Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Classic love song "When A Man Loves A Woman" is actually a case study in SIMP behavior....

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay look, I get it, this song is an American classic and I'm sure most of us first heard it on the old show "The Wonders Years", so it's a part of our childhood and we have sentimental feelings for it.....

.... but I just realized that this song is actually a case study and a low-key warning about the dangers of SIMPery.....

The entire premise of the song is that when a man loves a woman he dismisses all of her bad behavior. He ignores all the warning signs. He gives her all his wealth. And when his friends and family try to warn him that she's a gold-digging h0e, he turns his back on them....

....and in the end, she takes everything from him and leaves him to sleep out in the rain..... but he still loves her....

........this song does a fantastic job illustrating just how much the urge to SIMP is hardwired into a man's DNA, and also how cold and calculating women can be when they're out to exploit a man's genetic propensity towards SIMP behavior.....

Let's analyze the lyrics:

"When a man loves a woman
Can't keep his mind on nothin' else

He'd trade the world
For a good thing he's found

If she is bad, he can't see it
She can do no wrong
Turn his back on his best friend
If he puts her down

When a man loves a woman
Spend his very last dime
Trying to hold on to what he needs
He'd give up all his comforts

And sleep out in the rain
If she said that's the way
It ought to be

When a man loves a woman
I give you everything I've got (yeah)
Trying to hold on
To your precious love
Baby please don't treat me bad

When a man loves a woman
Deep down in his soul
She can bring him such misery

If she is playing him for a fool
He's the last one to know

Loving eyes can never see
Yes when a man loves a woman
I know exactly how he feels
'Cause baby, baby, baby
I am a man
When a man loves a woman"

Last edited:

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No argument here.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's what sells. Mgtow and trp get hell bent over marriage and divorce rape but it is a means to resources. Women spend on useless things from basket weaving masters degrees to useless crap like hand bags. The redistribution of resources is simply a economical play. The way you win is not play in the space of marriage or house in any way. As a dude, you can get by on next to nothing as a minimalist and you can pill in a ****ty college dorm. If you try at forty with nothing, women are not going to be as content especially given females entitlement in the modern age. It's not to say that you can't but it is important to demonstrate higher value as well as competence in your area of expertise.

If you look at Hollywood or R&B, it reeks low testosterone and simp. It is not shocking why so few guys get it nor actually cuck oneself. I cannot stress enough about solitude.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rock and Roll and hollywood have been BP for years.
Give me some Maiden any day over this crappola granola song
I could play both lead and rhythm guitar on the Somewhere In Time album and a few others. Had a bud, Jeff, who could Really play all the albums perfectly. We used tablature, and he'd steal em from the mall, but he could play by ear better than me too, as well he took acid, etc..the hard drugs while I had held out until my senior year at 16, 17 years old for my first drink/joint. We stuck with Maiden well after they became unpopular and everybody started getting into grunge and the "Dave Matthews Band," and on and on crap that changed on MTV. The girls were listening to Bryan Adams, and the normie boys, Chicago, then. My normie guy friends would try to push Chicago on me that it was the door to the girls' pvssy. I's like this sh!t is so emotional, fvck this. The 80s were a lot more innocent though.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I hear so many simp songs outhere when I'm out in the blue pill world.. Makes me wana puke

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I listen to a wide variety of music, and this one entered the playlist quite recently. When I paid attention to the lyrics, I thought "that guy is one hell of a doormat". On the plus side, I haven't heard many songs like this coming out in recent years, but then again I pretty much turned off my radio.

SW15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of popular songs of the last 4-5 decades have been beta. Phil Collins songs have very strong beta themes.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup...a classic example of people thinking it's a romantic song when in fact it's quite dark. The melody and hook are terrific, it's a song you don't forget. But most people don't listen beyond the first line.

Even some of the posters here didn't give the lyrics a good read and are calling it beta and blue pill. It's actually stating what an idiot a man can be when he's blinded by "love" and having his chain yanked. That's how powerful the perceived romance of the song is...in fact it's pretty red pill.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yup...a classic example of people thinking it's a romantic song when in fact it's quite dark. The melody and hook are terrific, it's a song you don't forget. But most people don't listen beyond the first line.

