Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Coffee with sugar?

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is I have been drinking coffee to hype me up for over 10 years working in the corporate world. I feel like something is missing if I don’t have my morning coffee/s, it’s like a culture, I get 8 hours sleep each night
Im 170 days without coffee. And I had this kind of feeling very intense in the beginning. Its getting better with time, but I dont have that same motivation to do stuffs. In other hand I have less anxiety and less impulsivw behaviors.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im 170 days without coffee. And I had this kind of feeling very intense in the beginning. Its getting better with time, but I dont have that same motivation to do stuffs. In other hand I have less anxiety and less impulsivw behaviors.
That's the issue, lack of motivation. Coffee just charges up my head. Even though i know it may be bad, but what else can i do to charge myself up like that? Give me the same motivation?

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Coffee is good. Don’t worry about the haters. Drink in moderation.
It actually is good for you...is highly liver protective.

2 cups a day lowered chances for liver disease by 44%, 4 cups a day lowered it by 65%

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's the issue, lack of motivation. Coffee just charges up my head. Even though i know it may be bad, but what else can i do to charge myself up like that? Give me the same motivation?
Man, this is the hardest thing. I suffered from it so much in the beginning that I thought I would lose my job.

Then, I started to figure out some stuffs that help to make it a little better.

The main point is that, caffeine as any drugs will have withdrawal symptoms if you cut it. And your body will need a time to recover (the longer you used it, the longer the time to recover). Some people say around a year to start to get that motivation back on a normal basis. Some cases the damage could be permanent.

What I've found that improved my motivation naturally:

- not eating any junk foods.
- cutting down on sugar had a dramatically impact on that. Also on my mood.
- alcohol can mess with my motivation and also cognitive and productivity.
- sleeping patterns. Im using isochronic tones every night and it improved a lot my quality of sleeping.
- the people you allow in your life. The more toxic, the more it will impact your mood and emotion.
- also having good social interactions can help you feel happier and more motivated.
- moderate physical acitivity. Not working out until you die... Just a walk or some pushups and evolving gradually.

There are a lot more to learn from it. But I commited myself to find an answer to that and my trials and errors are giving me some interesting knowledge.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It actually is good for you...is highly liver protective.

2 cups a day lowered chances for liver disease by 44%, 4 cups a day lowered it by 65%

It's both good and really bad for you on the same time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's both good and really bad for you on the same time.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
True! And like everything in life... Every choice we made has it's price. So we must learn to evaluate which price is better to pay.

There is also some other benefits like Alzheimer's disease prevention and it helps people that have some respiratory problems.

What helped me to make the decision to quit was increasing my understanding on that. Both positive and negative side.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The amount is inconsequential unless he is drowning his coffee in them.
As far as overall diet goes, sure. I think the health aspect of the carbs also has to do with most people consuming coffee on an empty stomach in the morning. Sugar and creamer started making me nauseous afterward. Like having a coke for breakfast, it makes one's glucose spike up and then crash. It's like test driving diabetes.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True! And like everything in life... Every choice we made has it's price. So we must learn to evaluate which price is better to pay.

There is also some other benefits like Alzheimer's disease prevention and it helps people that have some respiratory problems.

What helped me to make the decision to quit was increasing my understanding on that. Both positive and negative side.
Indeed! :up:
Which is why many people do not achieve much in their life also because they don't want to pay the price to become successful in any trade of life.

It takes about 10 000 hours to get really good at something they say, (or if your for example trading stocks/forex etc.10 000 trades).

It's easier to be lazy, watch TV and Netflix, complain over your life, dreaming/playing about the idea of being rich in your head and being jealous on the guy that drives by them with that super cool Lambo than putting in the hours and do the hard work required to reach your goals.

They say that the graveyards are the most abundant and most wealthy places on earth because of all dreams, ambitions and wonderful ideas than was never put into motion and is just buried there...

Pick your poison of the pain of discipline or the pain of regret; the choice is yours. :devil:

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forced myself to learn to like black coffee when I gave up almost any kind of processed sugar, I now find sweetened coffee to be gross. The best way to do it is to buy REALLY good coffee, because that stuff tastes amazing. Once you get used to it, it's fine.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I forced myself to learn to like black coffee when I gave up almost any kind of processed sugar, I now find sweetened coffee to be gross. The best way to do it is to buy REALLY good coffee, because that stuff tastes amazing. Once you get used to it, it's fine.
Why force yourself to like something that you think taste like shiete from the start?

Personally I think coffee taste like crap; that mud taste is awful. You might as well lick some dirt off the fields. The taste is about the same.
I drink tea instead now and then and there is so many flavors to choice from that taste really good.

But hey, that's my five cents on the subject. :cool:

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why force yourself to like something that you think taste like shiete from the start?

Personally I think coffee taste like crap; that mud taste is awful. You might as well lick some dirt off the fields. The taste is about the same.
I drink tea instead now and then and there is so many flavors to choice from that taste really good.

But hey, that's my five cents on the subject. :cool:
es

I don't take coffee for the taste or benefits or antioxidants. I take it because it wakes up my tired mind instantly, and im able to focus on the task at hand. Adding milk and sugar just improves the taste. Having black coffee everyday is tough, as it tastes like crap. That was the main reason for the thread, to know if im harming the body by taking coffee with sugar. And would it ruin my muscle gains?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
es

I don't take coffee for the taste or benefits or antioxidants. I take it because it wakes up my tired mind instantly, and im able to focus on the task at hand. Adding milk and sugar just improves the taste. Having black coffee everyday is tough, as it tastes like crap. That was the main reason for the thread, to know if im harming the body by taking coffee with sugar. And would it ruin my muscle gains?
Why not just hop off the addict band wagon of coffee, sugar etc. and take a cold turkey?
I understand it is hard, but in the long run it will be worth it.

