Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cold Approach vs. OLD

AttackFormation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Part of the reason swipe apps don't work (and this was true of websites before them) is that no one wants to be on them. It's truly a last resort.
I think it's more so women who dont want to be on them than men, which is one reason why theyre so male dominated. Women on the whole are more anxious about social status and social impressions, and also more cowardly (like being too cowardly to send a first message). Men simply adapt to womens' opinions on social status as regards dating, they dont make the rules.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice work. I'm curious to know if you have done other approaches recently besides these 3? If so, how many rejections?
I usually don’t even ask for a number if I get the feeling they’re being cold. I’ve approached a few where the vibe was off and I just aborted. Interestingly I feel the hotter women are more open to cold approach than the less so.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I usually don’t even ask for a number if I get the feeling they’re being cold. I’ve approached a few where the vibe was off and I just aborted. Interestingly I feel the hotter women are more open to cold approach than the less so.
Cool. I was trying to see what your ratio was for cold approaches (rejections compared to lays). I totally agree with the last sentence. Some of my harshest blowouts for cold approach (night game) were from mediocre type women. My friend was telling me that some of them like to reject good looking men because it makes them feel good and/or because they think that a good looking guy would only be interested in them for a lay.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
Getting dates from cold approach is extremely satisfying, there is just no emotion with OLD. OLD is so lifeless in comparison.

I suck at text game and prefer to actually talk to women in person.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Wasn’t an indictment on you, brother. Although as a salesman I am surprised you wouldn’t enjoy gaming women. Interesting.
I don't understand how you could be good at sales but not good with talking to women? I was in sales also and it helped tremendously.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice work! Many guys on this forum think that cold approaches with seduction tactics leading to bangs doesn't happen. But it sure does.

Seems like you calibrate your approach style very well too, which is key. It's not a numbers/spam approach game. It's a "having Game" Game.
I absolutely think you have to adapt approach style depending on your environment. I would not use the same approach in the furniture store as a bar. I also am very selective in who I approach. I have to be physically attracted to the woman or I won’t approach. I’m not just going to talk to every female that is my vicinity.

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool. I was trying to see what your ratio was for cold approaches (rejections compared to lays). I totally agree with the last sentence. Some of my harshest blowouts for cold approach (night game) were from mediocre type women. My friend was telling me that some of them like to reject good looking men because it makes them feel good and/or because they think that a good looking guy would only be interested in them for a lay.
Yes - couple weeks ago what I just described happened. Approached what I would say was a HB 6.5-7. Was just trying to be friendly/charming with her to start and she was having none of it. I had checked for a wedding ring prior so that wasn’t it. She was very catty and cold towards everything I said. I wished her a good night and exited without asking for a number. No point.

characternote

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes - couple weeks ago what I just described happened. Approached what I would say was a HB 6.5-7. Was just trying to be friendly/charming with her to start and she was having none of it. I had checked for a wedding ring prior so that wasn’t it. She was very catty and cold towards everything I said. I wished her a good night and exited without asking for a number. No point.
Exactly. That's what people mean by 'numbers game', but not everyone understands that lol
Idea is that whether you have 'game' or not is irrelvant if you open a girl who isn't interested/attracted.
Game is about banging the receptive girls which is what you done. Very well by the sounds of it

Barrister

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Exactly. That's what people mean by 'numbers game', but not everyone understands that lol
Idea is that whether you have 'game' or not is irrelvant if you open a girl who isn't interested/attracted.
Game is about banging the receptive girls which is what you done. Very well by the sounds of it
Thanks, brother. My best tactic is simply to try to have a normal conversation with them to begin. You can instantly tell if there is interest within the first 2-3 minutes. If there is, I make myself more charming and start steering the conversation towards getting a number. It usually works - but I’ve had some failures like everyone else.

You can also tell if they just are being friendly right back. Which is fine - because usually they have friends that will walk up to join the conversation if you’re in a bar. Just takes practice like anything else.

oldmanofthesea

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice work brother, and I agree completely about OLD. Been about three or four years now since I was on one and I've never looked back.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I absolutely think you have to adapt approach style depending on your environment. I would not use the same approach in the furniture store as a bar. I also am very selective in who I approach. I have to be physically attracted to the woman or I won’t approach. I’m not just going to talk to every female that is my vicinity.
Once I started getting into doing non-bar approaching, I made my non-bar approaches different than my bar approaches. This makes sense.

