Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold-Approaching at Gym

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sure it can be done but I haven't really ever attempted it. I feel it is fairly difficult given most everyone has headphones/earbuds on and are in the zone while they exercise. I know I typically don't like to be bothered while I lift because I am in my own space away from work and all of the other trials and tribulations of daily life. I imagine a lot of people feel this way. Generally when I have had success cold-approaching it is in a social setting or at the grocery store, etc. This is a bit different in my mind.

What are some tactics DJs have used with success for cold-approach at the gym? There is a woman in particular, a HB 8.5 or so, at my gym that typically is there in the morning when I am. She always has ear buds in and usually is just going through her routine and not speaking to anyone. Wouldn't mind breaking the ice but just walking up to her to strike up a conversation in this setting seems a bit tricky.

Thanks, fellas.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My gym has a free WiFi option.. I have often stopped a chick training near me & asked her if she knows what the free WiFi password is.. Then used that to start off a little conversation etc.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My gym has a free WiFi option.. I have often stopped a chick training near me & asked her if she knows what the free WiFi password is.. Then used that to start off a little conversation etc.
Good option...they have a big sign at the front desk at the one I usually go to so I am not sure how well that would work

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Barrister This is long but probably something useful to you

I've been into the gym and around it's culture for over a decade now. I've approached women at the gym a total of 4 times, plus some spontaneous interactions that I wouldn't count as approaches. I'll give you some advice by sharing the stories of the 4 I did approach.

1.First ever real approach was almost 4 years ago, there was this hispanic woman that I started seeing regularly and she had the most amazing ass I've ever seen in my life. I really wanted to approach her but hesitated because it wasn't something I had done before but I ended up doing so when by chance we were both in the warmup area by ourselves. I walked over to her and just asked her what her name was and we spoke for like 10 minutes and I let her go back to her workout. I saw her a few days later and she positioned herself near me and when I approached she was really open and said how she had no plans later and asked what I was up to. I asked for her number and she then said that she had to tell me she was seeing someone, which I wasn't expecting. I just told her if she found herself single I'd be interested in going out and left. After that she'd approach me at the gym, touching me, etc. This went on for like 3 months and she ended up asking me out but reminded me of the boyfriend. I didn't follow through with it and after that we stopped talking and by chance she no longer went at the same time.

2. The other one I approached was around the same time as the story above in a similar manner, just walking up and asking her name. She was another hispanic girl from CA who was really short but had a great ass as well. This one was a little more awkward and not as open but would go out of her way to engage with me. However, something about her felt off to me on an intuitive level and I decided not to pursue.

3. This was from summer of 2018. There was another super hot latina that started going to the gym at my time and I decided to approach her, she was in between one of her sets on the leg raise station. I just walked over to her and waved, she took her headphones off and I asked her what her name was and we spoke for like 10 minutes before letting her get back to her workout. I saw her a few days later, she waves and comes over to talk to me and we discussed things we liked to do and hiking came up. She said she was free later and wanted to go, we lived in a similar part of town, and we exchanged numbers. She ended up ghosting me for a couple weeks and long story short it just ended up with her leading me on and being an attention *****. Months later I found out she did this to literally dozens of men regularly and bounced from boyfriend to boyfriend like a ping pong ball.

4. Fall of 2018. There was this light skinned black girl I had seen there for a while who always stared at me and would make extended eye contact, so I decided to approach when we were in the yoga/aerobics room by ourselves. She was a bit awkward but I asked for her number and told me she had a boyfriend, to which I replied saying it was nice to meet her and walked away. She literally would go out of her way to say bye or hi to me, approach me, etc. This went on for a few months and I asked her out again and she reminded me of this supposed bf, she never had one, and she literally didn't understand why this was happening. At the time I'm thinking why this woman has been going out of her way to talk to me just for attention when I've clearly already asked her out and expressed interest. After that she stopped approaching me and we just went about our lives, though I could tell with her body language she felt awkward whenever I was there despite it being entirely her fault lol.

