Clothing...

Yourself

Don Juan
Reaction score
I own two pairs of shoes, I wear one to school, one to work...
My school shoes are not blindingly white nor shiny and brand new...
Most of my jeans have holes. (which is conveniant because that is 'in-style')

My wardrobe essentially consist of approximately 7 t-shirts, and a few shorts and pants, all jeans.

I don't shave often expressing my rugged man chin...

I guess the reason I brought this up, being farely new, what you guys thought about this subject.

Could this be another approach instead of the preppy 'look at me'(aeropastel/abacrombie) wardrobe approach everyone is going for. Maybe the manly worker look. Would that work?

I think if you have the right amount of confidence and atitude cloths don't matter at all really. Assuming you don't advance rockin' a clown suit.

By the way I just wanted to say that I have been coming to this for a while now, and am lookin forward to being a frequent member. Before I would just browse the DJ Bible and read post. So I bit the bullet and joined, ready and willing to make a revolution in my life. Very conveniant that I got this burst of ambition with summer coming up. This will allow me a fairly nice amount of time get back in shape and work on my skills for senior year.

CrazyAsianBiker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright....

Alright yourself.

In my opinion you are partially correct.

Clothes can make a GIANT impact.

A very close friend of mine actually that i just introduced into the philosphies of this place got a makeover.

His normal dress, Worn jeans, T shirt.

T shirt a bit too big, jeans pulled up.

Bad shoes. (No offense if you read this man hahahaha.)

But anyways...

Ok, So I give him a few pointers in dress.

Simple things, I asked him to spike his hair, to get a jacket, a belt buckle, some shoes and to relax himself out a bit. Guess what happened?

This guy got compliments DAILY. He came to me everday telling me how everyone is telling him that he changed and how they like it. HOT girls telling him these things. Total amount of money spent? About 60 dollars.

He didn't look like an abercromie clone.

You NEVER want to look like a clone, what you want though, is to have clean nice clothes that look sharp. You don't need to even spend a lot of money, just look sharp.

eg. Make sure your collar is straight, starch your clothes, stand up straight, and keep everything clean.

The only thing that really makes the kicker of a difference and i don't know why is your shoes. Always get a good pair of brand name popular shoes. It's worth the money. Keep them CLEAN.

DVS, ETnies, ADidas, Puma, etc. Something brand name on your shoes REMEMBER THAT. It's one of the worlds unsolved mysteries but always make sure you have good brand name shoes.

Other than that, it is the way you carry yourself in your clothes, but always invest in small things that make a big difference. Clothes do make a difference.

You don't want to look like everyone else, but you want to look sharp.

You don't have to spend a lot of money, just spend money on things that matter the most. Jacket, belt buckle and shoes.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wear dress pants. Dress shoes. Nice dressy looking button up shirts. I've responded to posts like this enough times that everybody should know this. I keep my hair short, clean shaven. I wear some nice smelling cologne. Girls LOVE this. I'm lower middle class, but I look like I'm a rich mother effer.

Yourself

Don Juan
Reaction score
CrazyAsianBiker said:
Alright yourself.
(No offense if you read this man hahahaha.)
No offense taken.. i know My t-shirts are not too big, and I know my shoes aren't that bad. But I don't see the need to prance around with my hair gelled up. I almost never gel my hair. and I don't think I will continue. But Belt Buckle isn't a bad idea, I have been wanting one for while.

OfficeSpace

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with CrazyAsianBiker... The 2 brands of shoes that I have right now that I really like are my Puma's and K-Swiss Classics All White. It's deffinitely worth putting more money into a pair of shoes that are stylish and last longer than the cheap payless shoes that look bad, aren't brand stuff, and don't last that long.

I kinda switch shoes with whatever goes with my clothes. Sometimes I wear the Puma's with jeans because they go really, nicely. And the K-Swiss I wear with my Abercrombie shorts.

You'll just find what fits you. What may work for me might not be as good on you. Experiment around! ;)

NYC Dude

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't have to turn into a clone to look good, but you do need to expand your wardrobe past t-shirts and jeans. Polos for warm weather and collared buttoned shirts for cooler weather are both good to have, but that doesn't mean fill your closet with them. Mixing up your pants with khakis/shorts in addition to your jeans will make a difference, but again this doesn't mean buy a $100 pair of pants. Shoes, as everyone has said already, are important too. Though you might catch some flak if people find out, buying NEW shoes on eBay is an excellent way to save money on nice looking shoes. You can get $90 shoes for less than $30 as long as you have the patience for it.

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
wear what suits your body and what you feel comfortfortable in

I wear every type of style... people like me for it and I look good in every style
normally at school I'll go in tight t-shirts but at parties I need to be comfortable to dance and also the bigger the better it looks so I go hip-hop
my jeans are always baggy, but at parties I make sure that I need a belt for them to stay on my waist so I can move my legs a bit

oh for my face, do your hair how it feels and looks good also...
I tend to just wax my hair a bit so it kinda looks like an afro with a lot of air in it... even thouigh I'm white, all my friends are black so sometimes I just shave my hair or put in cornrows to my hair

Rocko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, what i do is not really peacock, but w/e. I don't give into what everyone else is wearing, which for some reason seems to be dark colors. To me that sends off an "I'm emo, I hate life" vive (although black can be awesome at times). My wardrobe normally consists of me being clean-shaven, a pair of jeans that fit me (preferable torn or faded), and a shirt that fits, that not many people have, and that is not of regular color (like light green, light yellow, light pink) something easy on the eyes. Shoes: Pumas or sandals, whichever. It doesn't cost a lot to look trendy, i buy all my **** at bargain stores where they have name brands for cheap, I have never spent more then 25 dollars on jeans and rarely ever more then 15 (max) on shirts. You are also right about confidence, i wear my **** with confidence and i get lots of compliments on em mostly because of that

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h243/shocker_beast22/new_york_121.jpg

TheMan425

Don Juan
Reaction score
i used to wear ghetto baggy stuff, now i wear kinda preppy/beach stuff that fits me. i got MASSIVE compliments when i started wearing that stuff. just change your clothing style enough so it's noticable. your hair is up to you, some people naturally look good without gel, but styling your hair might make you look a bit sharper. yeah but like that dude said, it doesnt exactly matter what you wear, just look sharp, clean, and pull it off with style :cool:

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I just say dress as nice as you're comfortable with. I will be like the millionth person (and this is the 2nd time this thread) to emphasize looking as clean as possible. Try to steer clear of anything 'popular'. Chances are the ladies won't really be all that impressed.

Dogfish

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just thought of wearing a tux everyday in school :D

would look pimp, hu?

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well,have you seen the way the guys from the band Underoath dress?Or the guys in Saosin?Or how about dillinger escape plan?That's just how I dress.

I have 6 jeans (each different color and fade),some 25 tshirts (some of them with band designs,some polos,some plain white/black crews),2 khakis and around 10 shorts.These have taken me 3 years to collect.I don't know how many shoes I have,maybe 5 or 6.

Well,check out the way the guys in those bands dress.It's pretty cool.Don't dress baggy,that sucks.Look sturdy rather than flowy.

Reaction score
UGH! I swear Underoath plays my town every 2 days. they are always playing here and it pisses me off...the singer from underoath came with another band on saturday called maylene...they all blow

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You look like who I thought you were, Darrell.
You damn hippy, you.

adit

Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha really?i've never seen underoath live lol.

its not like i like that band either..they just dress the way I do.LoL.