Everyone has an approach like that where the woman is having none of it. The best thing to do then is exit, as you did.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried that. No luck in person. Online it seems to work however.
To each their own.

Sarge mate I recommend both. I am addicted to the chase of approach but I limit it to a handful per day. Purpose > vjj!

BeExcellent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice job @Barrister ! Glad you are enjoying yourself and your successes.

As others have noted I find OLD to be a complete waste of time. Legit high SMV people (male or female) have more interest than they can possibly entertain and IRL there is no need to do it. I did it once almost 5 years ago for a week. Dropped it since and have not looked back. I didn’t have hours to go through all the responses, few of which I had any interest in…

A few years ago BigNeil posted my avatar on photofeeler and it rated a 9+. And probably from people much my junior. I have men chat me up constantly (which gives my boyfriend a healthy dose of competition anxiety) and therefore I don’t see a need to do one more thing online.

Really desirable people don’t need to be on OLD. You have to be open socially and able to carry a conversation with someone off the cuff…but you don’t need OLD.

Congrats & Cheers

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried it. Hundreds of women. I got tired of being a fly buzzing against a window
It's funny. I always found it the opposite with OLD. I always prefer pickup. Scoring vs scoring on a open net. No goalkeeper. In fairness, the past year of pandemic hasn't been a great time for people in general. I'm finding unless stupid high interest, it's go nowhere.

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's funny. I always found it the opposite with OLD. I always prefer pickup. Scoring vs scoring on a open net. No goalkeeper. In fairness, the past year of pandemic hasn't been a great time for people in general. I'm finding unless stupid high interest, it's go nowhere.
I’ve been doing ok but definitely not as good as in past years. I do have a semi regular fwb. I think she wants a man who will take care of her but is sticking with me till she finds one. Regardless I’m still looking for women.

As for cold approach, my style of direct and sexual that works online doesn’t seem calibrated for cold approach

SargeMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the many problems with OLD is that is overpopulated with the bottom of the barrel trash. How? Women who have a decent
social life, job, interests are either in relationships, plate spinning or/are getting hit on constantly in REAL. These women would not consider a dating application as they have no need.

The bottom of the barrel trash? They have a need for dating applications because they are not getting hit on at least on a regular basis in REAL. Many of them have "problems". They will have issues that are impeding them from having successful social interactions in REAL.

Here's the kicker: These women know that they are bottom of the barrel but will get a false ego boost from getting matches or messages. They will arrogantly look down at the men who they match with or who send them messages because they know you have had to lower yourself to use OLD. They resent you. You are already starting from minus 1. Minus 1 and bottom of the barrel trash. You will try to wade through the bottom of the barrel ****e in order to find.....something above. The weariness will make you lower your standards. It's a trap.

Enter at your peril. OLD is the domain of the woman.

Every women I met on OLD had something not quite right with her. Ever be on your second drink with a female thinking "damn I would do her and i will do her, but I can't stand to be another minute in her company". In REAL you know the vibe upfront.
I can’t speak for anyone else, but I’m not the most socially alpha chad. I do what works

Sam_J

Don Juan
Reaction score
I tried it. Hundreds of women. I got tired of being a fly buzzing against a window
It actually takes thousands of approaches to get results for most guys. But well worth it. Look up Mike mehlman

Reaction score
I can confirm that I have noticed this as well. There are some odd exceptions here and there but most of the times, it is the hideous looking women or older women well past their prime that are the harshest. I notice it in group settings too where the ugliest girl will say the harshest things to a guy even when her attractive friend is feeling him.

Reaction score
It always warms me to hear good cold approach stories. For me, I have never seen it pulled off as much in real life and I keep reading about it working. I have seen so many good looking women in my city and tried online dating here that I already notice the gap. I've had about 250 matches on Hinge to date, 30 on Bumble, and 30 on Tinder. I'd say most of these women at best are in the 7s range with some weird quirk to them.

As for daygame, I feel like it can have a higher ceiling but it does seem quite awkward. Most people do not seem to be open to talking to strangers as much and it is tough from what I notice to go from stranger making small talk to guy that wants to be in bed with you. Like I cannot imagine how that transition would look like.