Even some of the posters here didn't give the lyrics a good read and are calling it beta and blue pill. It's actually stating what an idiot a man can be when he's blinded by "love" and having his chain yanked. That's how powerful the perceived romance of the song is...in fact it's pretty red pill.
I always thought that was a good song until i rechecked the lyrics.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow. I just read the lyrics and I admit that I have never loved a woman like that period, or I'd probably still be together with my exes.

Xenom0rph

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was the first time I heard this song, it was this scene on The Wonder Years when Kevin kissed Winnie Cooper for the first time....

Since I heard it when I was a kid, and since I was young and stupid, I thought love was magical.

I thought if I'd be willing to sleep out in the rain for a woman, she'd be willing to do the same for me....

....WRONG....!!!!!!!

EDIT:: For fans of The Wonder Years, it's also interesting that even though Winnie Cooper is Kevin's first love and long time love interest, at the end of the series he didn't end up marrying her, he married someone else (unnamed in the epilogue)....

Last edited:

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Since I heard it when I was a kid, and since I was young and stupid, I thought love was magical.
I was the same until about the 9th grade. I was in a sheltered christian prep school so made it worse. It ended with Richard Marx's "Right Here Waiting for You." That was my last "love is magical" song. Because it wasn't working, the telepathy on girls I thought I was employing, I finally dropped it (as a method to get into their panties). Still, there were girls 2 grades below me who had telepathic crushes on me dropping notes into my locker (long notes and we barely even knew each other or maybe I knew her older brother). Stuff like why are you avoiding me? and I'm like fvck I didn't even know we were a thing at all. So you come to my games and sit behind the backstop? that makes us a thing? we go out on a boat at night just my friend and his girlfriend and her, then ok maybe we are a thing now, and then of course I'm at her house as she's getting ready to go out and her pregnant dogs are all running around in the carport. She was zit-faced, chipmunky-looking, and I looked her up a couple years ago and she'd married a very preppy (from another more advanced school) somewhat successful engineer. She was a sweet gal, she deserves it, the cookie-cutter life.

Sure, I regressed to "love is magical" in my mid-to-late 20s one last time falling for a very bright n' shiney, blonde (but with no t!ts - cheddar t!ts). It was her voice that put me under her spell. To this day, I am a changed man because of her, but I'm still me from about the age of 5 (when there is really no turning back as to who you are in essence which is why parenting is so Vital up until that point - my mom, a feminist "working" mom, one of the first who wasn't a stay-at-home when it became "chic" to be like a man in the 70s, dropped me off at daycare at the not-ripe-enough age of 10 months; sure it was a trusted neighbor woman down the road who's dipsh!t-bad-grade son became my best friend early on, but still not my mom who was with me for at least 10 hours a day - she'd work late in a government job).

Last edited:

In2theGame

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard many "Simp" songs, especially in the 80's and 90's but one of the worst recent ones is Bruno Mars.

When I Was Your Man
Bruno Mars

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now
Our song on the radio but it don't sound the same
When our friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down
'Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name
It all just sounds like ooh, ooh, ooh, hoo
Mm, too young, too dumb to realize
That I should have bought you flowers
And held your hand
Should have gave you all my hours
When I had the chance
Take you to every party 'cause all you wanted to do was dance
Now my baby's dancing
But she's dancing with another man
My pride, my ego, my needs, and my selfish ways
Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life
Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made, oh
And it haunts me every time I close my eyes
It all just sounds like ooh, ooh,…

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I thought if I'd be willing to sleep out in the rain for a woman, she'd be willing to do the same for me....

....WRONG....!!!!!!!

EDIT:: For fans of The Wonder Years, it's also interesting that even though Winnie Cooper is Kevin's first love and long time love interest, at the end of the series he didn't end up marrying her, he married someone else
The dumb b1tch ran off to france for ten years to study art history. Love ya, kev, but art is calling, lol. So much for love.