Classifications of men

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
zekko said:
An alpha is just a leader, the top guy in any social group or pack. There's not much more to it than that.

Alphas get a lot of attention around here because a lot of women want a "top dog", the guy with the most power or social status. A lot of pickup gurus try to sell the secrets of alpha males as a way to attract women. Be the center of attention in your group and that sort of thing.
I basically agree with this. Being the Alpha is not everything. I would guess that most people really don't want to be there themselves.

zekko said:
I notice a lot of guys around here get very angry when people talk about alpha males. I'm not sure why that is, I guess they're just tired of hearing about them. I kind of feel the same way about the term "bad boy". Bad boy just sounds inherently juvenile to me.
Yeah, I see. This is not aimed at anyone personally. The classification is there to help identify the workings of society as it is structured.

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
It sounds like you care and not care at the same time. If this topic does not help you, then why does it concern you?
i dont care to follow these rules for being "alpha" or "beta" but I care that people look so much into them.

You've been on sosuave for a while obviously you notice all the threads about whether this song is alpha or which characters in lord of the rings are alpha or if this pop star is alpha, or the way they answered a text is alpha, or if they look alpha, or if they sh!t like an alpha male.

what's funny is all of the threads i listed above are true except for the last one.

it concerns me because people here are too obsessed about putting up an alpha or beta image,

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
i dont care to follow these rules for being "alpha" or "beta" but I care that people look so much into them.
This is a website about attracting women. As such, there are certain terms you're going to see here a lot. Like AFC, for instance. Personally, I get a little tired of seeing guys dismissed as being AFC just because they're not part of the pickup community (i.e. "Some AFC stole my girl" or "I wanted to hook up with her, but she went home with her AFC boyfriend"). I agree the world is not black and white.

But you're going to see the term Alpha Male on websites like this because guys are striving to become the sort of guy that attracts women effortlessly, and becoming more "alpha" is one possible step in that direction. I agree that you don't have to be alpha to attract women, however. The Beta in the pack gets fed, and gets to mate.

Since the Alpha Male is the leader of his group, and there are a lot of different kinds of groups out there, it's probably a little disingenuous to think all Alphas share the same characteristics. Some rule by brute force, some by charisma, some because they're very good at motivating people, etc. I imagine Alphas are just as different from each other as any other group of guys.

But just as you have the right not to buy into all of this "alpha" stuff, other people have the right to study it if they like.

Last edited:

synergy1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this thing is as stupid as Kiyosaki's cash flow quadrant.

Plinco

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
synergy1 said:
this thing is as stupid as Kiyosaki's cash flow quadrant.
lol

I actually like Kiyosaki's cash flow quadrant picture. I was thinking about that when making my little graph.

Chosen1

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plinco said:
I guess this does not concern you either.
Look man I'm not the type talk ****. I just didn't like how you explained alphas. You said they are just "different" which to me is just generic. I have no problem with saying "alpha dog" when describing even myself. My problem is when guys start calling themselves alpha males. If I were to describe myself it would not be alpha beta omega gamma or whatever. It would just be a professional.

Warrior74

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
There could be a million reasons why an alpha wants to help other guys. Amusement, satisfy ego etc...

But how about the people spinning plates? In roissy's definition of alpha (ability to get women, not being a man) you'd think someone having sex/dating multiple women at the same time would be considered alpha.

True. If you follow roissy's definition. Some define it in animal terms, the biggest meanest dog in the pack. Some in social terms, the guy who is the center of attention, well liked etc. Or as Zekko said, the leader of a particular group, which means nobody is alpha everywhere, all the time, just in their group. Its a term that means too many different things to different people and so you can't reach a consensus. Then you throw in egos, and nobody wants to say "I'm a beta ***** boy" I'm a balless gamma/omega. Nobody wants that label. So they redefine alpha to fit their egos. According to roissy and the animalist I'm a beta, im not getting laid at the moment and I'm not the biggest strongest meanest dude. I'm a beta at best. According to zekko, I'm a beta at work, an alpha in my side business, and alpha amongst my friends. It's very subjective.

I rather say that I'm striving to be the man I want to be. A real man. As long as I can look at myself in the mirror with respect, I think I'm doing just fine.

Julius_Seizeher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kiyosaki speaks the truth, his Cash Flow Quadrant provides one with the best and most practical blueprint for building wealth.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Warrior74 said:
True. If you follow roissy's definition.
I'm not familiar with Roissy's definition. Are you saying he says an alpha is a guy who dates more than one woman at a time? That's just... dumb. If that were true pretty much anybody could be an alpha.
I thought the whole point was that women were attracted to guys BECAUSE they were alphas, not that they were alphas because they attract women.

Then you throw in egos, and nobody wants to say "I'm a beta ***** boy" I'm a balless gamma/omega. Nobody wants that label.
The problem is that the way beta is defined around here, beta = AFC. And nobody wants to be called AFC. Beta is not necessarily a bad spot to be in. When people here talk about betas, they're probably really talking about gammas and omegas.

Last edited:

Colossus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I think a goddamn man doest run around trying to classify himself and everyone else. Not much different than a d!ck measuring contest.

vagrant

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alpha is the guy who breaks all the rules...therefore all expectations...

Last edited: