Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Coffee dates are played out

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Forget coffee dates. They're played out. Try taking a chick to a Hookah place instead.

HedoRick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Agree with that! Refuse to go on coffee dates...

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to me what gets me about most guys when it comes to this issue is that they are more concerned about not ****ing up a date by doing something "wrong" / "too out there" versus doing something really right and taking a chance she might not dig it.

coffee dates show no personality whatsoever. no imagination and it's a sign of a guy who is not confident enough in himself to push boundaries.

keep detailed stats of your girls you spin and how the dates went. not every first date i've ever been on has been an action date but i've never had what i woiuld consider a positive longer term deal with a girl that stemed from a coffee date.

the more i think about it, it makes perfect sense the reemergence of coffee dates. we had pretty much weeded thats hit out on this site 5-6 years ago. no one went on coffee dates. but now with the resurgence of online dating / POF/Whatever the ****, guys who are not cold approaching girls and are using one buffer are not going to have any objections towards using another one. it's all in the same to them.

guys who have the balls to cold approach a broad are going to be more inclined to want to do something fun. like i was reading sarge's post about hte girl he approached and they went ice skating. i bet he sucks ass at ice skating lol, but you know what he got a 2nd and a third date. that's how it's supposed to work. a guy friend of mine met a girl at the mall a few weeks ago they went to the mountains on a first date saturday and he ****ed that night. going on a 2nd date this weekend. that's how you do it.

you know what's funny i've dated my wife for 3 years before we were married we have been married for almost 2 years now. we have never in our lives been out for coffee together. ever. not once i mean i've been to starbucks, she's been but we don't "go together" like to go chill or some ****. nor was it ever a date. we actually accomplished **** on our dates. we went to the beach we went and tried restaurants or we watched fireworks or we went to an aquarium or something.

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
guys who have the balls to cold approach a broad are going to be more inclined to want to do something fun. like i was reading sarge's post about hte girl he approached and they went ice skating. i bet he sucks ass at ice skating lol, but you know what he got a 2nd and a third date. that's how it's supposed to work. a guy friend of mine met a girl at the mall a few weeks ago they went to the mountains on a first date saturday and he ****ed that night. going on a 2nd date this weekend. that's how you do it.
I don't like complicated first dates. Ice skating would be a follow up. Besides, i wouldn't want them to be too intimidated or anything. Got to play it easy at first ;)

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I get that "simple" dates are boring. I've never met someone for coffee - but my usual first date is drinks at a bar. If a chick thinks that's too boring then I couldn't be bothered.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
I don't like complicated first dates. Ice skating would be a follow up. Besides, i wouldn't want them to be too intimidated or anything. Got to play it easy at first ;)

Absolutely.

If she doesn't click with me, no way I'd want to be stuck doing some activity.

Just a brief "get to know you" works best in my experience.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think the idea behind coffee dates is that it's inexpensive and there's low investment if things don't go well. I love coffee, but I would go get some coffee and then go do something else.

yyc12

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
not much to do in the middle of the week other than coffee/tea. weekends have more options.

sageproduct

Banned
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
like i was reading sarge's post about hte girl he approached and they went ice skating. i bet he sucks ass at ice skating lol, but you know what he got a 2nd and a third date.
LOL spot on. Could barely keep my balance, slipped multiple times and was [] close to falling.

I took that girl bowling a few weeks ago, she kicked my arse like 108-92. :eek:

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the only reason i would do a coffee date is because it's cheap

though i shoot pool, I'm good at it, i have my own cue and i own it

j0504s

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ConcernedLauries Bed w/ olivia...NY/SoFlo
Naughty Ninja said:
Forget coffee dates. They're played out. Try taking a chick to a Hookah place instead.
Forget that just bring em to Naughty ninjas bed or to concerned lauries feminest party!

VladPatton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Coffee. If she turns out to be some fücked up weirdo the last thing I would wanna do is spend the rest of the day with her. That would kill the actual activity and I'd associate it with her. I think I would intentionally NOT bring her to anything I'd like to have fun at until I know her better. You just don't know what you are getting.

Isn't it preached here that you leave Saturday nights for your friends, not dates? Because you don't know her well enough. I like to apply the same to first dates.

B

BeDJ

Coffee dates are great if you have excellent conversation skills.

- Able to redirect the conversation to stimulate her mind
- Able to arouse her verbally

If you are unable to do both, it is much better to grab drinks or take her somewhere fun where kino is much more natural. Coffee dates are usually before the sun comes down, so their defenses higher. It can sometimes be very hard for intimacy considering the environment. I'm able to sneak in a kiss midway during a night date, but would most likely fail when the sun is up. I'd rather have home field advantage.

rhythmic

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I totally agree, screw coffee dates. Definitely flogged to death. Also though, I don't drink coffee, so I don't have this problem! Also quite a few women suggest coffee, and when I say no and suggest an alternative, I think they like the assertiveness.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
when I think of first dates, the word "cheap" comes to mind. be damned if I'm going to shell out a bunch of money on some gal I barely know on a first date and risk not getting a second one and be out $60. screw that. I'm pretty well off financially, and it's because I think "cheap". my friends rag me about it all the time because they say "why don't you hardly ever spend money? you got it!". well no sh!t Sherlock, how do you think I "got it"? if I could skip going out all together on a first date, I'd just invite them over to my place and go from there. problem is most girls won't do that. they expect to get taken out these days. I hate meeting for drinks because drinks are expensive and I doubt I'll meet a girl who prefers drinking $1 Papst Blue Ribbon. she'll most likely want to order $7 drinks all night. hell with that. not to mention you're bringing a girl into an environment where there are TONS of lonely desperate drunk men who will make your night a pain in the @$$ because they'll try to come talk to you to "be friends". I don't mind spending the cash after the 4th date and on, but before that point I try to keep it as cheap as possible. I'm not into investing a bunch of money into a girl that I might not get a return on my investment.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Instead of Coffee you can try going to:

Ice Cream

Slot Car racing

Hookah place

Air Hockey

Walking around a mall

Pool

for drinks.

Park. (going on swings, and or picnic, walking)

Take her if you are a gym member as a one time pass to work out and also for some "proof" to other chicks in the gym. (If it doesn't work other chicks who're members will notice you and you may wind up piquing their curiosity in the future.)

Something with a little bit of action and or opportunities to feel each other up.

Coffee is okay but it's getting played out.

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll share a first date idea that worked for me onetime with this georgeous girl. the reason it works is because it's non-threatning and it's not treated as a date, but it really is IF you do your part. ask her if she will go shopping for clothes with you and help you pick out some. women love a man that dresses well, but they also like to have their opinion on the matter and let's be honest....it's shopping. what woman is going to turn that down? you're spending money on YOU and getting to spend time with her at the same time. if you have any personality whatsoever you can use this to your advantage by making her laugh, inviting her into the dressing room to "help you"(don't do this right away, gotta build some chemistry first). after she dolls you up with some clothes, offer to go get lunch or something afterwards. after lunch mention how you'd like to wear your new clothes out that she picked out for you and set up another date.

Zarky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
I don't recall reading many lay reports that began with a coffee date lol.
haha good point.

Coffee dates are sh*t because no alcohol is involved. Alcohol is the universal sex drug.