To sum it up, it's best to try to get them when the gym isn't super busy and when they are doing something like stretching, warming up, in between sets, etc. I think it's also important to be able to pick up on when they aren't interested or if they are just leading you on/attention whoring, as it can rather easily turn into a very awkward situation if you go at the same time.

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bumping into them (literally) works occasionally
Depending on your sense of humor.

This is my favorite line after bumping into them:

"Woah! I didn't know you were there. This gym is too small" <-- use this at larger gyms

"Woah! I didn't know you were there. This gym is too large" <-- use this at smaller gyms

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Been working out at gyms since 2005, and I'm now convinced that most women go to gyms for the same reason they go to bars: they want to be entertained and/or ego-boosted.

Several years back I started focusing on working out with 100% effort, and since then I haven't made much of an effort at picking up women in gyms.
I can assure you that ego boosting is not the only reason women go out to bars. I was a house DJ for many years in clubs and I can tell you probably 1/4 of the women or more there who were single were getting fvcked afterwards by someone they just met.

B80

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I can assure you that ego boosting is not the only reason women go out to bars. I was a house DJ for many years in clubs and I can tell you probably 1/4 of the women or more there who were single were getting fvcked afterwards by someone they just met.
Were they all on holiday... in Vegas;)

Problem with gym is if you go there all the time, run the risk getting a reputation, or worse.

Guess indirect is the way, see how receptive they are over a few chats.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Barrister This is long but probably something useful to you

I've been into the gym and around it's culture for over a decade now. I've approached women at the gym a total of 4 times, plus some spontaneous interactions that I wouldn't count as approaches. I'll give you some advice by sharing the stories of the 4 I did approach.

1.First ever real approach was almost 4 years ago, there was this hispanic woman that I started seeing regularly and she had the most amazing ass I've ever seen in my life. I really wanted to approach her but hesitated because it wasn't something I had done before but I ended up doing so when by chance we were both in the warmup area by ourselves. I walked over to her and just asked her what her name was and we spoke for like 10 minutes and I let her go back to her workout. I saw her a few days later and she positioned herself near me and when I approached she was really open and said how she had no plans later and asked what I was up to. I asked for her number and she then said that she had to tell me she was seeing someone, which I wasn't expecting. I just told her if she found herself single I'd be interested in going out and left. After that she'd approach me at the gym, touching me, etc. This went on for like 3 months and she ended up asking me out but reminded me of the boyfriend. I didn't follow through with it and after that we stopped talking and by chance she no longer went at the same time.

2. The other one I approached was around the same time as the story above in a similar manner, just walking up and asking her name. She was another hispanic girl from CA who was really short but had a great ass as well. This one was a little more awkward and not as open but would go out of her way to engage with me. However, something about her felt off to me on an intuitive level and I decided not to pursue.

3. This was from summer of 2018. There was another super hot latina that started going to the gym at my time and I decided to approach her, she was in between one of her sets on the leg raise station. I just walked over to her and waved, she took her headphones off and I asked her what her name was and we spoke for like 10 minutes before letting her get back to her workout. I saw her a few days later, she waves and comes over to talk to me and we discussed things we liked to do and hiking came up. She said she was free later and wanted to go, we lived in a similar part of town, and we exchanged numbers. She ended up ghosting me for a couple weeks and long story short it just ended up with her leading me on and being an attention *****. Months later I found out she did this to literally dozens of men regularly and bounced from boyfriend to boyfriend like a ping pong ball.

4. Fall of 2018. There was this light skinned black girl I had seen there for a while who always stared at me and would make extended eye contact, so I decided to approach when we were in the yoga/aerobics room by ourselves. She was a bit awkward but I asked for her number and told me she had a boyfriend, to which I replied saying it was nice to meet her and walked away. She literally would go out of her way to say bye or hi to me, approach me, etc. This went on for a few months and I asked her out again and she reminded me of this supposed bf, she never had one, and she literally didn't understand why this was happening. At the time I'm thinking why this woman has been going out of her way to talk to me just for attention when I've clearly already asked her out and expressed interest. After that she stopped approaching me and we just went about our lives, though I could tell with her body language she felt awkward whenever I was there despite it being entirely her fault lol.