You will eventually sleep better and have more energy as your brain normalizes the number of the sleep receptors (Of which you have way too many of for the moment = make you feel really tired all the time.), you have in your brain right now.

Stopping with sugar will also eventually raise your energy levels so it's a win win where you never again will feel the need to take some chemical stuff in the morning to feel vitalized and awake. Your bio clock will start functioning normally again so you will also get a better sleep cycle too.

Also drink something you enjoy instead. Maybe it just me but I just think it is silly to eat or drink something that one really don't taste very good, so I'm not doing that to myself.

For example; I like tea because there is so many fruity flavors, its proven healthy, and it is virtually impossible to get addicted to it. You would have to drink an insane amount for that to happen...

So you drink it when you want it and enjoy it, not because its a forced life necessity.

Last edited:

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why not just hop off the addict band wagon of coffee, sugar etc. and take a cold turkey?

You will eventually sleep better and have more energy as your normalizes the number of sleep receptors (Of which you have way too many of for the moment = make you feel really tired all the time.), you have in your brain right now.

Stopping with sugar will also eventually raise your energy levels so it's a win win where you never again will feel the need to take some chemical stuff in the morning to feel vitalized and awake. Your bio clock will start functioning normally again so you will also get a better sleep cycle too.

Also drink something you enjoy instead. Maybe it just me but I just think it is silly to eat or drink something that one really don't taste very good, so I'm not doing that to myself.

For example; I like tea because there is so many fruity flavors, its proven healthy, and it is virtually impossible to get addicted to it. You would have to drink an insane amount for that to happen...

So you drink it when you want it and enjoy it, not because its a life necessity.
And how would you take care of yourself in high pressure environments?

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And how would you take care of yourself in high pressure environments?
Well..
For myself my trick is to as the first thing I do in the morning is to hit the gym at 6 in the morning everyday. It focuses my brain and my senses and I get fvcktons of energy plus a laser ray focus throughout the day.

So the first thing I do when I wake up do is to basically put my training gear on hit out as fast as possible from my flat.

I don't waste time in the gym, (example browsing the phone, texting bs etc.), I just follow my training schedule as it is a job that needs to be done; and as soon as I have finished the training I leave directly back home...

After that work and rest of the day is "easy", because I sort of already done the hardest part I can do during the day...

This works extremely well for me at least.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..
For myself my trick is to as the first thing I do in the morning is to hit the gym at 6 in the morning everyday. It focuses my brain and my senses and I get fvcktons of energy plus a laser ray focus throughout the day.

So the first thing I do when I wake up do is to basically put my training gear on hit out as fast as possible from my flat.

I don't waste time in the gym, (example browsing the phone, texting bs etc.), I just follow my training schedule as it is a job that needs to be done; and as soon as I have finished the training I leave directly back home...

After that work and rest of the day is "easy", because I sort of already done the hardest part I can do during the day...

This works extremely well for me at least.
I go to the gym first thing in the morning too, but after the workout, all I wanna do is rest and recover. My mind feels so sleepy after it, I literally have to force myself to be awake throughout the day. I haven't had coffee for more than a month now, but still miss it at times when I'm sleepy.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to the gym first thing in the morning too, but after the workout, all I wanna do is rest and recover. My mind feels so sleepy after it, I literally have to force myself to be awake throughout the day. I haven't had coffee for more than a month now, but still miss it at times when I'm sleepy.
The point of doing it in the morning is to (shock) wake up your body while you are still sleepy (Read = on the treadmill), E.G. you run in the mornings.

Strength training/muscles building will not have the same effect due to it will drain you of more energy because the body needs to use a lot of energy to build your muscles even further.

I prefer to do training with muscles/with the machines etc. in the evenings, but not everyday. That is also a good thing because your getting the benefits of sleep where 40-60ish % or so your training is really done, because during sleep that is where your body really builds you and repairs you.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
The point of doing it in the morning is to (shock) wake up your body while you are still sleepy (Read = on the treadmill), E.G. you run in the mornings.

Strength training/muscles building will not have the same effect due to it will drain you of more energy because the body needs to use a lot of energy to build your muscles even further.

I prefer to do training with muscles/with the machines etc. in the evenings, but not everyday. That is also a good thing because your getting the benefits of sleep where 40-60ish % or so your training is really done, because during sleep that is where your body really builds you and repairs you.
Ok so you prefer cardio to doing weights? That's actually the first time I have heard this. Although everyone enjoys different from of exercise so cant comment on that.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe you are overdoing it. Start slow as everything. 10 min of workout or even 5 min daily can already bring you a lot of benefits.

Remember, if you cut caffeine you will need time to recover... So dont try to push hard, otherwise thats the formula to relapse on caffeine again.

Blacksheep

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

You will eventually sleep better and have more energy as your brain normalizes the number of the sleep receptors (Of which you have way too many of for the moment = make you feel really tired all the time.), you have in your brain right now.

So you drink it when you want it and enjoy it, not because its a forced life necessity.
Just have to be careful on teas to check if there is any caffeine on it. That case would be better no caffeine teas.

Sugar is also a damn energy drainer. Not energy, but can make me more depressed after it.