Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

"Coming on too strong" test

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a girl tell me "Why I come on so strong " when I approached her, what does this test mean exactly ? I approached her with extreme confidence. I really did not know how to respond and fumbled it a bit.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe your approach was very direct and she wasn't used to it or prefers a different style.

M

member160292

If you have extreme confidence, you would have came up with a response outta yo ass. Assuming she’s in college, you just need to have fun and run with YOU!

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Need more details.

One term that isn't talked about enough is "calibration". People respond differently to certain stimuli, etc. which is why its always important to read some one correctly or you risk making them uncomfortable by coming on too strong.

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I recently had a girl tell me "Why I come on so strong " when I approached her, what does this test mean exactly ? I approached her with extreme confidence. I really did not know how to respond and fumbled it a bit.
What did you say to her?

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Need more details.

One term that isn't talked about enough is "calibration". People respond differently to certain stimuli, etc. which is why its always important to read some one correctly or you risk making them uncomfortable by coming on too strong.
What did you say to her?
I just told her the usual, how are you , so on and so forth small talk, but I had a very confident attitude. She was walking and I told her to stop. She did and then we talked. She was lapping it up the whole time, I did get her contact too, the "too strong comment" is the only part I fumbled just a bit, had never heard that one before.

FlexpertHamilton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares. Don't listen to what women tell you, only observe their actions.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I second @Howiestern comment. When approaching or "gaming" women you cannot have a one-fits-all approach. It takes finesse and like Howie said calibration.

I've said this a few times here before, not just in "gaming" but in any human interaction, the ability to be socially aware and read people's body language is key in a meaningful interaction.

To your point, confidence and assertiveness is key but take can be expressed slightly differently with different people. Once you master that ability, you will become a more personable conversationalist.

Modern Man Advice

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not cooperating, which means that she's not interested. If a girl likes you, she won't start whining and complaining and trying to tell you what to do as soon as you introduce yourself.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It means you made her feel uncomfortable and she potentially sees you as desperate

thermodynamic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She's not cooperating, which means that she's not interested. If a girl likes you, she won't start whining and complaining and trying to tell you what to do as soon as you introduce yourself.
No she was VERY into my approach. This is just one comment that she had that I got confused with- she liked the initial approach very much.