To sum it up, it's best to try to get them when the gym isn't super busy and when they are doing something like stretching, warming up, in between sets, etc. I think it's also important to be able to pick up on when they aren't interested or if they are just leading you on/attention whoring, as it can rather easily turn into a very awkward situation if you go at the same time.
Thanks for the stories. Good stuff.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am sure it can be done but I haven't really ever attempted it. I feel it is fairly difficult given most everyone has headphones/earbuds on and are in the zone while they exercise. I know I typically don't like to be bothered while I lift because I am in my own space away from work and all of the other trials and tribulations of daily life. I imagine a lot of people feel this way. Generally when I have had success cold-approaching it is in a social setting or at the grocery store, etc. This is a bit different in my mind.

What are some tactics DJs have used with success for cold-approach at the gym? There is a woman in particular, a HB 8.5 or so, at my gym that typically is there in the morning when I am. She always has ear buds in and usually is just going through her routine and not speaking to anyone. Wouldn't mind breaking the ice but just walking up to her to strike up a conversation in this setting seems a bit tricky.

Thanks, fellas.
If you are still struggling with AA, don't worry about it in the gym. It is more complicated because of the venue, perceived loss of social value for all parties involved, and female ego mania knows no bounds. As a result, a 5 thinks she's a 10 where a female 5 blows out a 6 male just for optics. She may had ****ed otherwise but, if others see her ****ing with a 6, 7 males aren't going to bother anyway.

Get past AA. My routine is to spam approach but calibrated. Go in, lift, leave but nuke social dynamics in the gym. Not be the creepy dude interrupt her in mid squat or glute ham kick backs.

Assume that the interaction is a few sec. Exit. Re approach. Wash rinse repeat. Acquire digits. Do it in a discreet manner. Exercise social equity. Ideally, it's not the best. There's a gym culture and if yiu ain't got aesthetics and perceived social equity, it won't end well. Similar to the optics of OLD.

GOOD PRACTICE - Holiday season free weeks pass outside your location.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Thanks, fellas.
Depends on if you pass her looks test. If you don't then its just game over before you start as she'll probably get up and move to another area of the gym if you go near her, and if you do then there is probably nothing to it, with very little game as the other chadlites are advising. Obviously this didn't work for George Sodini https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Collier_Township_shooting, so its not for everyone.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not into approaching women at the gym. It's definitely a creep move. When I'm at the gym, I care about nothing but my workout.

Now, if its a situation where it happens, it happens.

As a I mentioned before, I had a bud who met a girl at the gym, and eventually started banging her at the gym in the sauna. Long story short, she had a husband and chose her husband over him, though she will sleep with him still on random occasions that she chooses. I still remember how bent he was over the whole situation..

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Were they all on holiday... in Vegas;)

Problem with gym is if you go there all the time, run the risk getting a reputation, or worse.

Guess indirect is the way, see how receptive they are over a few chats.
I'm not into approaching women at the gym. It's definitely a creep move. When I'm at the gym, I care about nothing but my workout.

Now, if its a situation where it happens, it happens.

As a I mentioned before, I had a bud who met a girl at the gym, and eventually started banging her at the gym in the sauna. Long story short, she had a husband and chose her husband over him, though she will sleep with him still on random occasions that she chooses. I still remember how bent he was over the whole situation..
Your primary reason for going to the gym should be to workout. However, if you feel the desire to approach a hottie at the gym and the opportunity arises I say go for it. I see way more attractive women at the gym than any time I've gone out to the bars of clubs. With that said, I'd also not make a habit of approaching every woman you see there that you are attracted to and would lean towards the side of being very selective. As I mentioned, it can potentially get very awkward if you are a regular and run into these women over and over again.

