Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

College Approach Journal

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally decided to start a journal in the hopes that it will motivate me to start approaching already. I'm still a newb and virgin, and I've scoured the DJ Bible too many times already without actually putting anything into practice. My goal is to approach several hundred girls on campus and see what happens. I will get the hang of this.

Please feel free to offer constructive criticism as I go through my cold approaches.

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #1

I walked 10 min early into class and sat next to HB7, leaving one empty seat in between us.
Me: Hey, is this __ class?
HB: Yea
Me: Ok good, because last week I went to the wrong classroom for this class. I was so embarrassed. (truth)
HB: Haha
Me: By the way, what's your name?
HB: __
Me: Nice to meet you. I'm __. Where are you from?
(skipping 5-10 min worth of fluff talk here about college, fast forward until class ends)
Me: Hey do you want to be study buddies with me? (smile)
HB: Yea sure!
Me: What's your phone number?
Me: Got it.
HB: Can you call me, so I have yours too?
Me: Yea sure.
Me: Your name is __ right?
HB: Right
Me: What's my name?
Me: Yup. Cya! (smile)

Iron

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good way to break the ice, keep it up. Word of advice, if you plan on approaching 100s of women on campus, remember not to get labeled as "that" guy.....the one who hits on every chick in sight. Make it feel natural and you're set. Good luck.

CageFighter505

Reaction score
Man now you're out there doing it instead of reading about it so I respect that. Keep up the good work. I'm about to head out and sarge right now (it's Mexican Independence Day so campus is crazy tonight -- gotta run!).

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #2

HB7.5 walks into class and sits next to me in the front of class. She initiates conversation.
HB7.5: Can I sit here?
Me: Sure...Were you here last week?
HB7.5: Yeah, why?
Me: I'm just curious (lame i know). What's your name?
HB7.5: __
HB7: Australia. I'm an exchange student.
Me: Oh cool. Do you know __?
HB 7.5: No, who is that?
Me: He was an exchange student from Australia last semester. We were really good friends.
HB7.5: Was he an __ major too?
Me: Yeah, we took __ together.
HB7.5: Cool
Me: Do you know that girl on youtube from australia? She's asian and she's like really popular.
HB7.5: Oh I know who you're talking about! I forgot her name.
Me: Yeah, she makes like millions of dollars from doing that stuff
(in walks her male friend, who i know is probably in the friendzone, he gives off that nice guy AFC vibe, they say hey to each other, he sits to left of me, we introduce each other, i shake hands with him)
HB7.5: Oh! Now I remember! Her name was __!
Me: Yea!
(class starts, in the middle of class...)
HB7.5: Does that say __ on the chalkboard? (everything's in a whisper)
Me: Yeah, this class is so hard.
HB7.5: What?
Me: This class is so hard.
HB7.5: Oh, yea.
Class finally ends
Me: I heard that this is the hardest class on campus. (truth)
HB7.5: Oh really?
Me: Yeah...do you want to be study buddies with me?
HB7.5: *giggle* oh alright sure
HB7.5: How about I find you on Facebook. Write down your name and I'll find you on facebook. *she hands over notebook and pen to me*
Me: Ok (F***!!!!! is what is going through my head)
HB7.5: So your name is __
Me: Yup.
HB7.5: Where are you from?
Me: __
HB7.5: __?
Me: Yep
Me: Cya!
HB7.5: Have a nice day!

Any input would be nice. Should I next her? No contact? What can I learn from this experience?

Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:

HB7.5: How about I find you on Facebook. Write down your name and I'll find you on facebook. *she hands over notebook and pen to me*

Any input would be nice. Should I next her? No contact? What can I learn from this experience?

I would've said, "I don't use Facebook. It's too impersonal, anyway."

This works all too well, since where I currently go to school it's almost an unspoken norm to have a Facebook. And not having one throws people off so much

Since you didn't her number, it's really your call. I'd let this one go and move on. College is too busy to get hung up on one woman who says 'no.'

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #3

It's been awhile because I've been really busy with other stuff. However, I finally got to trying another approach. It's not really that impressive though.

*tap HB5.5 on the shoulder*
Me: Excuse me. I was just wondering if we could be study buddies?
HB 5.5: ...sure!
HB5.5: ### and send me a text message to make sure
Me: I'm calling you right now...are you getting it?
HB5.5: Yea I got it.
Me: Cool. Yeah I feel so lost in this class... *truth*
HB5.5: *chuckle* My name is HB5 by the way!
Me: Nice to meet you HB5.5! *smile* Are you free sometime this weekend?
HB5.5: Yea I should be.
Me: Awesome!

Exams are coming up, and I really was in serious need of a study buddy. I exchanged a few words with her before this a long time ago in class, and she developed oneitus for me ever since. She's always given me lots of eye contact and sat near me in class.

Is it bad that a HB5.5 showed so much interest in me? From what I've read on sosuave, unattractive girls show interest only in guys who they believe are within their league and despise attractive guys, so this kind of worries me.

spinaroonie

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you asking to be girl's study buddies? Do you want to fvck them or study with them?

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
i seriously needed a study buddy in my last approach.

i also feel like studying with HBs is a win win situation because i get to focus on improving my grades while picking up girls at the same time. i kill two birds with one stone

but i guess from now on, what you recommend is going straight for the number?

SPEAK

Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
Approach #2

HB7.5 walks into class and sits next to me in the front of class. She initiates conversation.
HB7.5: Can I sit here?
Me: Sure...Were you here last week?
HB7.5: Yeah, why?
Me: I'm just curious (lame i know). What's your name?
HB7.5: __
HB7: Australia. I'm an exchange student.
Me: Oh cool. Do you know __?
HB 7.5: No, who is that?
Me: He was an exchange student from Australia last semester. We were really good friends.
HB7.5: Was he an __ major too?
Me: Yeah, we took __ together.
Me: Do you know that girl on youtube from australia? She's asian and she's like really popular.
HB7.5: Oh I know who you're talking about! I forgot her name.
Me: Yeah, she makes like millions of dollars from doing that stuff
(in walks her male friend, who i know is probably in the friendzone, he gives off that nice guy AFC vibe, they say hey to each other, he sits to left of me, we introduce each other, i shake hands with him)
HB7.5: Oh! Now I remember! Her name was __!
Me: Yea!
(class starts, in the middle of class...)
HB7.5: Does that say __ on the chalkboard? (everything's in a whisper)
Me: Yeah, this class is so hard.
HB7.5: What?
Me: This class is so hard.
HB7.5: Oh, yea.
Class finally ends
Me: I heard that this is the hardest class on campus. (truth)
HB7.5: Oh really?
Me: Yeah...do you want to be study buddies with me?
HB7.5: *giggle* oh alright sure

When girls do this sort of sh*t to me I just give them a wicked smile and say something really ****y and funny like, "Why! So you can stalk me and print off my pictures and put them on your wall!? I don't think so sweetheart!"

You have to say that with some humor of course.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
i seriously needed a study buddy in my last approach.

i also feel like studying with HBs is a win win situation because i get to focus on improving my grades while picking up girls at the same time. i kill two birds with one stone

but i guess from now on, what you recommend is going straight for the number?
Be careful when you mix women and class work. With some exceptions of course, very attractive women aren't the smartest. I'm a college student just as you are and I've tried this and it got put in the friend zone. Find the right place where to draw the line between getting laid and getting school work done.
Both are important to guys our age, find time for both.

Regarding the girl who wanted to find you on Facebook:
l
I would have immediately nexted her; in fact, I would have said something like "nah, maybe we'll run into each other later." This simple and small sentence says "I'm not desperate. If you're not willing to give me your #, I'll find someone else who will. I don't need you."

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
as a matter of fact, i later found out that the girl who wanted to find me on facebook has a boyfriend

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #4

I'm waiting for my laundry to finish in the laundry room. HB7 walks into laundry room and opens up the machine with my clothes in it.

Me: Oh yea that's mine
HB7: You're done with it?
Me: Yeah *bending over to take out my laundry*
Me: Do you live around here?
HB7: No, you see, I actually live on the xth floor, but the machines were all being used so I came down here.
Me: Oh so you actually go up and down every floor to see if there are unused laundry machines?
HB7: Haha yea. I just want to get my laundry done today.
Me: Yeah, today is laundry day. Everyone's doing their laundry today.
HB7: Yeah I know
Me: I think it's because Thanksgiving break is coming up so everyone just wants to get it out of the way. *stuttered a little bit here, had to repeat myself*
HB7: Yea
Me: Oh s***, I just remembered. I think another guy left his stuff here so he could use the machine next.
HB7: Oh really, could you not tell him?
Me: Yea i'll just be like "oops sorry i was in the bathroom" or something haha
HB7: Haha, thank you so much. *and then she left*

It happened so quickly. I didn't know at what point I could have introduced myself and number closed without coming across as awkward. The whole conversation took place while she and I were moving clothes in and out of the machine. I wanted to establish more rapport, but she just left after she finished putting all her clothes in the machine and thanking me.

Again, constructive feedback is welcome. Or maybe I should just stop over-analyzing every approach, be more comfortable in my own skin, and keep approaching more HBs?

Approaches: 4
Phone Nos: 2
BJ: 0 (does not include lays and BJs)
Lays: 0

Deicide

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thechosenone2190 said:
I'm waiting for my laundry to finish in the laundry room. HB7 walks into laundry room and opens up the machine with my clothes in it.

