Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Coffee with sugar?

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Is coffee with sugar everyday a good idea or bad? Since I started working out ive reduced my sugar intake alot. But i have seen if i dont drink coffee , it just becomes difficult to focus on other aspects of life like work or studies.

Also, I cant take black coffee, that is just unbearable.

So is coffee with sugar everyday good idea or bad? I just take one glass cold coffee with milk and sugar throughout my day. Any suggestions guys?

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk has sugar in it. Try it just milk without adding the additional sugar.

Yes, reduce sugar intake where you can.
I avoid as much as possible. I dont eat cakes, biscuits or stuff like that. But coffee? its a different beast. I dont take it for the sugar really, I take it to stay awake. And its a bad idea if I have to give up coffee, especially if im in a stressful environment.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Is coffee with sugar everyday a good idea or bad? Since I started working out ive reduced my sugar intake alot. But i have seen if i dont drink coffee , it just becomes difficult to focus on other aspects of life like work or studies.

So is coffee with sugar everyday good idea or bad? I just take one glass cold coffee with milk and sugar throughout my day. Any suggestions guys?
I'm not a coffee fan but if you are talking a single cup of coffee with a small amount of sugar it's really inconsequential.

I mean we are talking like 50 calories or less most likely. Not going to make any real difference. If you are talking about multiple teaspoons of sugar then that's a different story.

Small things like this aren't going to make much of a difference overall, unless you are turning them into much bigger things via quantity.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Creamer, sugar, and milk are all junk carbs. I use honey in coffee. It is sugar, but it does not make the same glycemic response as other processed sugars. And just fyi, most honey is fake, in that other sugars have been mixed into it during bottling. The Amish and mendonites sell the fake stuff, too. Usually you have to know the beekeeper to be sure your honey has not been diluted.

RSDCharlie

Don Juan
Reaction score
Creamer, sugar, and milk are all junk carbs. I use honey in coffee. It is sugar, but it does not make the same glycemic response as other processed sugars. And just fyi, most honey is fake, in that other sugars have been mixed into it during bottling. The Amish and mendonites sell the fake stuff, too. Usually you have to know the beekeeper to be sure your honey has not been diluted.
That's too much struggle for a cup of coffee :D !!

IKO69

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you enjoy it, add it to your coffee. It does not have a negative impact unless the amount you are putting in is equivalent to what is in a can of soda.
When I have coffee it is either straight black or I put half and half in it

9-3enthusiast

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No matter how you consume the sugar - the less you have the better..

I let myself go during my 40s, and piled on a lot of weight (I was married at the time) - Sugar was my main downfall - So when I got divorced around 50 I went on a strict 'No refined sugars' diet.
As the weight fell off and I got back to being fit... It's amazing the benefits I was getting by removing refined sugars from my diet.
As well as being lighter and fitter:
My natural hair colour came back (I had gone grey)
The fella in my pants FULLY returned to his former glory (It had become rather lacking compared to when I was younger and fitter)
My skin is way better...
You don't really appreciate the lag-effect that refined sugar has on you, until you kick the stuff.

In coffee I use honey at home - In a coffee shop I'll use a couple of low-calorie sweeteners (Always sucralose, NEVER saccharin or Aspartame)
If I'm wearing a jacket and know I'm going for coffee, I carry a small sucralose dispenser in an inside pocket.
I can happily drink coffee black or white, so I have no problem as far as milk/cream/etc goes - In a coffee shop I always get Americano, and if I have no sweetener on me, I'll add a little milk or cream.

Last edited:

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Milk has sugar in it. Try it just milk without adding the additional sugar.

Yes, reduce sugar intake where you can.
I used to drink a lot of coffee with milk ..... till I became very lactose intolerant (bah diluted weak genes I curse you). I now take like super super short blacks that are like triple or quadruple shot equivalents with Manuka honey, lucky enough to live in NZ near a honey farm so its not the fake crap like in the US or Europe. The UMF15+ is the best bang for your buck without being hideously overpriced.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
The amount is inconsequential unless he is drowning his coffee in them.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Sugar is an addictive poison, no matter how you twist and turn it. Coffee bad and good. Bad because caffeine makes you addicted and also mess up your biological watch by blocking the brain receptors that notifies that you are tired. So in theory you're in an internal sleep deprived mode, (because you don't feel how tired you really are). If you really need a sweet coffee, tea or whatever use Stevia, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia) which is the most healthy alternative.

On the plus side there are some health effects including in theory to prevent some diseases https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-...expert-answers/coffee-and-health/faq-20058339 and also a ironically positive side of caffeine is that it boosts your fat burning ability when working out/training at the gym.

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee bad and good. Bad because caffeine makes you addicted and also mess up your biological watch by blocking the brain receptors that notifies that you are tired. So in theory you're in an internal sleep deprived mode, (because you don't feel how tired you really are).
Switch to green/herbal tea at 12pm and sleeping is not a problem. Don’t drink coffee in the afternoons.

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Switch to green/herbal tea at 12pm and sleeping is not a problem. Don’t drink coffee in the afternoons.
Well best is to now have any intake of caffeine at all. Then you will have normal sleep cycle where your internal bio clock functions properly.

This is also why coffee many drinkers crash so hard, because the brain compensate for the inability to feel tired (Because caffeine blocks the receptors), by building even more sleep receptors to force you to feel tired. so even more caffeine is needed and then the brain build even more receptors.. Well you guys get the picture...;)

So once you stop with caffeine you suddenly feel like a bomb has been dropped on your head because now you have way too many sleep receptors and the brain will take some time to remove them. Like a few weeks to a month from what I read.

The brain is a fantastic marvel that you cannot cheat.:):devil:

Murk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is I have been drinking coffee to hype me up for over 10 years working in the corporate world. I feel like something is missing if I don’t have my morning coffee/s, it’s like a culture, I get 8 hours sleep each night

AureliusMaximus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem is I have been drinking coffee to hype me up for over 10 years working in the corporate world. I feel like something is missing if I don’t have my morning coffee/s, it’s like a culture, I get 8 hours sleep each night
Its like all bad habits like smoking for example. Once you take it way you will probably miss it for long time until your new habit forms of not doing/using it.

They say that it takes about 3 month to create a new habit out of an old one. In that period you will crave for it, but after that it will slowly go away.

Both sugar, caffeine and of course nicotine is highly addictive. Sugar is apparently the worst of the bunch as it is more addictive than taking crack for the human brain which is why it is so hard to stay away from it.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
I just do coffee with cream or milk.*

Coffee with sugar added directly tastes “sicky sweet” to me and makes me gag. For taste reasons alone, I can’t drink it that way.

*The milk or cream may have some sugar, but it’s far less than adding teaspoons of sugar directly to the coffee.

Last edited: