I can use it to make sure my money doesn't go down the drain next semester lol.

Last edited: