Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Coffee, good or bad?

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
So do you think coffee is good or bad for you? Would it be better to not drink coffee at all or would it benefit me to drink it?

davidchatman

Reaction score
i dont think there is too much harm besides possible dehydration with it and of coarse the creamer. i drink 3 cups a day to keep me going because i work 3rd shift. just watch how much creamer you use and drink some water throughout the day too.

dutchmaster

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I drink a cup of black coffee before every single work out. Tastes horrendous but gives me a little energy boost while helping me focus more when lifting. And it's much cheaper than those pwo drinks which are terrible for your body.

Leporello

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Tea is better for you and it has less caffeine (though in the case of strong black tea not much less).

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Difference between a drug and an ingredient is dosage. How many cups of coffee? You drinking for taste? Once in awhile to wake up? Or regularly to the point where you NEED it to wake up and feel normal at which point the coffee loses the stimulant effect and you need it for regular energy and are physically addicted. If you don't have it, you feel like ****.

Dosage.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Im thinking on drinking it for the health benefits of it, I dont drink coffee because it helps me wake up or anything like that.

TheEndOfDays

Don Juan
Reaction score
What are you trying to accomplish?

Generally speaking... caffeine is VERY bad for you. So is beer. So is smoking.

If you're trying an ECA stack, then caffeine may be a great thing for you while you cut. If you're addicted to caffeine because you drink a lot of soda/coffee and cant function without it, its may be the worst thing for you.

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Caffeine is not VERY bad for you. Neither is beer. It's all about the dosage.

Moderate caffeine intake is fine. By moderate I mean 1-3 cups of coffee per day. Coffee actually has some health benefits in moderation, as does beer. But the key is to know what moderation is. You arent going to be any worse off health-wise by not consuming these beverages, but if you do consume them moderately you will be fine.

TheEndOfDays

Don Juan
Reaction score
Colossus said:
Caffeine is not VERY bad for you. Neither is beer. It's all about the dosage.

Moderate caffeine intake is fine. By moderate I mean 1-3 cups of coffee per day. Coffee actually has some health benefits in moderation, as does beer. But the key is to know what moderation is. You arent going to be any worse off health-wise by not consuming these beverages, but if you do consume them moderately you will be fine.
Well, technically speaking, even smoking cigarettes has "health benefits".

The reason why I asked what the OP is trying to accomplish (of if its just a general question) are because things like caffeine and alcohol could be counter productive for building large amounts of mass, like bodybuilding. However, if the person is trying to cut or lose weight, those two things can help.

And... if the OP is constipated, smoking a cig can be very good for that!

;)

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not really sure if the coffee itself will have any ill effects, but watch how much cream and sugar you put in there. That can be what really makes the difference in how you feel.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why im asking is because I was recently given a boat load of coffee, literally. I want to know if I drink all of this coffee, probably $400 dollars worth, am I going to benefit from this or am I going to destroy myself. Capice.

iwanttofight

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The reason why im asking is because I was recently given a boat load of coffee, literally. I want to know if I drink all of this coffee, probably $400 dollars worth, am I going to benefit from this or am I going to destroy myself. Capice.

TheVirtualMind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
iwanttofight said:
If you drink it all at once, you will destroy yourself. If you space it out and don't go overboard, you should be fine.

prairiedog24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I actually have researched this...

Bottom line: Moderate (1-3 cups/day) coffee drinking is good for you, including caffeine. The health benefits far outweigh the negatives. Even Olympic athletes drink coffee as part of their training diet now.

Things to keep in mind:

1) While coffee is good for you, sugar is most definitely not, and we already get too much of it. No sugar, go easy on cream.

2) Coffee does not dehydrate you anywhere close to as much as previously thought, but it does not replace your regular water consumption. Period.

3) Listen to your body. Everyone reacts to caffeine differently. A friend of mine can get random anxiety attacks from only a little caffeine which definitely are NOT good for you. I can put down a loaded cup of coffee and take a nap or go to bed. It energizes me, but I never feel "withdrawal" from it.

So, the answer is... drinking coffee isn't necessary. Green tea has pretty much all the benefits and none of the negatives. But if you like it and you want to drink coffee, drink it and don't feel bad about it. Just don't be an idiot.

mrxq035

Reaction score
plain coffee is fine just don't add refine sugars, and don't drink to much, a cup a day is fine. Every thing in moderation. Just feel your own body if you notice you cant function with out it or you begin to have headaches when you don't drink it for a day, it would be a good idea to cut back because your body is becoming addicted and reliant on it. remember by definition caffeine is a drug that increases blood pressure so it is possible to become addicted. as for DIET the more you intake the more calories, more calories means more exercising to stay thin, if coffee isn't that important to you i think cutting those extra calories is a good idea.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
TheEndOfDays said:
Well, technically speaking, even smoking cigarettes has "health benefits".
Moderate drinkers live longer than abstainers. Alcohol is not on the same level as smoking at all.

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Recent (independent) research indicates that coffee actually doesn't dehydrate you much, and that much of the claimed health problems are actually untrue.

Only if you drink many cups every day.

I don't have any links for you but it's been published a lot, look on google.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Armourhead

Don Juan
Reaction score
Drink it all the time with creamer/coconut milk, and I have no health issues. In my opinion it's an excellent source for energy and fat-burning.
It actually acts as a mild anti-depressant too.

Quiksilver

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're overthinking things.

If coffee appears to be helping you in more ways than its harming you, there is your answer.

My own opinion is that it's fine in moderation, but I try to minimize the additives like milk/sugar.