Me: Oh yea that's mine
HB7: You're done with it?
Me: Yeah *bending over to take out my laundry*
Me: Do you live around here?
HB7: No, you see, I actually live on the xth floor, but the machines were all being used so I came down here.
Me: Oh so you actually go up and down every floor to see if there are unused laundry machines?
HB7: Haha yea. I just want to get my laundry done today.
Me: Yeah, today is laundry day. Everyone's doing their laundry today.
HB7: Yeah I know
Me: I think it's because Thanksgiving break is coming up so everyone just wants to get it out of the way. *stuttered a little bit here, had to repeat myself*
HB7: Yea
Me: Oh s***, I just remembered. I think another guy left his stuff here so he could use the machine next.
HB7: Oh really, could you not tell him?
Me: Yea i'll just be like "oops sorry i was in the bathroom" or something haha
HB7: Haha, thank you so much. *and then she left*

It happened so quickly. I didn't know at what point I could have introduced myself and number closed without coming across as awkward. The whole conversation took place while she and I were moving clothes in and out of the machine. I wanted to establish more rapport, but she just left after she finished putting all her clothes in the machine and thanking me.

Again, constructive feedback is welcome. Or maybe I should just stop over-analyzing every approach, be more comfortable in my own skin, and keep approaching more HBs?

Approaches: 4
Phone Nos: 2
Approach all types of women on a regular basis. It doesn't matter if they're not cute or hot, because some women I approach on campus are just "practice" and nothing more. It's all about getting yourself outside that comfort zone, and that does take a little bit of overthinking unfortunately. Constantly try to improve yourself to become a better conversationalist. And I hope you've done more than 4 approaches in the past couple months. I've gotten past the point of "I need to cold approach everyday" and instead I just try to let my approaches flow together, though I need to be in that mindset that an approach could be just around the corner. And it usually is.;) Good luck, I've done about 40-50 approaches since the middle of October or so, and I've gotten zero dates, just 4 attempts at dates. But remember, the more we put ourselves out there, the better we are. And I did get a facebook/number close off a girl with her boyfriend as well, that was unusual.

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
you're absolutely right. hopefully, i can knock out 500 approaches by the end of this school year (aim for the stars, and you'll land on a cloud right?)

i don't know what is up with these women with boyfriends. they just love to swing branches. at least they're a good ego boost

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
Approach #5

Today, after I got back from gym, I felt sooo down on myself. I was in ultra AFC mode, thinking about how lame and void my love life was. I got so pissed at myself that I put back on my gym clothes and left my room to go sarging. I was planning to sarge at the gym. But as I was walking through the lobby of my dorm, I set my sights on a HB6.5 sitting by herself in a chair with nothing to do. I walked straight up to her and, while still standing in front of her, said

Me: Hi!
HB6.5: Hi.
Me: What's your name?
HB6.5: *Giggle* ___
Me: Nice to meet you. I'm __. *extend hand* Where are you from?
HB6.5: __
Me: Oh cool!
HB6.5: So what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Are you going home?
Me: Yep, I've leaving this evening.
HB6.5: Yeah, me too. I'm waiting here for my friend to go home.
Me: Cool! Is where you live near __?
HB6.5: Kind of. Where I live is more ___ of here.
Me: What high school did you go to?
HB6.5: __
Me: Oh ok. Do you know __ high school?
HB6.5: Oh god. We hate them
Me: Haha. My best friend is from __ and he went to __. So is your high school like __?
HB6.5: Yea, blah blah (i forgot what she said here)
Me: I bet all your friends from high school go to school here too.
HB6.5: Well, not all of them. Some of them do. A lot of them go to __. Have you heard of __?
Me: Yeah, I know. Most high schools around here just go to ___, ___, or ___. You probably see your same friends over and over again haha.
HB6.5: Oh look here comes my friend!
Me: Cool! I got to get going, but let me give you a call sometime. What's your phone number?
HB6.5: Haha! ok it's ---
Me: Mmhmm...
HB6.5: ---
Me: Ok
HB6.5: ----
Me: You said ----?
HB6.5: Yup
Me: Got it. Well it was nice meeting you ___! Have a good night!
HB6.5: You too!

And then I walked BACK in the direction from where I came to go to my room again. *slaps head* I basically came down from the elevator to sarge in the lobby and went back up the elevator to my room again with my gym clothes on without ever going to the gym! lol

Approaches: 5
Phone Nos: 3

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
just called her on sunday around 9:30pm, and she didn't pick up. when i got to her voicemail, i realized i called her by her wrong name at the end of our last conversation. *slaps head again* i REALLY suck at remembering names. *sigh* at least i learned something from this: get the damn girl's name right next time

NEXT

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
instead of calling girls str8 up...if you're looking to build comfort
hit them up on facebook chat. it works

IOS

Don Juan
Reaction score
I always enjoy reading college approach journals, since I can relate to them the most. Glad to hear you're starting to approach on campus, but what about at parties, bars, etc?

thechosenone2190

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah, i do plan to hit up some parties on campus since theyre free and within walking distance. however, there are 2 downsides to parties. firstly, the girl/guy ratio is always horrible. secondly, one of my best friends/wingman left to study abroad this semester, and the rest of my geeky friends don't party, so i can only go to parties by myself, which would be a bigger challenge. however, i do plan to go to some parties by myself as soon as i hear about them and i find spare time.