Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Cohabiting question

andy87

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good day folks, I was speaking to a work mate today and he was telling me someone he knows was staying with his girlfriend, he was the home owner, paid most of the bills and bought most of the things for in the house, he got home one day and all the stuff in the house was gone and she had left, this surely can't be right, he's the homeowner and she leaves with all the stuff, they weren't married. Anyone know the laws regarding this situation? I'd this is true then I will never let anyone move into my house. Thanks andy

flowtheory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good day folks, I was speaking to a work mate today and he was telling me someone he knows was staying with his girlfriend, he was the home owner, paid most of the bills and bought most of the things for in the house, he got home one day and all the stuff in the house was gone and she had left, this surely can't be right, he's the homeowner and she leaves with all the stuff, they weren't married. Anyone know the laws regarding this situation? I'd this is true then I will never let anyone move into my house. Thanks andy
Depends how long they lived together first off. Because if it’s under the cohabitation agreement they could have not even passed the allotted amount of tome where things get messy.

Even if they were together for two years say, she wouldn’t be entitled to all the belongings. Would be half.

First thing I would do is contact a family lawyer though because everything, if pursued, would have to go through some sort of court or mediation

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Common law is a mother****er, there was a story in Alberta about this guy who was locked out of his own house by his girlfriend and his mom, they changed the locks and stole his house, the law on their side and everything.

The thing here is that if a woman calls domestic abuse on you, they just take you to jail, no questions asked, it's the law out here

Lookatu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he was the home owner, paid most of the bills and bought most of the things for in the house, he got home one day and all the stuff in the house was gone and she had left, this surely can't be right
He was her sugar daddy/resource provider and didn't even know it. Guys need to learn to identify manipulative, deceptive leeches in this world. I hope he learned his lesson.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The house itself is likely more valuable than all the possessions that she stole, so she didn't get half of the total value. If common law is a thing in that guy's state then he's probably screwed. That said, ff this happened to me I would call the police and charge her with theft

Scaramouche

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi Andy,
Word of advice from a fool....Walk away from it,an even worse curse than entitled females is the Law and all its evil and avaricious practitioners...It's a bitter pill to swallow but a valuable lesson to learn,never let them get their feet under your table!

KindredSpiritzz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My buddy is going thru something kind of similiar . He lived with a chick for about 5 yrs in his house, he runs a garage door company and she runs her own accountant business. She stops wanting to have sex, becomes a ***** so he kicks her out and within a year finds someone new and marrys her. Now his ex is suing him for 80k because "shes entitled to some of the money he made in his company while she was with him". They have been apart for over a year now at least, hasnt gone to court yet but he's plenty pissed he has to hire attorneys to fight it. She used to do his books too and he discovered she did some creative accounting and gave herself some nice bonus's for her "work" without him knowing. I can only imagine how miserable he'd be had they actually gotten married. Women think they are entitled to everything a guy has, its crazy.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
It's theft of property but how would he prevent it unless he is home 24/7?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
My buddy is going thru something kind of similiar . He lived with a chick for about 5 yrs in his house, he runs a garage door company and she runs her own accountant business. She stops wanting to have sex, becomes a ***** so he kicks her out and within a year finds someone new and marrys her. Now his ex is suing him for 80k because "shes entitled to some of the money he made in his company while she was with him". They have been apart for over a year now at least, hasnt gone to court yet but he's plenty pissed he has to hire attorneys to fight it. She used to do his books too and he discovered she did some creative accounting and gave herself some nice bonus's for her "work" without him knowing. I can only imagine how miserable he'd be had they actually gotten married. Women think they are entitled to everything a guy has, its crazy.
He's lucky she left. She didn't have to. She could have made him evict her.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
actually he almost had to and when she left she left a huge mess, did some damage and took stuff that wasnt hers. He was just so glad to get rid of her he didnt care.
If there is one thing people on this forum need to understand and take very seriously it is the laws regarding a person who establishes residency(in some states it only requires 2 weeks) at a place and their legal rights. It can be a very lengthy and costly process to get them to leave and even if you own the house you cannot just make them leave.

If you are not the landlord it is even worse because you cannot evict them only the landlord can and the landlord cannot pick and choose who to evict, he has to evict everyone at that address.

RickTheToad

Reaction score
Did he have a cohabitation agreement with her? If he can provide receipts, then he can file a complaint with the cops and have her arrested for theft.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why there are so few women in prison compared to men? That's because for women it's legal to steal.