Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Colin Powell VS Black Widow Void

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not the point I'm trying to make. The point I am making is that the polio vaccine protects a person (even one person) from taking it. It doesn't require everyone to take it to be effective within the person who has taken it. Science.
Flat out wrong. The efficacy of the polio vaccine rises to ~99% after four doses. The mRNA covid-19 vaccines are just now receiving authorization for dose 3 and have been over 90% effective with only two.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Flat out wrong. The efficacy of the polio vaccine rises to ~99% after four doses. The mRNA covid-19 vaccines are just now receiving authorization for dose 3 and have been over 90% effective with only two.
I never mentioned the number of doses. My post is correct. A person vaccinated against polio doesn’t require other people to be vaccinated for it to work.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Clearly opinions are like ars'eholes. Everybody's got one.
(which is why they don't matter).

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Provide a successful vaccination program where 40% of the population refuses to participate.
Again, you’re shifting the focus because you know I win the argument which is that a successful vaccine protects a single person from the disease. When millions of single people take that same vaccine, the disease is eliminated as is the case with polio.

Billtx49

Reaction score
Pfizer news released today that their booster raised efficacy to 95.6%.
Three shots. I call that on track with polio vaccine development …

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Again, you’re shifting the focus because you know I win the argument which is that a successful vaccine protects a single person from the disease. When millions of single people take that same vaccine, the disease is eliminated as is the case with polio.
The argument is just wrong. If 40% of a population does not participate, the disease cannot be eliminated.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The argument is just wrong. If 40% of a population does not participate, the disease cannot be eliminated.
I never said it would be. You are obviously triggered and responding to what you think I’m saying. I’ll leave it here till you cool down. Read my posts again if you really want to constructively converse but I suspect you are just on a trigger and lashing out at the antivaxxers using me. Ttyl

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never said it would be. You are obviously triggered and responding to what you think I’m saying. I’ll leave it here till you cool down. Read my posts again if you really want to constructively converse but I suspect you are just on a trigger and lashing out at the antivaxxers using me. Ttyl
The evidence is clear that covid-19 vaccines work. The only fully vaccinated people dying are immune compromised, as Gen. Powell was. They need herd immunity to be protected. We only see “eradicated” disease outbreaks (like measles) in anti-vax communities. Until COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory to participate in society, it will not be a “successful” program.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm okay with those that wish to get the vaccine and or masked. I make my choices., You make your choices.
That's basically my stance. I understand the argument for those who want to force everyone to get it, but I don't agree with it. And it isn't the same as abortion, because abortion involves a third life.

Powell was, in many ways, a classic Covid death. He was older than the average lifespan in the US (he was 84), and he had coexisting conditions - a blood cancer that suppresses the immune system. Vaccines can't do everything, in fact they need your immune system in order to work.

I heard his somewhere, thought it was clever, and true: Two weeks to flatten the curve has become two years to flatten the country.

Modern Man Advice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Putting the whole Covid-19 and vaccinate mandates aside, I actually met and spoke to Colin Powell a few years ago. He seemed like a fine gentleman and decent human being.

To your point, even if he had his own opinions on vaccination, he was a fine human being. And that is how I judge people. Not by their opinions but by their humanity. With so much polarization on every single thing out there, we simply often forget to be decent human beings.

My two cents. I'm out.

Modern Man Advice

Billtx49

Reaction score
I understand the argument for those who want to force everyone to get it, but I don't agree with it.
I don’t agree with vaccine mandates either. I think it would be more than sufficient for the unvaxxed to understand that they could be contributing to the pandemic length and future death count, then take appropriate action, but when they continued to not recognize that human life vs. serious virus fact, the reality is that those in government unfortunately felt they had to make the decision for them.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don’t agree with vaccine mandates either. I think it would be more than sufficient for the unvaxxed to understand that they are contributing to the pandemic length and future death count, then take appropriate action, but when they continued to not recognize that human life vs. serious virus fact, the reality is that those in government unfortunately felt they had to make the decision for them.
I think people should be vaccinated. It's unfortunate that Covid, and the vaccine, were politicized early on - which tends to entrench people in their positions, whatever that may be. Firing people for not getting vaccinated just adds to the labor shortage. Even if we vaccinated everybody, we wouldn't be wiping out Covid.

What is the difference between this and vaccinating children to attend school?
I'm guessing you're not talking about Covid vaccinations here. Parents have to make the decisions for their children if they want to enroll them in school. It's another thing trying to convince a 45 year old guy to take a vaccine when he doesn't want to. But diseases like polio and measles are more dangerous than Covid, especially to children.

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm guessing you're not talking about Covid vaccinations here. Parents have to make the decisions for their children if they want to enroll them in school. It's another thing trying to convince a 45 year old guy to take a vaccine when he doesn't want to. But diseases like polio and measles are more dangerous than Covid, especially to children.
It’s a pretty direct choice; vaccinate the kids or they don’t attend school. Why should COVID-19 vaccinations be treated any differently?

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It’s a pretty direct choice; vaccinate the kids or they don’t attend school. Why should COVID-19 vaccinations be treated any differently?
I'm not against vaccinations so I'm probably not the best person to ask, besides I did note some differences. I do question the need to vaccinate kids for Covid though, since they aren't the most vulnerable population (average death higher than life expectancy), and reportedly are more prone to severe side effects.