@r4zorsharp I had a guy I used to hang out with who told me a story about a milf in her late 30s that went to the la fitness location he frequented. She'd wear these very tight and revealing gym outfits and would intentionally position herself to workout in front of men to get attention. He said that he was sitting on a machine and she was bent over doing rows right in front of him where you could see her cleavage, stuff like that. I guess she was married but I'm not sure if she picked up men or was just attention seeking. The thing is, women like this can be easy to spot and avoided, not worth the drama.

r4zorsharp

Banned
Reaction score
Your primary reason for going to the gym should be to workout. However, if you feel the desire to approach a hottie at the gym and the opportunity arises I say go for it. I see way more attractive women at the gym than any time I've gone out to the bars of clubs. With that said, I'd also not make a habit of approaching every woman you see there that you are attracted to and would lean towards the side of being very selective. As I mentioned, it can potentially get very awkward if you a regular and run into these women over and over again.

@r4zorsharp I had a guy I used to hang out with who told me a story about a milf in her late 30s that went to the la fitness location he frequented. She'd wear these very tight and revealing gym outfits and would intentionally position herself to workout in front of men to get attention. He said that he was sitting on a machine and she was bent over doing rows right in front of him where you could see her cleavage, stuff like that. I guess she was married but I'm not sure if she picked up men or was just attention seeking. The thing is, women like this can be easy to spot and avoided, not worth the drama.
Oh for sure man. I mean I would not actively go after any women, even if she did exactly what you said in that anecdote.

But like you said, many times girls will do that **** for attention, but the moment when a guy approaches them, it freaks them out. and its like "wtf man she was giving me all these signs, literally asking me to fu.ck her practically".. and yet she freaked out and moved to a diff part of the gym after he approached her. I think they do it just for attention. Girls who really want to f.uck, will go to the club, not the gym lol. (common sense)

Also to add to the notion of attention seeking, in my own personal life i noticed that anytime I am doing something and I'm really focused on it, women like to try and get my attention.. its like they're constantly battling for our attention just to be validated all the time. Men kind of get our highs off accomplishing goals and things, women get their highs off attention.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
@Barrister

I was actually thinking about posting something similar, as there are some women I see at the gym regularly that I find attractive and have wanted to approach. There is nothing wrong with it, but as I mentioned in my post above it's better to be very selective with who you approach and not to make a habit of it. If you by chance run into an attention *****, which is possible, just cut it off and move on. I think the problem is when you get some inexperienced guy who doesn't know what to look for and he catches feelings, overlooks red flags, etc. and isn't able to move on. If it's someone you see there on any sort of regular basis approach and talk to her for a bit and then go back to your gym routine. Next time you see her you can get an idea if she is feeling it or not and make a move. Don't linger around her and continue interacting if there are any signs of rejection, leading on, etc.

Also, I know of a few guys who were or are in relationships with women that they met at the gym so it's definitely possible.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh for sure man. I mean I would not actively go after any women, even if she did exactly what you said in that anecdote.

But like you said, many times girls will do that **** for attention, but the moment when a guy approaches them, it freaks them out. and its like "wtf man she was giving me all these signs, literally asking me to fu.ck her practically".. and yet she freaked out and moved to a diff part of the gym after he approached her. I think they do it just for attention. Girls who really want to f.uck, will go to the club, not the gym lol. (common sense)

Also to add to the notion of attention seeking, in my own personal life i noticed that anytime I am doing something and I'm really focused on it, women like to try and get my attention.. its like they're constantly battling for our attention just to be validated all the time. Men kind of get our highs off accomplishing goals and things, women get their highs off attention.
From my observations and experiences, there are indeed a lot of attention *****s at the gym but they are easy to spot. I think women like these, especially the more extreme ones that are going out of their way to encourage interactions like this, could simply just be labelled as "crazy chicks". If you read my post on #4, the 3rd girl did this to tons of guys, it's just how she interacted with the world as her whole existence was based around the amount of attention she can garner, particularly from men. Again, women like this are actually very easy to spot.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a big believer in gym approaching, more so at fitness classes offered by the gym than in the general weight room so that there's an easy solution for the earbud problem. Also, right now, some fitness classes are outdoors.

I've had both bad and good experiences with gym and fitness class approaches.

sangheilios

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am a big believer in gym approaching, more so at fitness classes offered by the gym than in the general weight room so that there's an easy solution for the earbud problem. Also, right now, some fitness classes are outdoors.

I've had both bad and good experiences with gym and fitness class approaches.
What were your good and bad experiences like, could you share some of your experiences?